Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

That have to be taken every year, unlike the measles vaccine.

Annual vaccination isn't really that much of a hassle. Coronavirus is more stable than influenza, which constantly mutates. If it does mutate, it will most likely become less harmful. 

Point I'm trying to make is, in 10 years we will look back on this period as a bad time, but we won't be in the same place. Whether we are in a better place or not depends on politics.

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Annual vaccination isn't really that much of a hassle. Coronavirus is more stable than influenza, which constantly mutates. If it does mutate, it will most likely become less harmful. 

Point I'm trying to make is, in 10 years we will look back on this period as a bad time, but we won't be in the same place. Whether we are in a better place or not depends on politics.

I'm trying to imagine what 'worse', on a political level, could be.

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

As an aside, why has Belgium fared so badly? 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

As I’ve said, I hope you are right. I really do.

The news person who was commenting on Wittys evidence was basically saying something like...... We couldn’t cope with vaccinating 65 million people every year, so it would only go to those at gravest risk, which would mean the level of infection would remain high for years to come.

This would mean either severe restrictions would have to remain (not lockdown) or the NHS would be continually overwhelmed.

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

As an aside, why has Belgium fared so badly? 

I don’t think they have particularly, it’s more to do with the fact they’re including suspected care home cases in their figures.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don’t think they have particularly, it’s more to do with the fact they’re including suspected care home cases in their figures.

Also this virus operates in clusters, which are unpredictable. Get a couple of super spreaders and that's going to knack a small country like Belgium. It's not even a real country anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

As I’ve said, I hope you are right. I really do.

The news person who was commenting on Wittys evidence was basically saying something like...... We couldn’t cope with vaccinating 65 million people every year, so it would only go to those at gravest risk, which would mean the level of infection would remain high for years to come.

This would mean either severe restrictions would have to remain (not lockdown) or the NHS would be continually overwhelmed.

Well the NHS is already partitioned. I suspect the new Nightingale hospitals will be the equivalent of TB sanatorium going forward. 

One thing Belgium has in it's numbers is deaths in Old Bids homes.  We don't.  Put ours on the chart and it will be fucking even worse.

Just seen the Covid Oracle had posted the same.

Edited by wykikitoon
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You’ve got me all wrong. Think more along the lines of Bob Mortimer’ train guy if his Da gave him a job.

"Ya, ya, ya....what about ye?......hnnnnnn......sure, look at you on the back of your horse art getting pelted with rotten fruit, hahahaha......ya, ya, ya...... just been talking to yer man, daddy business guy and he's looking for some actionables on the fertilizer deal..... ya, ya THE daddy business guy, the man who literally shot me out his special business canon. So if you can get some one on one time with your little people and we can ace it? Anyway, as always, you're a qwair wee fella, so you are, ahm, hnnnnn.....have an Ulster fry on me, ya, ya, ya..... hahahaha...... ciao bella!"

shutterstock_196621427-2-weboptimised.jpg

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Beer, chips, chocolate, Anderlecht playing in mauve :good:

All those things. And the alcoves 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

"Ya, ya, ya....what about ye?......hnnnnnn......sure, look at you on the back of your horse art getting pelted with rotten fruit, hahahaha......ya, ya, ya...... just been talking to yer man, daddy business guy and he's looking for some actionables on the fertilizer deal..... ya, ya THE daddy business guy, the man who literally shot me out his special business canon. So if you can get some one on one time with your little people and we can ace it? Anyway, as always, you're a qwair wee fella, so you are, ahm, hnnnnn.....have an Ulster fry on me, ya, ya, ya..... hahahaha...... ciao bella!"

shutterstock_196621427-2-weboptimised.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: 

I reckon next weekend will be when it all goes to pot.

4 weeks off in the sun is manageable for most people. Its forecast to rain all week after today though and the mongos on Facebook are already talking about ignoring the lockdown. Not sure where they are going mind. Party at Morrisons maybe