Jump to content
Anorthernsoul

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

He's not officially even on paternity leave is he? He's going to take the full allowance for that later in the year. He's a complete piss taking cunt. 

By the end of June, apparently. 
 

And aye, he is :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

 

:lol: I'd actually been thinking this might be the perfect time for me and the fella to finally tie the knot. "Sorry everyone, couldn't have anyone there except us and the witnesses, such a shame"

Still need a first dance, though. 

:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Still need a first dance, though. 

:lol:

 

 

I was thinking of something a little more understated.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Negates the whole point of doing it on the cheap, but on the other hand, monster costumes. Tough call.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

 

 

Michael J Fox can play this dopey cunt when they make the film.

 

 

 

I wish the government would stop saying they are following the science.  Scientists have to publish their papers, open them up to be scrutinised by other scientists.  I believe Sage are being paid by the government, so how can they claim to be independent?  It's an absolute shambles.

 

Herd immunity was clearly a mistake, it was based on China's death rate being so low.  Sage incorrectly assumed if the NHS didn't exceed its capacity, then the death rate would be low (flatten the curve).   The NHS never got overrun and the nightingale hosptials were barely used.  The plan was executed very well.  Its just the plan was based on the flawed low Chinese death toll data.  Checking the data is fit-for-purpose is 100% on the UK government.

 

In early March, the UK government did not role out a nationwide testing program because the testing kits were shoddy, 1 in 5 were accurate, therefore we sensibly advised anyone with symptoms to self isolate.  Why was our inability to test accurately not factored into the Chinese data?

 

America pulled China and WHO up on the ridiculously low death toll reporting, and China responded by increasing it's death toll numbers.  Think about it.  If a test came back negative, China excluded it from their death toll.  And we based our entire plan on their numbers.  The crazy thing is, we did the exact same thing with our death toll numbers!  So why was this not factored into the Chinese numbers??  At the very least Sage should have asked China for it's death toll (regardless of cause) and its average death toll for Feb/March, this would give a much better baseline for the death toll.  The plan was only changed when Italy's death toll came in.

 

Currently we are basing our plan on the R value.  I do wonder, if we are making similar flawed assumptions.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Phil said:

 

In early March, the UK government did not role out a nationwide testing program because the testing kits were shoddy, 1 in 5 were accurate, therefore we sensibly advised anyone with symptoms to self isolate.  

You got a link for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Phil said:

 

I wish the government would stop saying they are following the science.  Scientists have to publish their papers, open them up to be scrutinised by other scientists.  I believe Sage are being paid by the government, so how can they claim to be independent?  It's an absolute shambles.

 

Herd immunity was clearly a mistake, it was based on China's death rate being so low.  Sage incorrectly assumed if the NHS didn't exceed its capacity, then the death rate would be low (flatten the curve).   The NHS never got overrun and the nightingale hosptials were barely used.  The plan was executed very well.  Its just the plan was based on the flawed low Chinese death toll data.  Checking the data is fit-for-purpose is 100% on the UK government.

 

In early March, the UK government did not role out a nationwide testing program because the testing kits were shoddy, 1 in 5 were accurate, therefore we sensibly advised anyone with symptoms to self isolate.  Why was our inability to test accurately not factored into the Chinese data?

 

America pulled China and WHO up on the ridiculously low death toll reporting, and China responded by increasing it's death toll numbers.  Think about it.  If a test came back negative, China excluded it from their death toll.  And we based our entire plan on their numbers.  The crazy thing is, we did the exact same thing with our death toll numbers!  So why was this not factored into the Chinese numbers??  At the very least Sage should have asked China for it's death toll (regardless of cause) and its average death toll for Feb/March, this would give a much better baseline for the death toll.  The plan was only changed when Italy's death toll came in.

 

Currently we are basing our plan on the R value.  I do wonder, if we are making similar flawed assumptions.

 

 

I think you’ll find all the above is Labour’s fault (and the people who voted for them) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rayvin said:

It's pointless man, the brain dead are already lapping it up. It's the fault of the WHO, China, remainers, the left, the NHS, anyone except those actually in power.

 

I was reading the Mail earlier today and the comments are broadly "I'm sick of people criticising the government, these care homes were privately owned so the buck stops with the owners", and "send the young back to work, we need our pensions", and "where were these so called experts when the pandemic was unfolding?! hindsight is easy!!".

 

I now have very strong feelings about what should be done with these people, that I won't note down here.

 

 

Most of the mail comments aren’t even from real accounts. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ewerk said:

You got a link for that?

 

Matt Hancock has regularly said in the daily briefing. "No test is better than a bad test"

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/why-a-bad-test-really-is-worse-than-no-test-9pdvsxmrd

 

I think he was referring to the antibody test s we bought that were 5 to 1.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/world/europe/coronavirus-antibody-test-uk.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with testing is that instead of using the offers coming in from university, research and local labs to help out under the control of PHE the tories outsourced them to a private company with one their fucking mates on the board and then didn't even insist that the results would be returned to the NHS as the private company want to sell the health data to america. 

 

Every question has the same answer - "because they're cunts". 

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

The thing with stupid people is, they are so stupid they don't know that they're stupid.

Reminds me of that George Carlin line,

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gemmill said:

 

On the plus side, a bunch of these will end up dead. 

 

 

fucking hell :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alex said:

 

 

:lol: Thing is, I think it's human nature to think like that to an extent, and that's okay. I went to the local park to sit and read at lunchtime, and I was a bit pissed off at first by how many other people were there.

 

But then you catch yourself and realise that obviously you're no different to them. And besides, you didn't drive 90 minutes to get there. And you aren't complaining about it on camera.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sonatine said:

The thing with stupid people is, they are so stupid they don't know that they're stupid.

Half of everyone is under average intelligence or something, I’m not good a percentages 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

the wedding dance floor will be a sight - everyone in face masks doing the two metre shuffle 

B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 degrees today apparently. Trip to the coast to see Renton? Get there early, it's gonna be rammed. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like contact trace app won’t be ready until June at the earliest. But the campaign to send the kids back to school continues, the Mail going after the “callous teachers union” 

 

7245DFFD-E24B-42D3-B3E0-35D111EC4848.jpeg

  • Jaysus... 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

23 degrees today apparently. Trip to the coast to see Renton? Get there early, it's gonna be rammed. 

28 down here. I could do with a more gentle sea breeze. See you at Renton’s this afternoon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

23 degrees today apparently. Trip to the coast to see Renton? Get there early, it's gonna be rammed. 

 

Its alright, I'm stuck in an office at work you massive twat. ^_^

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gemmill said:

 

On the plus side, a bunch of these will end up dead. 

 

 

Still can’t get over the language in this. “Beaches have reopened AFTER coronavirus”

Its all over, dude. Let’s have a coronavirus carnival 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Looks like contact trace app won’t be ready until June at the earliest. But the campaign to send the kids back to school continues, the Mail going after the “callous teachers union” 

 

7245DFFD-E24B-42D3-B3E0-35D111EC4848.jpeg

Every single cunting one of the cabinet send their kids to private schools, none of which are opening before september - why don't they just ask all of them whether they'd send their kids back in June?

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×