Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I’ve noticed that too mate. 
Took the laddie out for our daily cycle and it was noticeably busier than it has been the last week or so. 
Not only more people, but they seemed to be taking less notice of the 2m rule, too. 

All the lads in the pub tonight had noticed this too, and we were suitably pissed off. 

People are cunts. 

• Haha 5

Part of a long thread by comedian Simon Evans, who I quite like. I’m not sure I agree with the overall gist of it but I’ve been thinking a lot about this particular part a lot in the last week....what are the government going to do to us so they can pay back the estimated 225 billion they’ve borrowed in the first four months of this year? For comparison in 2009/10 the UK borrowed 227 billion to cover the banking crisis....

On 02/04/2020 at 15:53, Kid Dynamite said:

You’re arguing the toss with me on a future that may or may not happen based on complete supposition. My point still stands, Germany is on the same COVID death curve as the UK, despite using many more testing kits. 

You need to stop jumping on anyone that disagrees with you. You aren’t the COVID oracle 

The thing about the future is that it does tend to happen.

C8CED9D7-10EB-4213-BE2F-F6599D0AB38F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Why isn't Sweden being hammered? I was under the impression that they didn't lockdown.

They do have social distancing, and my impression is they are responsible as people.also a low density population. You've got to compare like with like. The infection and death rate in Sweden is 10 times that of other Nordic nations. 

• Like 2

cummings is an arts graduate with a major boner for science - maybe it's envy or an inferiority complex.

we are on track to be the european country with the most deaths precisely because we pissed about for two weeks with this herd immunity bollocks while the rest of europe acted decisively. 

that's why cummings attending the sage meetings stinks. what the fuck is an unelected government advisor doing there?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I find it in poor taste tbh. If I wanted to get properly on my high horse I’d say one of us is wearing full PPE 40hrs a week on COVID wards. putting my family at risk, while the other one is being a clever cunt on the internet 

It wasn't that stinging from ewerk man, and it's interesting to see how reality has

developed from what was discussed.

We haven't handled this well as a country at all, based on that graph.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

cummings is an arts graduate with a major boner for science - maybe it's envy or an inferiority complex.

we are on track to be the european country with the most deaths precisely because we pissed about for two weeks with this herd immunity bollocks while the rest of europe acted decisively. 

that's why cummings attending the sage meetings stinks. what the fuck is an unelected government advisor doing there?

Because this government does what the fuck it likes

I think Cummings might be the fall guy for all of this in the end. Someone's head will roll and short of Johnson himself, I'm not sure any of the underlying stooges will cut it.

Just now, Alex said:

Because this government does what the fuck it likes

and then they attack the media for reporting it. the have followed the bannon playbook to the letter

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

40,000 dead and we are still playing I told you so? 

My original point, 3 weeks ago, was as true then as it is now 

You sided with the government, who are clearly a set of charlatans, purely to be contrary. You spread misinformation and lies through your ignorance. You've jumped on my posts calling me a fanny and a doom monger. You were wrong, and as Alex says you have the cheek to try and take the high ground. Maybe reflect on that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It wasn't that stinging from ewerk man, and it's interesting to see how reality has

developed from what was discussed.

We haven't handled this well as a country at all, based on that graph.

Maybe not, but it’s been a shit week and I don’t see the need to scroll through weeks of posts to dig that up. Hindsight is wonderful

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I find it in poor taste tbh. If I wanted to get properly on my high horse I’d say one of us is wearing full PPE 40hrs a week on COVID wards. putting my family at risk, while the other one is being a clever cunt on the internet 

massive respect and solidarity to you and every NHS worker on the frontline but why use it as a shield? there is no shame in admitting you got this one wrong.

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

massive respect and solidarity to you and every NHS worker on the frontline but why use it as a shield? there is no shame in admitting you got this one wrong.

I’ve never denied it. 3-4 weeks ago I pointed out that the UK and German curves were similar, despite big differences in testing. 

A month on and we can see the horrifying bigger picture. 

I’ve deleted it now. Consider that well and truly a bite 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

and then they attack the media for reporting it. the have followed the bannon playbook to the letter

I might be missing something but doesn’t that make it even worse? I.e. two people working for the government and attending the meetings of a supposedly independent committee that they aren’t a member of? 

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

You sided with the government, who are clearly a set of charlatans, purely to be contrary. You spread misinformation and lies through your ignorance. You've jumped on my posts calling me a fanny and a doom monger. You were wrong, and as Alex says you have the cheek to try and take the high ground. Maybe reflect on that. 

Tbf you are an absolute fanny, and that’s a hill

ill happily die on

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Maybe not, but it’s been a shit week and I don’t see the need to scroll through weeks of posts to dig that up. Hindsight is wonderful

ewerk does seem to have some weird kind of idetic memory for things people have said previously.

Sorry to hear it's been a shit week anyway, hang in there. There isn't a soul on here who doesn't respect the work you and other front line staff are doing throughout this.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Tbf you are an absolute fanny, and that’s a hill

ill happily die on

I've just told things as they are. I'm not the one going back and deleting posts. 

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

ewerk does seem to have some weird kind of idetic memory for things people have said previously.

Sorry to hear it's been a shit week anyway, hang in there. There isn't a soul on here who doesn't respect the work you and other front line staff are doing throughout this.

Thanks. I shouldn't have posted that though. Not my finest moment 

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I scrolled through nothing, it took two seconds to find. 

The whole thing came about because you disagreed with people saying that Germany had made the right move to mass test early on and said they were on the exact same path as the U.K. 

Renton and I were of the belief that Germany had done the right thing and it was clear then that their death figures were much lower and would continue to stay lower.

The only way to conclude such a discussion is to look at the actual data further down the line.

This wasn’t me having a go to single you out for being wrong as much as shining a light on the fact that I was, I am and will continue to be right with every single statement I make. I’m more infallible than the pope right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3