Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Probably just below 4. No where near 3.

Really? I didn't think you ever made it to 4 tbh, takeaways never even closed did they?

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Really? I didn't think you ever made it to 4 tbh, takeaways never even closed did they?

Ah I only read the risk assessment. 

We've not had a lockdown really. We've had a soft soft soft version of it. Basically a restriction of some things. Business is running this. Building sites are already open. The smaller stuff anyways. When places like Costa and KFC are opening anyways before this clueless idiot has a say it shows you everything. 

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Ah I only read the risk assessment. 

We've not had a lockdown really. We've had a soft soft soft version of it. Basically a restriction of some things. Business is running this. Building sites are already open. The smaller stuff anyways. When places like Costa and KFC are opening anyways before this clueless idiot has a say it shows you everything. 

Ahh, make sense how you landed at Level 4 there then!

We might be announcing a move to level 2 this week, these announcements operate on two week cycles so its either that or two more weeks of level 3. 

We've managed several days of no new cases in the last week or two though, and we've only had 21 deaths. That the UK has never been as harsh and is relaxing quicker than us is just...I'd love to say "shocking" or something along those lines but honestly the first word that came to mind as I typed that sentence was "typical".

• Like 2

Watching Jacinda Arderns press conference on our move to Level 2, shes worlds apart from Johnson in so many ways.

• Like 1

Got absolutely fuck all sleep. 

It's time I seriously looked at moving to NZ. Been asked loads to go there by mates who have businesses out there and work got them but don't really want to leave family here. But this butchering set of bastards are forcing it. 

• Like 2

>2000 fewer new cases of Covid 19 yesterday than there were on 1st May.... 2nd graph on this page...

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Am presuming this is the most important piece of data for relaxing the instructions. Looks to my uneducated eye that they’ve come down by a third in 10 days. Anyone know if we can expect this trend to continue if we were still following the basic “stay home save lives” instructions?  Is this the best indicator for how things pan out in the next 14-21 days? 

• Like 1

I was thinking and hoping the cunt would have at least said something along the lines of.  'Lockdown' is extended by two weeks.  Ater that time, we shall slowly ease out of XYZ.  Give clear information.  Rather than fist pumping jingoistic bollocks.  When Macron did the same, his was a 2h long talk.

This has give fuck all preparation to anyone.

40 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Isn't also a little late to be quarantining people coming into the UK on flights?

This is the thing, it's a tacit admission they were wrong not to do this 2 months ago. Next it'll be advice on face masks. We all know that face masks make complete sense in shops etc, but the government wouldn't recommend them because of availability issues. Why not just come clean and admit it? No, they much prefer to lie and hide behind some "guided by the science" bullshit.  

• Like 2