Anorthernsoul

Coronavirus

£100 billion. :lol:

Anyone who genuinely believes we're going to spend practically the same as the entire NHS budget on this wants firing at the moon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

Which of their mates will own the testing company? 

Also, hello @canofbeans, where you been hiding? 

Still in ptsdville (surrey). The last few years have been spent avoiding watching football, as it really did annoy me, after a knee issue, though I've been keeping up with the fact we now have a side designed to take 13th place in the league. I'm now road cycling as my only means of exercise. Currently spend my time baiting tory mp's on twitter....

Life is good, hope you are all well.

• Like 3

R number above 1 as over 3500 new infections today.

New lockdown measures for Birmingham. 

I'm getting worried again, at least i don't have to worry about being made redundant :icon_lol:

Wasn’t R >1 the criteria for National lockdown a few months/ fucking decades ago in May? 

What’s changed? 

( unless I’m wrong, which is very likely) :lol:

I got an email from my daughter’s school today saying a pupil had been tested positive for C19, but it’s ok for her go to school on Monday because the kid wasn’t in her “bubble”.…

… which is fucking hilarious considering the amount fannys losing their shit and keyboard warrioring when she came back from her cancelled ski trip. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I’m in York tonight. Every pub and restaurant is packed with zero social distancing or mask wearing. I give it 4 weeks before we are back to square one 

Sounds like a shambles 

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol: you in any of them? Or just looking through the windows?

It’s come to something on here when a lad can’t go to York and pick up a delivery of used knickers without getting the piss taken mercilessly. 

• Haha 7

32 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s come to something on here when a lad can’t go to York and pick up a delivery of used knickers without getting the piss taken mercilessly. 

Im actually here to collect this :lol:

A2DE96BB-68A0-47A9-9E21-6EE92B374E13.thumb.png.b0e34acb4e74f8023dae35e84035f23f.png

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Wonder what he's using as his face covering :whistle:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Chinese virologist who fled to US vows to PROVE coronavirus is manmade

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/gdRiHU

Sent via @updayUK

Why would she have any more of an insight into this than other scientists? It's not like she's claiming to have escaped the lab with this information, she's claiming she can identify it from the genome sequence. If thats true, why has every other scientist in the world missed it?

If she gets her work past peer review I'll treat it seriously. The idea that she's intending to release the information so that laymen can understand it is concerning  - means she can just create a narrative that vaguely looks like it fits, release it to the public and it'll be swallowed whole without any scrutiny.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 3