Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Lads, can I interest you in some online board gaming? :lol: I've juggling 17 different games at the minute. This is the routine you're looking for. 

I don’t even really know what you’re talking about but it’s still funny 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

RIP. Your name for him is borderline racist, mind 

I honestly thought that's what PL meant. You mean it's just a restaurant closing? 

Our local chinese takeaway  has a notice saying its closed, forever. I've been going there for over 30 years, but it must have been open a lot longer. It was ran by a chinese matriarch called Grace, mad as a box of frogs but quite the character, she knew everyone. Little things like this are sad. 

• Like 1

The free 26 counties will most likely have to extend the lockdown. They seem to be over the peak but they don't want to relax restrictions until they have the testing capacity to deal with further cases once people are out and about again even though their testing capacity per capita would be much higher than the UK's.

12 hours ago, Renton said:

I honestly thought that's what PL meant. You mean it's just a restaurant closing? 

Our local chinese takeaway  has a notice saying its closed, forever. I've been going there for over 30 years, but it must have been open a lot longer. It was ran by a chinese matriarch called Grace, mad as a box of frogs but quite the character, she knew everyone. Little things like this are sad. 

Yeah it’s the restaurant at the bottom of the road :lol:  I can be  bit non PC at times but am not Alf Garnett tbf....

This place was run by Iqbal, he had 3 or 4 in the area and Is a bit of a character...he’s grafted his arse off for 25 years probably but it’s all turning to dust :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, Renton said:

Depressing. Slow hand clap for Johnson and Hancock. Remind me, this is what success looks like and we are an exemplar for the world, that's right isn't it? 

I shall try and find it, but the stats I saw was Italy was 50% above their normal range and us at 37%.

I see Macron has said during the easing of lockdown they will be testing 700k a day.

Have we even fucking hit 70k?

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It’s going to be fantastic watching the rest of Europe move forward with this while we’re stuck because of this governments extreme incompetence.

I think you’ll find that is the fault of the EU

On the daily update fatality graphs, you now see us surging ahead of EU countries,  including France, Italy, and Spain. If they showed the more relevant per capita graphs, we'd be miles ahead of the USA too.

It begs the question. We were told Italy and Spain's health services collapsed (in places) yet ours didn't, even in London.  It is true we've always had capacity,  and i think that part of it has been genuinely been handled well. So why are we now reporting the worst outcomes in the world? I know its difficult to make international comparisons, but something doesn't seem right here.  Is it because our true prevalence is much worse, but we don't know because we haven't tested it? Is it because we are triaging differently? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Renton said:

On the daily update fatality graphs, you now see us surging ahead of EU countries,  including France, Italy, and Spain. If they showed the more relevant per capita graphs, we'd be miles ahead of the USA too.

It begs the question. We were told Italy and Spain's health services collapsed (in places) yet ours didn't, even in London.  It is true we've always had capacity,  and i think that part of it has been genuinely been handled well. So why are we now reporting the worst outcomes in the world? I know its difficult to make international comparisons, but something doesn't seem right here.  Is it because our true prevalence is much worse, but we don't know because we haven't tested it? Is it because we are triaging differently? 

Sadly nobody seems to give a fuck, the only question you hear is "When will the bars be back open?".

1 hour ago, Renton said:

All good questions. 

I know it's spread throughout the country now but I think London is a big factor. Not only too many people still working but I think the sheer volume of public transport and how packed it is normally is a huge factor in just how many were and are still being exposed to it.

If they try and rely on this app without follow up tracing and ask people to self-isolate without checking it'll all go tits up when it's eased even slightly imo

I think that was the case in London but not now. I assume Gloomy can confirm this. 

I'll try and find it, but saw a link to an Israeli study that shows no matter what type of lockdown or not after 6 weeks the virus starts to decline. That's quite interesting. 

However if we had acted sooner we could have prevented a lot more deaths. The sporting events like Cheltenham that was allowed to go ahead is appalling. 

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

That last Friday night fling might’ve just been a tad reckless too 

You mean the one 2.5 weeks before the peak death day? 

• Like 3
  • Jaysus... 1