Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

There’s no way they were taking him in for routine tests. Hospital would have been a last resort as they try to convey an illusion of stability. He’s still likely to be okay though, there will be no one in the country getting as good care as him.

my next-door neighbours reckon they have had it - a couple in their early 40s. Both seem OK now, but reckon it took over two weeks before they felt normal again 

I know a lass that has it. 

She’s been in terrible fettle but she looks to be on the mend and didn’t have to go to hospital or anything.

6 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Has no one on here had it yet? 

If it's that contagious you'd think at least a few of our thousands of users would be infected by now.

Until testing is about who fucking knows! @trooperhad a member of his family with it. Hope they're ok Troops btw.

5 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Has no one on here had it yet? 

If it's that contagious you'd think at least a few of our thousands of users would be infected by now.

I was absolutely done in by something in the middle of Jan. All symptoms identical. Got it on a Friday and was completely fucked from the Sunday to the Wednesday. Dry cough, fever, aches, all that stuff. 

I'd had the normal flu vaccine in the middle of December. 

I'd be interested to know if that was it - it's the sickest I can remember feeling as an adult. 

3 hours ago, Sonatine said:

They'll probably just go with the old "It's God's way of testing us\punishing the sinners" spiel, most of these cunts aren't going to change their way of thinking now <_<

I reckoned that would be the line the Saudis took but it seems even those morons can get their heads out of their arses once in a while. They've cancelled voluntary pilgrimages (umrah) until further notice and it looks like they're going to cancel Haj altogether. In fairness there appears to be a history of canceling Haj due to plague or cholera, but with how fucked the world is presently, I fully expected the Saudis to throw open the gates and encourage people to come and die in Mecca so they can go to heaven. 

I just read on the BBC about a pastor who was spouting off Trumpian views about how it's not very infectious and it's a hoax and it's created by the Democrats, then went down to Louisiana for Mardi Gras, caught C19, and died. His surviving kids continue to blame "the media" and have a lot to say about "it shouldn't be party against party" and "it should be one nation under God" and "we need to bring the country together" but the other side needs to "show a little humility." Astonishing. Your dad died because he listened to your orange cult leader's bullshit, and all you have to say about that is that it's the other side's fault. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I was absolutely done in by something in the middle of Jan. All symptoms identical. Got it on a Friday and was completely fucked from the Sunday to the Wednesday. Dry cough, fever, aches, all that stuff. 

I'd be interested to know if that was it - it's the sickest I can remember feeling as an adult. 

Did your lass get it?

My pneumonia I had I am sure that was it too, but my wife has been fine.  She had a sore throat for a couple of days but that's it.

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Did your lass get it?

My pneumonia I had I am sure that was it too, but my wife has been fine.  She had a sore throat for a couple of days but that's it.

Nah but unbeknownst to me at the time I did the sort of stuff they're recommending you do - move to the spare bed, etc, cos I was just coughing all night. So she might have been fortunate in not catching it. 

5 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

dGot this from another forum I go on.

Many countries have managed to significantly decrease the doubling time of the virus so that growth is no longer exponential, exceptions are UK, USA, Canada and France, although they still look better than a week ago. Doubling time for the week ending April 6th:

Canada = 3.67 days
UK = 3.68 days
USA = 3.99 days
France = 4.03 days
Portugal = 5.78 days
Belgium = 6.27 days
Spain = 7.88 days
Netherlands = 7.88 days
Germany = 8.37 days
Switzerland = 11.79 days
Australia = 13.07 days
Italy = 15.51 days

I'm confused, what does doubling rate mean? As in number of days it took for infection rate to double? Double from what number? 

If that's the case those Australian numbers are wrong and sure the Italian and Spanish numbers are also incorrect.

Australia testing is a lot less than our government would have the world believe, it's actually really difficult to make the criteria and it totally ignores local transmission. Also our quaratine rules don't cover everyone, so airline crew are exempt but the passengers from the same plane have to be quarantined. The stupidity of this is four airline staff have today tested positive but they have been free to be in the general public while they were at their most contagious! There are too many of those sort of constant fuck ups happening here for reliable figures.

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nah but unbeknownst to me at the time I did the sort of stuff they're recommending you do - move to the spare bed, etc, cos I was just coughing all night. So she might have been fortunate in not catching it. 

True I did the same as I had a chesty cough.  Then one morning I was coughing up blood.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

True I did the same as I had a chesty cough.  Then one morning I was coughing up blood.

sounds more like lung cancer than cv19 tbh mate

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, sammynb said:

I'm confused, what does doubling rate mean? As in number of days it took for infection rate to double? Double from what number? 

If that's the case those Australian numbers are wrong and sure the Italian and Spanish numbers are also incorrect.

Australia testing is a lot less than our government would have the world believe, it's actually really difficult to make the criteria and it totally ignores local transmission. Also our quaratine rules don't cover everyone, so airline crew are exempt but the passengers from the same plane have to be quarantined. The stupidity of this is four airline staff have today tested positive but they have been free to be in the general public while they were at their most contagious! There are too many of those sort of constant fuck ups happening here for reliable figures.

Death rate.  How long it takes for the o/a numbers to double.

39 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I was knocked down for a week by something at the end of January, no cough but pretty bad. 

This was a couple of weeks after sitting next to Chinese lass who'd been home for Xmas - not to the infected province as she kept insisting :)

1 minute ago, NJS said:

I was knocked down for a week by something at the end of January, no cough but pretty bad. 

This was a couple of weeks after sitting next to Chinese lass who'd been home for Xmas - not to the infected province as she kept insisting :)

Thing is, I had half assumed that the time line was too early (mid Jan for me, late Jan for you), but then when you hear that America had its first confirmed death on Jan 18th, it was very likely to already be here at that point. 

12 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Aye so how long they will get from 500 total deaths to 1k, 1k to 2k etc. 

22 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Keep it lite Gloom, fucks sakes man :cuppa:

:lol:

he could be lucky - it might be tuberculosis 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 2