Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

You’ve got to love how having concerns about your health, the health of the children you teach, the health of your family, their families and wider society is ‘callous’. 

• Thanks 1

Fuck me, the Mail are a bunch of snowflakes, aren't they? Not to mention hypocrites. Imagine the outraged thinkpieces they'd be writing if a nursery or a hipster café banned words like "mucky" to describe kids because it might hurt their feelings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I did have to have a wry, spiteful chuckle at a teacher I know booting off (rightfully) about the safety concerns about going back to work where 4 weeks ago, she seemed perfectly content in thinking that a clap on the doorstep was enough to Get rid of my concerns about having to go to work with even worse conditions.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Like 5

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52723101

Anyone spot the tiny little contradiction here? :lol:

The boss of the UK's national tourism agency has thrown her weight behind setting up so-called air bridges with countries with low coronavirus rates.

Visit Britain chief executive Patricia Yates told MPs it was an "interesting" idea and indicated the US could be open to agreeing a deal.

• Haha 3
  • Jaysus... 1

22 hours ago, Sonatine said:

The thing with stupid people is, they are so stupid they don't know that they're stupid.

I do actually :banana: 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

How many of the parents on there are 'I'm not sending my kids back to school?'

'ere Chardonnay, go to the ice cream man and get your dad a 99'

Mate of mine posted a pic to his FB of Cullercoats beach- not quite as packed but still…

I look at it as Darwinism in action, thinning out the herd. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Mate of mine posted a pic to his FB of Cullercoats beach- not quite as packed but still…

I look at it as Darwinism in action, thinning out the herd. ;)

I drove back home along the coast, it was packed. All the fish and chip shops have opened, queues everywhere. Traffic jam.  Busier than it'd normally be I'd say, all these lazy fuckers on furlough enjoying the sun. I don't see the point in furlough if this happens anyway tbh. It should be a condition you stay at home. <_< 

Car parks are open but the public toilets are closed, and no cafes etc. Only way to have a piss is to brave a swim in the sea. Dirty fuckers. :mad: 

• Jaysus... 1

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Isn't there still several 1000 nationally? Does sound vwry odd. 

Yes but you expect it to roam via clusters - but if it has burned out somewhere that could be a ray of hope. 

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

Yes but you expect it to roam via clusters - but if it has burned out somewhere that could be a ray of hope. 

Yeah, agreed.  Too much contradictory information at the moment to make sense of it. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Isn't there still several 1000 nationally? Does sound vwry odd. 

2500 infected yesterday. Spain,Italy & France in the low hundreds. It was 4K when Johnson made his speech a week past Sunday. 

Is the incredibly low number for London due to a lack of testing?