Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

37 minutes ago, NJS said:

To be honest as I've said before I don't see the point of being tested "on spec" without symptoms. 

Now an antibody test does appeal but there not there yet. 

You don't see the point in accurate surveillance? 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

You don't see the point in accurate surveillance? 

Very much so but symptoms/suspected cases have to be the starting point not just people shitting it. 

They've suggested a random 100k of home tests - that makes sense from a data pov I have to say..

11 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

How nice of her.

95119162_10158340458565948_2665478634000

Who the fuck is she and why should I care?  I have been letting my GREY (fucking yanks) hair grow out for years :( 

Edited by RobinRobin
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Someone I’ve never heard of not being able to get to the hairdressers is incredible. How inspiring 

“ So Hilarie/Hillary however the fuck you spell it today, what will be your overriding memory of the lockdown?”

“Tatty minge”. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ewerk said:

I see the cunts have fudged the numbers on their 100,000 target but the BBC are still leading with it.

The BBC are too busy displaying moral outrage at our potential takeover to hold the government to account 

Setting an ambitious target and almost hitting it is a good achievement, tarnished by the government’s pathetic attempt to spin it. There would have been nothing wrong with just being honest and saying we almost got there but not quite. 

• Like 1

I'm going to stress as well that when I was managing operations in my previous job, I had to make commitments to get a certain amount of product out of the door by certain points, usually up to several pallets worth of books that that had to be made within a few days. 

While i was able to judge the time needed myself at the start, it was on understanding that i wouldnt miss the deadline i gave myself. If I was a day out, I would be crucified.

People make the mistake of judging this shit as if government ministers should be held to the same standard as normal people in every day tasks. They should not. They should be held to the standards and beyond, that I was held to. Especially when they're actually weighing people's lives against what they're promising, not just company profits as I was.

I fucking hated the pressure of those orders, as I'm sure Hancock came to hate this, but... IT WAS MY FUCKING JOB.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

There are no words for my hatred of this government.They have turned a serious scientific/medical point into a political one. Hancock is a snivelling cum stain of a man. The media are also complicit on this, for several reasons. This country is rotten to the core after 10 years of these srseholes, both groups. I'm not sure which I hate most. I'll go with the politicians, cos Gloom seems okay. So does Bridget tbf, but she understandably dumped us! 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

I’ve spent the last 24hrs coughing my lungs inside out- rang 111 to see about getting tested (mainly due to my wife’s key worker status), and following two telephone interviews with two different doctors, one doesn’t think I have it, one does. :lol:
On their advice, we tried to arrange to get the entire family tested- Mrs. F, me and the 12 & 9 yr olds.…

… Can’t arrange tests for under 18s online. 

Went on with the attempt, and the nearest testing centre available to us, in Forest Hall, North Tyneside is… any guesses? 

Spoiler

Fucking Galashiels :lol:

• Jaysus... 4

37 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve spent the last 24hrs coughing my lungs inside out- rang 111 to see about getting tested (mainly due to my wife’s key worker status), and following two telephone interviews with two different doctors, one doesn’t think I have it, one does. :lol:
On their advice, we tried to arrange to get the entire family tested- Mrs. F, me and the 12 & 9 yr olds.…

… Can’t arrange tests for under 18s online. 

Went on with the attempt, and the nearest testing centre available to us, in Forest Hall, North Tyneside is… any guesses? 

Reveal hidden contents

Fucking Galashiels :lol:

So much for unnecessary journeys, then? Hope you're all, and will be, ok? 

• Like 1