Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

14 hours ago, Gemmill said:

They're letting off fireworks for the 8 o clock clap thing now ffs. In broad daylight. Honestly I hope someone takes a rocket to the eye and then gets the covid in A&E. 

Been doing that round our way since the start of it. But the bellends round here don't seem to need an excuse to set off a firework.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Been doing that round our way since the start of it. But the bellends round here don't seem to need an excuse to set off a firework.

When did you move to Forest Hall? 

• Haha 3

8 to 9k new infections per day was the figure quoted/confirmed at yesterday's press conference (not 10k) which seems awfully high to be relaxing restrictions. Having said that, I drove past the town moor yesterday as the press conference was taking place and there were groups, mostly kids, 10 and 20 to a group. The lockdown is over now anyway, people have given up, and are doing whatever they want. The government has completely lost control of the situation.  

Barring some miracle we're probably a month away from carnage.

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

8 to 9k new infections per day was the figure quoted/confirmed at yesterday's press conference (not 10k) which seems awfully high to be relaxing restrictions. Having said that, I drove past the town moor yesterday as the press conference was taking place and there were groups, mostly kids, 10 and 20 to a group. The lockdown is over now anyway, people have given up, and are doing whatever they want. The government has completely lost control of the situation.  

Barring some miracle we're probably a month away from carnage.

Pubs are still shut, sporting events are not happening, most people are social distancing in shops. It won't be carnage, it will be a gradual worsening of the situation imo, but not reaching the heights of mid April. Still depressing. And I don't see going back to a stricter lock down is remotely feasible, plus you furloughers are going back to work. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

Pubs are still shut, sporting events are not happening, most people are social distancing in shops. It won't be carnage, it will be a gradual worsening of the situation imo, but not reaching the heights of mid April. Still depressing. And I don't see going back to a stricter lock down is remotely feasible, plus you furloughers are going back to work. 

Which they’ll probably see as justification for doing it. All they seem to be arsed about, by they I mean the politicians because the Whitty and co seem genuinely concerned is, the death rate falling and the nhs being seen to be able to cope. The fact hundreds are still dying everyday is almost an afterthought 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Not a chance people are social distancing in shops. It’s a free-for-all

I agree with that.

The government will use " local lock down" to gloss over the next wave. They will basically live with 200 people dying everyday so long as the economy gets back to as close to normal as possible.

We can't stay in lock down forever, I understand that. So now I have no idea how we can get out of this message, it's totally depressing and very sad.

37 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Not a chance people are social distancing in shops. It’s a free-for-all

I only go to the Aldi at Northumberland Park when it’s quiet. Week nights about 8-ish. My lass goes in the nhs only sessions to one of the other supermarkets now and again. For the exact reasons you mention. If it’s not a quiet time people just do what the fuck they want. I think you’re Gateshead based but the sainsburys at Heaton is massive and very strict on the amount of people they let in. 

40 minutes ago, Alex said:

I only go to the Aldi at Northumberland Park when it’s quiet. Week nights about 8-ish. My lass goes in the nhs only sessions to one of the other supermarkets now and again. For the exact reasons you mention. If it’s not a quiet time people just do what the fuck they want. I think you’re Gateshead based but the sainsburys at Heaton is massive and very strict on the amount of people they let in. 

Aye, I’m in Gateshead. I’ve taken to going to the local Tesco Express at about half 9 at night now. Barely anybody in and there’s always someone on the door monitoring the levels anyway. Plus, you get all the reduced scran and you end up with a freezer full of meat

Aye, it seems to be very variable. The shops I use are spot on, even little local ones. I tend to go at very quiet times though. 6 to 7am is NHS hour at Morrisons. 

I only just noticed that Aldi at Northumberland park the other day. I'm quite glad there are shitloads of supermarkets around nowadays tbh.

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/29/durham-police-facing-possible-inquiry-into-handling-of-cummings-case

Someone else getting in trouble for Cummings' trip. Must be nice to be untouchable. 

I mean, what the fuck? No enquiry into Cummings. An enquiry into Durham police forces handling of the Mekon headed cunt's dalliance. This country is going down in flames holding hands with the USA and Brazil. 

• Like 1

Seems increasingly obvious the politics have taken over the science now. SAGE is being "listened to", rather than government being "led" by it. I was on the beach earlier again today, it's just fucking ridiculous. If this virus can survive a couple of minutes outside, we're fucked like. Lets hope its like the irish and explodes into blisters in contact with sunlight. 

9 hours ago, Renton said:

Seems increasingly obvious the politics have taken over the science now. SAGE is being "listened to", rather than government being "led" by it. I was on the beach earlier again today, it's just fucking ridiculous. If this virus can survive a couple of minutes outside, we're fucked like. Lets hope its like the irish and explodes into blisters in contact with sunlight. 

Christ, you’re on that beach more than Mitch Buchannon

• Haha 3