Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If he was a Yorkshire man he would be chuffed at saving a load of money not having to invite loads

:lol: I'd actually been thinking this might be the perfect time for me and the fella to finally tie the knot. "Sorry everyone, couldn't have anyone there except us and the witnesses, such a shame"

• Haha 4

Therese Coffey has wandered in from The Shire to announce that "If the science was wrong, then the advice at the time was wrong. I'm not surprised if people will then think we made a wrong decision."

It wasn't our faults sir, the big boffin boys made us do it. Fuck off Bilbo. 

• Like 1

It's pointless man, the brain dead are already lapping it up. It's the fault of the WHO, China, remainers, the left, the NHS, anyone except those actually in power.

I was reading the Mail earlier today and the comments are broadly "I'm sick of people criticising the government, these care homes were privately owned so the buck stops with the owners", and "send the young back to work, we need our pensions", and "where were these so called experts when the pandemic was unfolding?! hindsight is easy!!".

I now have very strong feelings about what should be done with these people, that I won't note down here.

• Haha 3

Looking at the Opinium poll from the weekend, I think there's been a fairly significant swing against the government handling tbf. My mam is a Mail reading Brexiter who won't watch the daily press conferences any more cos she says it's a load of lies, and direct quote "can't understand why anyone would think Johnson is doing a good job". 

I don't think it's the case that people are buying the bullshit. There'll always be some that are, and they'll populate the online comments sections and twitter. A lot of middle England will know this is a shitshow though, you've only got to look at the figures. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Therese Coffey has wandered in from The Shire to announce that "If the science was wrong, then the advice at the time was wrong. I'm not surprised if people will then think we made a wrong decision."

It wasn't our faults sir, the big boffin boys made us do it. Fuck off Bilbo. 

Brian Cox has been warning for some time that the next step is to blame the scientists. He wants complete transparency in political decision making, the same as it is in science. He's right but he can dream on. 

Anyway, I thought we had had enough of experts. Common sense is all you need. How the fuck they have the brass neck to blame experts now is fucking ridiculous. Like you I don't think the deflection will work this time in the end.

63,000 excess deaths so far, Nd still hundreds more every day. 

• Like 1

Fair play to Coffey though. When the arse fell out of the Mike Neville impersonation business, she could have been forgiven for ending it all. And yet here she is, in government, and working on a new career as a fat Michael Fabricant impersonator. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

His paternity leave is more important than roughly 3k a day still getting infected & 35k deaths apparently :unsure:

Is paternity leave an EU directive? 

Asking for a Tory pal. 

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Is paternity leave an EU directive? 

Asking for a Tory pal. 

It appears that it was originally EU legislation yes. I imagine post Brexit it will be up to employers whether it's kept or not. Either way, he's he's a self serving cunt. And so is Johnson. 

• Like 2