Jump to content
Anorthernsoul

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

Given that they’ve got form in fucking up medical specs i.e. the ventilators I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the government’s cock up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

 

CBD6A3A7-EFAF-47AA-8E86-733F29A06167.jpeg

511355CB-E920-432B-B761-4721F9A2112A.jpeg

Whenever I see anything like that I like to think of a proper little sad sack at home, alone, furious utilising their Microsoft paint skills to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2020 at 10:21, Ant said:

Just since the cycling to work/commuting got mentioned figured it'd be worth mentioning. 

The app we've had to develop has something towards the climate change impact built in to it. 

 

Can't post the maps etc yet till they're made available, but around half of my dept have give us the additional details in the last week we wanted so far  (home district/area code) 

Based on that along with the numbers we know are working from home etc and where they're based and ramping it up to the full dept. 

For 35 days of lockdown we've currently cut roughly 2million miles of commuting, which is around 1100 tonnes of co2 (and to balance it out it would need 1100 trees over 40yrs to absorb it) 

 

Maps makes it more interesting when it's broken down by area and density around office locations etc

Completely excluded Mid Ulster from the app I see. All because I took the piss out of your maps.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Completely excluded Mid Ulster from the app I see. All because I took the piss out of your maps.

 

No one is excluded even let Ballykelly feature

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Given that they’ve got form in fucking up medical specs i.e. the ventilators I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the government’s cock up.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/07/no-complaint-or-refund-demand-over-400000-unusable-nhs-gowns

 

No complaint or refund request received by the supplier. So yes, government spec fuck up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ant said:

 

No one is excluded even let Ballykelly feature

You’ll not be so smug when you’re moving you and the wife there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You’ll not be so smug when you’re moving you and the wife there.

 

not a mission, tbh better if they didn't anyway if i was to be moved there they'd have to pay me mileage for 3yrs or something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Renton said:

Can't link on my phone, but the latest voting intentions man. 50% Conservative compared with 30% Labour!

 

I mean, what the fuck is wrong with people? Even the worst handling of coronavirus in the world doesn't change these morons. 


Hopefully 6months of Starmer wiping the floor with Boris over COVID will slowly start to turn the tide 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Probably put together by a paid for service.

Straight from the Trump handbook, so probably Russia

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:


Hopefully 6months of Starmer wiping the floor with Boris over COVID will slowly start to turn the tide 

 

Starmer does seem very electable from what I've seen so far.

 

I can see a massive switch to Labour this year.  It will take time to undo the feeling of incompetence Corbyn projected, but the Tory's are certainly making it easy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can see a massive switch to Labour pre-Brexit huh?

 

If polling remains broadly the same, will you come back and admit that the people voting for madmen on the right aren't looking for electability, they're looking for confirmation of their own biased views, and are impenetrable to reality and logical argument?

 

Those voting for the right are emotionally invested in it. Labour could have Thatcher in charge at the moment and they still wouldn't win. It's tribalism over everything now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil said:

 

Starmer does seem very electable from what I've seen so far.

 

I can see a massive switch to Labour this year.  It will take time to undo the feeling of incompetence Corbyn projected, but the Tory's are certainly making it easy.

 

 

That’s reassuring, coming from you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

It's tribalism over everything now.

This is just what I’d expect to hear from you and your lot. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Alex said:

That’s reassuring, coming from you 

He’s just condemned us to another ten years of the Tories.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The amount of street parties I've seen today flouting social distancing is an absolute disgrace, these same ignorant idiots will be out clapping the NHS every Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Pence's press Secretary and Donald Trump's valet both test positive. Come on R-zero, you've got this.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anorthernsoul said:

The amount of street parties I've seen today flouting social distancing is an absolute disgrace, these same ignorant idiots will be out clapping the NHS every Thursday.

 

Up to a point you can't blame them when the messaging has been so mixed and the papers have been printing made-up timetables for lockdown being lifted. But only up to a point. They're definitely cunts too.

 

It'll keep escalating from here though, you'll have otherwise reasonable folk asking themselves (more than is already the case) why they should be hiding away and voluntarily living a shite version of life when no fucker else is.

 

What's the betting that even when foreign tourism begins again, the UK is one of the nationalities that have entry restrictions placed on them? If I was Germany or whoever, I'm not sure I'd want people coming in from here when we've not bothered to try and get the thing under proper control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

 

Up to a point you can't blame them when the messaging has been so mixed and the papers have been printing made-up timetables for lockdown being lifted. But only up to a point. They're definitely cunts too.

 

It'll keep escalating from here though, you'll have otherwise reasonable folk asking themselves (more than is already the case) why they should be hiding away and voluntarily living a shite version of life when no fucker else is.

 

What's the betting that even when foreign tourism begins again, the UK is one of the nationalities that have entry restrictions placed on them? If I was Germany or whoever, I'm not sure I'd want people coming in from here when we've not bothered to try and get the thing under proper control.

 

Aye. In some ways there's nothing I would like more than UK people being turned away at the Costa borders because we're the worst infected  nation on Earth. Add Brexit in, and well, we're fucked I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nearer 3. It will certainly be interesting to see if we get a spike though. And the blame will be firmly at the door of the government for pre-announcing a reduction in lockdown measures prior to a bank holiday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guaranteed the likes of CT had the bong and bunting out yesterday like. When I walked the dog yesterday there was a street party observing social distancing down the estate but by the time my lass went to work at 8pm-ish there were, she said, about 5 or 6 of them all sat round a table. Once people have a few bevvies common sense goes out the window. As Meenzer says, it doesn’t help when they’re almost encouraged to behave that way. Or the fact that they’re stupid, selfish cunts 

  • Jaysus... 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×