Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Renton - I can’t speak for anyone’s experience but my own. The patients I’ve been to intubate have been absolutely exhausted to the point that they are desperate for some respite. They’ve been conscious and consenting and I feel like I’ve been more terrified than they are.

I haven’t posted much on this until today but I’ve been dipping in and out and reading bits here and there. This whole thing can become all-consuming and I know that personally given what I’m dealing with at work I need to actively avoid news, social media and forums for good periods of time otherwise I lose perspective and start to feel panic-stricken. Genuine question @Renton but do you think you would benefit from a break from the 24/7 nature of all this? It’s not healthy for any of us 🙁

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think Renton both hates and loves bad news. I'm a bit that way so maybe I'm projecting, but i do feel like it's a thing.

Calm down Dostoyevsky

2 hours ago, NJS said:

The bastard in me does find it amusing that he's spent years of effort striving for this one job which might only end up lasting 6 months. 

The Big Sam of politics? 

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, catmag said:

Renton - I can’t speak for anyone’s experience but my own. The patients I’ve been to intubate have been absolutely exhausted to the point that they are desperate for some respite. They’ve been conscious and consenting and I feel like I’ve been more terrified than they are.

I haven’t posted much on this until today but I’ve been dipping in and out and reading bits here and there. This whole thing can become all-consuming and I know that personally given what I’m dealing with at work I need to actively avoid news, social media and forums for good periods of time otherwise I lose perspective and start to feel panic-stricken. Genuine question @Renton but do you think you would benefit from a break from the 24/7 nature of all this? It’s not healthy for any of us 🙁

No, that's fair enough. Times like this are pretty bad for those of us with OCD, you can't escape it in the news and although I'm in research rather than clinical i have to go to hospital every day anyway and covid work is beginning to pick up now. So no escape there really either.  Ive said before my main concern is having to send the kids to school. It preys on my mind because it just seems such an unnecessary risk in my case. Nothing like what you're doing of course. I did wonder if we should have more than one coronavirus thread like for those who want to avoid the misery of this one.  Stay safe. 

Whilst I don’t actually wish the bumbling tit dead ( honest 😉), I care what happens to him about as much as he, his Bullingdon mates, his party lickspittles and weasels, and the whole Tory shitshow care what happens to us. 
Not a fucking jot, nowt. 

As mentioned, pulling the “he’s a father” shite is laughable, he’s as much of a caring family man as Jeffrey Dahmer. 

If he recovers, he might change his thinking (he won’t ), if he doesn’t, well, one less cunt in the world. 

Fidel Castro was a father, a grandfather, and someone with family and friends. He was a fellow human being and was desperately unwell. Stupid right wing cunts should just try to remember that :cuppa:

Hypocritical dickheads.

• Like 2

Just now, Andrew said:

I liked this one

Perfect. Yeah I'm feeling a lot better about my lack of concern for him after reading some of her earlier work.

Out of curiosity I thought I would have a look at flight radar to see what planes were about. Heathrow still looks busy. I saw a plane had just arrived from JFK. I bet there is absolutely fuck all testing been done with arrivals. No temperature been taken or the like. 

7 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Fidel Castro was a father, a grandfather, and someone with family and friends. He was a fellow human being and was desperately unwell. Stupid right wing cunts should just try to remember that :cuppa:

Hypocritical dickheads.

Just a reminder she’s an utterly callous Tory, just like he is. Wishing him dead is one thing of course, but not caring about someone who clearly didn’t care who got harmed so long they got into power is quite another. 

• Like 2

That Hartley brewer another of many examples of cunt who seem to have carte blanche to spout shit, wind people up for clicks/bites. She's blocked on twitter. Life's simpler ignoring her and if everyone did she'd shrivel up into nothing. You could do a Ralph McTell and lead her round the streets of wherever talking about real life and I'm sure she'd be a little pussycat whilst she'd be getting shown around. I've zero respect for her and her likes but could think of plenty of mothers where I lived growing up who were fucking colossus's compared to the likes of her despite not being dealt the best hands in life. Fuck her.

• Like 3