Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Flu and Covid booster both taken

Still hanging strong

I’ve had the flu jab but not bothered with the covid booster… it’s wiped me out every time I’ve had a covid jab and I’ve subsequently gone on to get it anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

@Renton what happened to the claims that the jab would prevent infection? Is it a case of different variants/strains slipping through the net? 🤔

It reduces the risk of transmission a bit, its never been claimed it prevents infection totally afaik. But new strains are much more infectious than the original wildtype also. By far the main benefit is to reduce severity, and reduce incidence of hospital admission and death. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

It reduces the risk of transmission a bit, its never been claimed it prevents infection totally afaik. But new strains are much more infectious than the original wildtype also. By far the main benefit is to reduce severity, and reduce incidence of hospital admission and death. 

Which is important for me because I'm old, a bit lardy and dodgy ticker after years of hedonistic behaviour

32 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Which is important for me because I'm old, a bit lardy and dodgy ticker after years of hedonistic behaviour

You'll want to avoid any hedonistic behaviour at the moment. Not a good time to get ill or fall over.....

image.png.25d0378aab39ad3cc0bd1f4eb6124fa3.png

Nah all different tests and I know they are ok because my wife uses them and other family members . I've been through quite a few packs from different places too.

I've had one negative since I caught covid (it came 4 weeks later) but I went from testing every 2 days until day 14 , to testing weekly, then I stopped on a negative. Next week I was going to a nursing home so tested again and same faint line, since then its been a faint line weekly.

I worked on the NSS Covid response so am pretty "clued up" on the testing and infectiousness side and they reckon that false negatives are much more likely than false positives - also , its 3 months before its "reportable" as long covid and is very unlikely someone is infectious after day 14 from testing positive.

I'm alright , but I know I've still got it - mental arithmetic is a fraction harder (pardon the pun!) and im a tiny bit slower at work or getting things done. When I had it to start with I had proper symptoms , but not the ones I expected. Dizziness was the worst, like vertigo.

On 20/12/2022 at 13:05, PaddockLad said:

I’ve had the flu jab but not bothered with the covid booster… it’s wiped me out every time I’ve had a covid jab and I’ve subsequently gone on to get it anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

@Renton what happened to the claims that the jab would prevent infection? Is it a case of different variants/strains slipping through the net? 🤔

The official take is that it is more likely to stop infection , and it probably does prevent many infections you would have got without the vaccine.

I'd still take boosters, if only for the protection against moderate to severe disease. (But only if its the ambivalent one, if its the same one they were giving out last year its well outdated).

On 20/12/2022 at 11:19, ewerk said:

So it looks like one of Toontastic’s last invincibles may be wounded, perhaps fatally.

I felt a bit rough yesterday, sore all over and no energy. The wife said she was the same. Both tested and both negative.

Now the wife has tested positive this morning and I’m still negative but giving the way I feel I’d say it’s only a matter of time before I’m getting two lines up.

Two days later and I feel shite. Nothing to do with having covid, I’m still testing negative. I’m basically a medical marvel at this point, if they sequenced my DNA they could end this pandemic overnight, they’d probably find the cure for cancer in there too.

But I’m a secondary victim of covid. The wife is positive so is refusing to go near the kids or touch anything so I’m left to do absolutely everything myself and I’m fucking shattered while she’s spent two days in a spare room watching Harry and Meghan on Netflix. There should definitely be some form of charity for poor cunts like me.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Two days later and I feel shite. Nothing to do with having covid, I’m still testing negative. I’m basically a medical marvel at this point, if they sequenced my DNA they could end this pandemic overnight, they’d probably find the cure for cancer in there too.

But I’m a secondary victim of covid. The wife is positive so is refusing to go near the kids or touch anything so I’m left to do absolutely everything myself and I’m fucking shattered while she’s spent two days in a spare room watching Harry and Meghan on Netflix. There should definitely be some form of charity for poor cunts like me.

Count yourself lucky. When I got it in January, the kids did as well but the wife didn't. Meant I had to look after the kids whilst suffering from covid at the same time, whilst she swanned around scot free. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Renton said:

Count yourself lucky. When I got it in January, the kids did as well but the wife didn't. Meant I had to look after the kids whilst suffering from covid at the same time, whilst she swanned around scot free. 

I’d have been going round licking every cup, glass and piece of cutlery in the house.

So America has said anyone travelling from China must test negative for Covid before they'll be allowed in. The U.K.  say they have no plans to do the same thing. What could possibly go wrong ? 

2 hours ago, trooper said:

So America has said anyone travelling from China must test negative for Covid before they'll be allowed in. The U.K.  say they have no plans to do the same thing. What could possibly go wrong ? 

Nothing is going wrong, it's all going perfectly to plan, annihilate the NHS and privatise it, more they can do to increase the burden the better, and screw the human cost. 

2 hours ago, trooper said:

Presumably not got the staff to do it anyway. 

Just reading they reckon 205 million (18%) of the population have covid in China & the R number is 20. Dwarfing anything seen by the West. Shirley it makes sense to show a negative  test as you show your passport

7 minutes ago, trooper said:

Just reading they reckon 205 million (18%) of the population have covid in China & the R number is 20. Dwarfing anything seen by the West. Shirley it makes sense to show a negative  test as you show your passport

That right there's the flaw in your plan in respect to this government.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/01/2023 at 16:04, Monkeys Fist said:

That could be the first line of their next Top 500 hit. 

Ironically they're not allowed within 500yds of schools.