Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

9 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

The only possible reason I can think of for going to McDonald’s is that you usually get served quickly

Outstanding investigative thread and report from newsnight on the care home crisis and how failure by the government mean old people were more likely to survive if they could afford an expensive, better resourced home.

Edited by Dr Gloom

More outrageous things the government has achieved through ideologically driven incompetence, which the public will fail to hold them to account for due to political partisanship and emotional immaturity.

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Robbie Savage asking a question at the Coronavirus press conference. Reading it out like a 6 year old. Just fuck off lads. 

Next up: Jamie Carragher to probe Sunak on outlook for jobs and the economy 

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That cunt definitely has some dirt on someone very important, because there’s no other explanation to how he’s robbed a living since retiring from his hacking career. 

aye. got to dance with ola jordon for 8 hours every day for a couple of months too.

there's no fucking justice in the world whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

aye. got to dance with ola jordon for 8 hours every day for a couple of months too.

there's no fucking justice in the world whatsoever.

That makes me think maybe he hasn’t got dirt, because if he had, he’d clearly have ended up paired with the filthy looking red-haired one, with the tiddies. 
strictly-come-dancing-professional-diann

7 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That makes me think maybe he hasn’t got dirt, because if he had, he’d clearly have ended up paired with the filthy looking red-haired one, with the tiddies. 

Don't judge everyone by your own standards B)

14 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Starmer has achieved more in a few weeks than Corbyn managed in 5 years 

Tbf I’ve achieved more during lockdown than Corbyn did in the last five years. Shame it’s so early in this government’s term though. 

13 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

She makes my genitals feel itchy. 

• Haha 1

So can anyone figure out why we are introducing quarantine measures at this point, when other countries are beginning to unlock and we have one of the highest incidence rates of covid in the world? It makes no sense at all, its almost like the government are a bunch of cretins making it up as they go along.

And look at this. If Johnson hadn't faffed around and introduced lock down just 1 week earlier, our death rate would have been comparable to Germany's and our economy would have been much better off too. Rank incompetence, and it was called out at the time, so not requiring the benefit of hindsight. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/20/earlier-lockdown-could-have-prevented-three-quarters-uk-coronavirus/

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

Has anybody been watching their pensions throughout this? My Dad, who is a couple of years off retirement mentioned he'd had about 6k wiped off the value of his. As I mentioned earlier I've had some success with a fund that I chose when I was playing about with an old pension, moving half to the Aviva Black Rock and Gold fund and it's performed very well. But it is a 7/7 risk profile fund. Should I think about locking in those profits and moving back to a fund that invests in blue chips or is it too early? So-called accountant's advice welcome.

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

So can anyone figure out why we are introducing quarantine measures at this point, when other countries are beginning to unlock and we have one of the highest incidence rates of covid in the world? It makes no sense at all, its almost like the government are a bunch of cretins making it up as they go along.

And look at this. If Johnson hadn't faffed around and introduced lock down just 1 week earlier, our death rate would have been comparable to Germany's and our economy would have been much better off too. Rank incompetence, and it was called out at the time, so not requiring the benefit of hindsight. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/20/earlier-lockdown-could-have-prevented-three-quarters-uk-coronavirus/

It was that fortnight really when there was talk of it and the PL stopped and businesses were making the call (as we did) when the buffoon was blustering about the inalienable right of an Englishman to go the pub. 

Maybe they had advice that the public would resist which turned out to be bollocks but its still the key decision in this. 

Along with the end of contact tracing and the care home thing obviously. 

51 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Has anybody been watching their pensions throughout this? My Dad, who is a couple of years off retirement mentioned he'd had about 6k wiped off the value of his. As I mentioned earlier I've had some success with a fund that I chose when I was playing about with an old pension, moving half to the Aviva Black Rock and Gold fund and it's performed very well. But it is a 7/7 risk profile fund. Should I think about locking in those profits and moving back to a fund that invests in blue chips or is it too early? So-called accountant's advice welcome.

From the minute it all went tits up you should have left everything where it is. Fast forward to your actual retirement date and what is happening now is going to be irrelevant. You can't beat the market, just leave it where it is and it'll recover in time.

Obviously your dad is closer to retirement but he should do the same, ie do nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see the founder of the clap for the careers has called for it to finish.

Not before time.

An estate in my town began it by going out and clapping, then it was fireworks, then it was having a few drinks with the neighbours. Last week they had a drag act putting on a show and last night culminated in the entire estate doing rock the boat together. At least 150 people on the road up against one another.

The stupidity of it angers me.