Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

not looking good for johnson - even daytime telly is turning on him 

Quick, best get this deleted from their camera roll

5de92785250000b948d2f4aa.jpeg?cache=GVd8

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That figure isn't the death rate for the virus. That's just the number of people in a certain age group that have died from it. It takes no account of the number of people that have caught it, which has been massively depressed by the lockdown because a huge number of the 40m have been removed from circulation. 

You are fucking lucky you can't die of stupidity or else we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

Never said it was.

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Lots of folk suggesting advice is now deliberately vague & contradictory on purpose to remove blame from Johnson & Cummings and on to the public in general in the event of a second spike in infections. They’re truly back to letting ordinary folk fry tbh. 

It's quite clearly this, just like whatever Brexit ends up being will be the Brexit people voted for, even if they didn't

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Professor Renton has just calculated that if we fully released lock down 80,000 people of working age would die this year. This is using some very conservative assumptions including the NHS not being overwhelmed, which seems unlikely. And also ignores the hundreds of thousands of deaths in pensioners. A price worth paying? Yes, in the world of CT. 

Even though I’ve continually argued in favour of radically protecting the pensioners :lol:

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Not at all, I’ve suggested everything is radically focussed on protecting the elderly and getting the country back to normal.

The infection rate went down CT literally because no one was allowed to go anywhere. What part of that don’t you understand?

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Lots of folk suggesting advice is now deliberately vague & contradictory on purpose to remove blame from Johnson & Cummings and on to the public in general in the event of a second spike in infections. They’re truly back to letting ordinary folk fry tbh. 

It’s absolutely the case that they can turn around and say it wasn’t their fault 

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Even though I’ve continually argued in favour of radically protecting the pensioners :lol:

How the fuck do you radically protect millions of pensioners? Even shielding the 1 5 million who are at very high risk is a logistical nightmare.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Your solution might as well be ‘by magic’ though

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The infection rate went down CT literally because no one was allowed to go anywhere. What part of that don’t you understand?

My last word on this.

Other than taking my approach of radically protecting the elderly and getting the rest of us back to work, HOW else does this end?

The virus is here and we have no vaccine. Do we stay locked down for a year, five, 10?

How many millions do we let lose their jobs, their homes, their education?

What happens when the government can’t sell any more debt to pay for everything?

We could hide away til the r rate is 0.3 but at some point when we all come out it will rapidly rise.

If not my plan, then WHAT plan.

0.0062% is not the number you apply to those that eventually get the virus btw, CT. I'm sure you understand this as you seem to be all over the maths. 

So you open up the country again and 20m get infected, the number you expect to die from that is many multiples of 0.0062%. 

But again, you'll know this because you won the maths prize. 

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

My last word on this.

Other than taking my approach of radically protecting the elderly and getting the rest of us back to work, HOW else does this end?

The virus is here and we have no vaccine. Do we stay locked down for a year, five, 10?

How many millions do we let lose their jobs, their homes, their education?

What happens when the government can’t sell any more debt to pay for everything?

We could hide away til the r rate is 0.3 but at some point when we all come out it will rapidly rise.

If not my plan, then WHAT plan.

We wait another month. Until infection rates are consistently in the low hundreds and not at  4000 a day as they are at the moment . As the rest of the UK seem to realise is correct. But they're not playing a blame game are they? 

19 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

If everyone goes back to work I won’t need to stay in the house, I’ll have customers :lol:

This is what the cunt cares about. 

Nowt else. 

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

CT is plumbing new depths here. What type of person uses a situation like this to fish for bites? Its fucking ugly and frankly bizarre behaviour. 

I think he just knows how wrong he was to back his beloved PM and Tory Party. He’s incapable (like the rest of them) of any public admission of culpability so he resorts to trying to wind up more intelligent people with a social conscience. Tbf, he’s a product of his own stupidity and environment 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, strawb said:

We can add risk assessment and the hierarchy of control to the list of things CT doesn’t understand, along with percentages

Viral load is like calorie content, it's only problematic if you choose to believe in it

• Like 1