Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Just before this kicked off my Father in law collapsed at work.  He is 70 and does 3 days, due to retire soon.  Loves his work and is still fit for his age.  Anyways, they did some tests and found out he was having some heart issues.  Palpitations and the like.  They put him on some meds an it was all fine.

Couple of weeks ago after a bike ride with my Mother in law, he was doing some work in the garden and again felt dizzy.  Next day, played some badminton in the garden and then did some more gardening and then collapsed.  Went to A&E and they kept him in for a couple of days as they were concerned about how high his HR was.  He is due a scan soon.  But managed to get it down with meds.

Since he's been released he's not been feeling great.  He's not been sleeping well and he said he felt short of breathe.  He went for a Covid test last week as he is a Key worker (He maintains switch gear in sub & power stations).  Come back today as positive.  He's almost 71.  He loves a good few pints, but he's a slim bloke as he's played sport or his life.  I am just hoping his fitness get's him through this.

CT,  I sometimes think the stick you get on here is harsh, but TBH.  You're absolutely thick as fucking pig shit.  Yes some people are shitting their pants.  But at the moment, I would say this fucking situation needs respect and control.  What that useless cunt did yesterday was drop a huge massive fucking shit grenade.  He clearly hasn't consulted anyone about what his plans are.  The National Parks will be fucking swamped at the weekend.  What about the MRT people who have to haul fat useless cunts like you off Scafell etc?  They don't really have much choice do they?

What these cunts have done is wash their hands of the situation.  It's an absolute disgrace.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If you remember when CT first began posting on here it was just after Keegan had left as manager 2nd time round and he basically just tried to wind everyone up when their emotions were raw. Sound familiar? Different level sad this shit however 

• Like 5

Parliament is to be encouraged to hold more in-person sessions to "set an example" so we can look forward to some more members of the government on ventilators. 

Oh and masks on public transport. Seems like that might have been worth mentioning last night, but you know.... 

• Jaysus... 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

wykiki, I hope your father in law is alright. Tell him to lay off the badminton - not cos he's ill though, cos it's shit. You can't trust shuttlecocks. 

:lol: Cheers man.  I tried playing it once with him, lasted 5 minutes :lol: 

36 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye it's for fit people, not my scene. He sounds like the classic wiry yorkshireman.

How you getting on with those board games anyway, you fucking dweeb? :lol:

Started one last night with me wife.  Lasted 20mins before she got angry at me beating her :lol:

He didnt stop playing county level Squash until he was 68.  He plays most racket sports and likes to cycle & run too.  So he is fit.  But he's a dirty Notts lad!

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/05/05/uk_coronavirus_app/?fbclid=IwAR2GZce1mi6zq3_Fx1fPNnxiblVZtPl8kh7Bq7VtKKzxeVG1o_lOC0MDaWw

so, the UK governments contact tracing app is likely to be illegal, a breach of human rights, does not comply to GDPR, has no right to deletion or subject access requests, oh.. and probably wont work either!

I think this is going to have a devastating impact on more people than know it. Nearly every industry is negatively affected but many are devastated. I can't see where the demand will be to drive recovery. I dont think we are getting a V shaped recession here, it will be an L. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Anyone watching this statement? 

Don't leave the house if you've got symptoms.... Wear a mask in public, especially if you've got symptoms... 

Brilliant. :lol: :jesuswept:

Consumer debt is being repaid to a remarkable extent too, which you'd think has to be structurally healthy in the long term, even if it's shit news for the businesses not getting that money coming in.