Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

14 hours ago, Renton said:

There is fucking no chance of foreign travel this year. Very possibly not next year either. There probably won't be pubs open this year even. Restaurants, maybe, but limited capacity and horrendously expensive. When travel is released in this country, i expect demand to outstrip supply and possibly price gouging as well.  I know J69 thinks this is pessimistic, but its just reality. Rebooking holidays abroad  for later this year was just daft.

What's annoying me is I am shortly due to pay the balance on an August holiday i know won't happen. The deposit is a grand so I'll have to cough up and hope the refund is honoured. Should be okay as it is TUI. But the same dates for this holiday next year have more than doubled so out of my price range. Depressing. 

Have you got insurance? I would be concerned about TUI going under with my cash if I was you. 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Have you got insurance? I would be concerned about TUI going under with my cash if I was you. 

I have an annual travel insurance policy attached to my bank account. But isn't a package holiday ATOL protected? Ultimately who guarantees that?

Still, I don't see why I should pay for a holiday I'm not getting like, makes me a nervous because its thousands. Or write off a hefty deposit. 

“Twitter said it would not remove 5G and coronavirus misinformation, but would remove direct incitement to action.”

Why am I not surprised? 

• Like 1

Someone posted on my Insta.  Apparently theres a group of FB saying that the lockdown is part of a test as Bozo and Trump are going to attack China and this is a test to see if the public can stay at home :lol:

• Jaysus... 1

Also I can see why we need testing especially along side tracing and isolation but as it's been unveiled I have doubts. 

If I woke up tomorrow feeling dodgy with a cough I'd probably isolate until I felt better and certainly wouldn't think of driving to Stansted where a testing centre is mooted. 

Similarly as I'm feeling okay I wouldn't want a test anyway unless I suspected I was asymptomatic which is a stretch. 

Now I can see the appeal of an antibody test but the antigen one still seems a puzzle to me. 

Any thoughts? 

11 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Since we’re on the subject, guess who this is? 
(I’ve NSFWed it, even though none of us are at work :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

33150500_1005426822959954_11670656221865

I honestly thought this was Rachel off Friends.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Renton said:

If you watch the whole thing, she admits she wouldn't because "she has family" to be with. Like all the croupiers, cleaners, restaurant staff etc. don't have families? How the fuck anyone can want us to move closer to the US model is beyond me. A fair proportion of these people are fucking sociopaths. 

Good point, but you have to take into account that I rely on other people watching this shit for me. :)