Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

If they had nowt to hide, why the cover-up at the start? And why the underreporting of their case numbers? Almost as if they downplayed the severity because they didn't want others to be prepared for how bad they knew it was.

I think that was just China being China, i.e. not wanting to let anyone know what is happening on the home front which is potentially embarrassing.  Much like the Orange one, they don't like being shown up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

I think that was just China being China, i.e. not wanting to let anyone know what is happening on the home front which is potentially embarrassing.  Much like the Orange one, they don't like being shown up.

Well that doesn't really marry up with Renton's water off a duck's back suggestion. They've been through this shit before and should know that denial and cover-up wasn't a solution. They denied and covered up and then after they were sure it'd spread quickly got on top of it. Funny, that. 

Probably just making sure it wasn't the same damp salt and pepper squid that Sars was.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

Nearly all countries have a tendemcy to downplay issues like this. Remember mad cow disease here? Maybe you're too young. As for the doctor who died, hundreds of relatively young health workers have died. He would have been exposed to huge volumes of virions, its not surprising. He died of a respiratory disease. Again though, why release it in China in the first place? 

The countries that have suffered worse from covid weren't targeted. They are all led by right wing populist fuck nuts who don't understand science and are frankly incompetent and borderline insne.You want to blame someone, look closer to home. 

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That’s what you want me to believe. 

Coffee isn’t real. 

Neither are giraffes. 

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

No, no no giraffes are real, they're 6 meters tall, have massive long necks and eat from high trees and fight each other by banging..'em... eachothers necks..and when Tarzan yells his call, they all run around like drunk lasses in the bigg market.

Also giraffes are yellow, with 'em...brown spots :unsure:

Of course giraffes are real...I'm sure of it :wacko:

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Nearly all countries have a tendemcy to downplay issues like this. Remember mad cow disease here? Maybe you're too young. As for the doctor who died, hundreds of relatively young health workers have died. He would have been exposed to huge volumes of virions, its not surprising. He died of a respiratory disease. Again though, why release it in China in the first place? 

The countries that have suffered worse from covid weren't targeted. They are all led by right wing populist fuck nuts who don't understand science and are frankly incompetent and borderline insne.You want to blame someone, look closer to home. 

Why waste time with denial given how long in the tooth you say they are with corona outbreaks and how quickly they can eradicate one?

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

7 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

If they had nowt to hide, why the cover-up at the start? And why the underreporting of their case numbers? Almost as if they downplayed the severity because they didn't want others to be prepared for how bad they knew it was.

China isnt exactly well known for being an open and free society that shares everything with the west. And it wouldn’t have been easy to identify a new strain of an infectious disease in the early days. I’m open to the possibility of conspiracies but I haven’t seen any evidence this is a man made disease

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Get yourself over to http://cluesforum.info/ Quiff. 

You and Wolfy can tell each other how right you both are. 

:lol: Obviously I haven’t wasted time and gone into the details but it would appear it’s not just 9/11, the moon landings and JFK shit but also the first and second world wars that aren’t real 

7 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

WHO initially downplayed human to human infection too. Curious.

So are you saying there’s evidence the WHO knew about human to human infection but decided to cover it up? 

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

China isnt exactly well known for being an open and free society that shares everything with the west. And it wouldn’t have been easy to identify a new strain of an infectious disease in the early days. I’m open to the possibility of conspiracies but I haven’t seen any evidence this is a man made disease

All the more reason to be suspicious then ;)

There is no evidence to suggest the virus is man-made. It’s the sort of online conspiracy you’d expect from Parky, Wolfy and other nutters who pass the time howling at the moon

I suspect this is just the beginning - the first of many new pandemics. We’re fortunate, in a way, this time that it was Covid and not something much more unpleasant, such as Ebola, but the more we destroy biodiversity, the more likely it is that infectious diseases new to humans will spill over from animals, in search of new hosts.

This is an illuminating read from a few months back 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/environment/2020/mar/18/tip-of-the-iceberg-is-our-destruction-of-nature-responsible-for-covid-19-aoe

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tdansmith said:

No, no no giraffes are real, they're 6 meters tall, have massive long necks and eat from high trees and fight each other by banging..'em... eachothers necks..and when Tarzan yells his call, they all run around like drunk lasses in the bigg market.

Also giraffes are yellow, with 'em...brown spots :unsure:

Of course giraffes are real...I'm sure of it :wacko:

Are you not thinking of Peter Crouch?

• Haha 1