Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

The opening story on BBC News is that the government is ‘abandoning its stay at home message replacing it with a warning to stay alert’. So expect to see even more idiots out mixing in the coming days and weeks.

Edited by ewerk

12 hours ago, Alex said:

And the amount of wankers that live there ;)

Here are the wankers on my local high street yesterday. Why the apparent disregard for social distancing, I hear you cry?

The ice cream shop just reopened 

AE59978B-334E-4505-9038-14C3CB1A6A24.jpeg

F380A471-C678-48A5-A83F-B40BF2AC7F55.jpeg

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

The opening story on BBC News is that the government is ‘abandoning its stay at home message replacing it with a warning to stay alert’. So expect to see even more idiots out mixing in the coming days and weeks.

It’s the most moronic slogan yet. Stay alert to an invisible virus 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I wonder how many £millions were paid to how many cunts to come up with that fucking gem?

Clownshoes in power. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Here are the wankers on my local high street yesterday. Why the apparent disregard for social distancing, I hear you cry?

The ice cream shop just reopened 

AE59978B-334E-4505-9038-14C3CB1A6A24.jpeg

F380A471-C678-48A5-A83F-B40BF2AC7F55.jpeg

I think you’ll find that that is a gelateria 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

While we’re at it, how are we supposed to control the virus? Mind control? Remote control? It’s gibberish 

My thoughts this morning.

Currently, everyone seems to be viewing this as a situation that needs to be managed *until* a vaccine is discovered. What if that’s not possible or is years away?

At what point do we shift to a way to live with the virus?

Sure a lot of people are scared right now, but as time goes on people will (rightly) want to get as close back to living a normal life for themselves and their children.

Even older people will decide that the downsides of social exclusion are too burdensome.

The statistician on Marr this morning said iirc, out of 10 million under 10’s in the uk, 2 have die from corona virus.

Out of 17 million under 25’s, 27 have died.

How long do we let kids miss schooling, playing, living 

How long do we allow the collateral damage of missed cancer diagnosis, mental illness, poverty etc to go on.

I appreciate some people are putting their hopes in track and trace, but I honestly can’t see that working in this country once people are out and about.

To me it boils down to either pretty much where we are now and hope eventually a vaccine arrives or radically investing in better protection for the elderly while the rest of the population returns to normal (as possible).

???

• Jaysus... 1

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

To me it boils down to either pretty much where we are now and hope eventually a vaccine arrives or radically investing in better protection for the elderly while the rest of the population returns to normal (as possible).

???

You could put the elderly into safe communal environments - let's call them "care homes". 

• Haha 2

This new messaging/slogan feels about 6-9 months early. Expect to see us revert to “stay at home, save lives” in about a month when we see the inevitable spike in deaths 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

This new messaging/slogan feels about 6-9 months early. Expect to see us revert to “stay at home, save lives” in about a month when we see the inevitable spike in deaths 

And the attempt to kickstart the economy has had the opposite effect. 

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

Proof it’s working on the morons right there tbh

Quite the opposite. My point is either we stick with where we are or we prepare (radically) for a new way of living.

Im 100% sure there is no sustainable middle ground. 

Im not really interested in the politics of it as it is going to turn into a moral crisis over the dangers to an aged population v the collateral dangers / libertys of the under 50’s, particularly children.

Personally I think Kier Starmer has been excellent and a national unity government should be put in place til the next election.

But he’s not interested in the politics of it :lol:

Because he voted these fucking morons in to power multiple times, and only now is it getting through his cone skull that they’re not interested in him or his welfare. 

40 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Quite the opposite. My point is either we stick with where we are or we prepare (radically) for a new way of living.

Im 100% sure there is no sustainable middle ground. 

Im not really interested in the politics of it as it is going to turn into a moral crisis over the dangers to an aged population v the collateral dangers / libertys of the under 50’s, particularly children.

Personally I think Kier Starmer has been excellent and a national unity government should be put in place til the next election.

We're in this horrendous situation precisely because 9f the politics of it. People like you put people like Johnson in charge for the last 10 years. Remember when Gove said we'd had enough of experts, and you clapped like a seal? Well look where the fuck that has got us, and yet still we are refusing to show solidarity with nations who have coped with this much better and just compounding our problems by going for a no deal Brexit.

It's fucking insane. Sometimes I wonder what it would take to permeate your skull, and I honestly think nothing can. When the country is in a disaster largely of the PMs making, suddenly you're not interested in politics. :lol:

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1