Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

52 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I've had the same issue trying to track down a thermometer around here, and all the available ones on Amazon (which aren't many) are either super-expensive or they're shipped from the Far East with estimated delivery in the second half of April. :lol:

I found this on eBay which is at least UK-based and claims it'll be delivered within the week, but at the price obviously it might be cheap tat and not actually do the job properly. Maybe worth a pop for a fiver though, assuming you haven't succumbed to the plague by then (by which I mean "hope it's nowt, get well soon" :flowers: )

Not quite sure why we don't already own a thermometer when we've got more obscure things like blood pressure monitors in the house, but there we are...

Try Screwfix :)

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hayes-uk-st9204-digital-stem-thermometer/5478k

47 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's 2020 ffs. What is Caprice doing on telly full stop, never mind to offer her fucking opinion about a global pandemic. Vine should be fucking ashamed of himself for having to do that show. 

Aye, but it says in the paper that Korea is fixed now, so stuck your Doctors and scientists up your arse 

38 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

This is how I remember caprice. Stop spoiling it 

A0340FDF-0B7B-46B9-AD82-03CA041AC3E4.jpeg

57F36153-A366-41AC-98B2-E9A5D9C3F9C4.jpeg

340E736C-CFEA-4873-9047-595AF6D8C3D3.jpeg

C1206403-D6A0-4C85-A97B-3E5B28A7105B.jpeg

plastic polly even back in the 90s... I think any combination of the members of All Saints would’ve been prefereable at the time :cuppa:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye, but it says in the paper that Korea is fixed now, so stuck your Doctors and scientists up your arse 

No country is fixed. But China, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong,.and Singapore have it under firm control. It gives them options. I'm not sure what their next step will be, but they can plan for it.

We've deliberately let this go out of control. We've severely limited our options. Almost the only country in the world to adopt this strategy, to strong criticism from the WHO and many of our own scientists. It's a huge gamble, we'll see if it pays off.

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

plastic polly even back in the 90s... I think any combination of the members of All Saints would’ve been prefereable at the time :cuppa:

Does “any combination” include “all”? :naughty:

Just now, PaddockLad said:

That would’ve been my preference :D

Theres a really funny episode of Seinfeld where he is offered a threesome. When the reality of it sinks in, he craps himself. 

47 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You can have Shaznay while I work on melting Plastic Polly. 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Renton said:

No country is fixed. But China, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong,.and Singapore have it under firm control. It gives them options. I'm not sure what their next step will be, but they can plan for it.

We've deliberately let this go out of control. We've severely limited our options. Almost the only country in the world to adopt this strategy, to strong criticism from the WHO and many of our own scientists. It's a huge gamble, we'll see if it pays off.

The Americans are in a worse state than us. It's gonna go fucking radge over there in the next few weeks. 

25 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The Americans are in a worse state than us. It's gonna go fucking radge over there in the next few weeks. 

Aye. The similarities between us and the yanks are obvious, right down to the stupid barnets of our leaders. 

9 minutes ago, NJS said:

Just come back from the dentists, had to affirm on lack of any travel and lack of fever/cough almost before they let me through the door.

You can understand their point. But what about barbers and hairdressers etc? Was talking to the cashier at our hospital coffee shop, basically he said he's fucked the amount of cash he touches. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

You can understand their point. But what about barbers and hairdressers etc? Was talking to the cashier at our hospital coffee shop, basically he said he's fucked the amount of cash he touches. 

I'm dirty cash, the one that you asked for
I'm wanted by the rich and the poor
More and more, you just can't reject it
You're the junkie and I inject it
Into your blood stream, it's like a bad dream
Money's the theme, do you know what I mean

Did you just rap that back at him? Cos you missed a trick of you didn't. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, definitely no problem with it.

Cash thing encourages contactless - I know that's unfair on the poor generally though.

Also got an email from a head cheese at work saying there's a change freeze until remote working is "stable" - implying the whole place is going that way pretty soon.

5 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

The theory..... 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nl6tTwxzCi8

There's a few issues with that though isn't there? I think the author needs to understand what exponential growth is for starters. Second, he needs to understand what's happened to Italy, because that's where we are headed. Also no consideration that by stopping this now, we give ourselves breathing space for drug and vaccine development, and get into summer. And why can't we have repeat quarantine phases?

I mean it's a nice theory, but we actually aren't in control here any more.