Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

The Governor of New Jersey has established a curfew of 8pm until 5am, and told all non-essential business (so gyms, cinemas, race courses etc) to close including bars, restaurants can remain open but only for take out and delivery. My work shut all offices as of tomorrow. 
The oddest rule is the supermarket near me is only allowing you to shop there on even days if your surname begins with A through M, and odd days if it’s N through Z, unless you’re over 55 in which case you can go any day and the first two hours of the day are for over 55s only. 

Meanwhile Trump said don’t gather in groups of 10 or more :lol: 

• Jaysus... 1

If I was any of you with underlying health issues, I would go on the sick with stress depending on your contract.

Its legitimate because of the situation and almost impossible to prove against you.

I am back at the Christie on Friday for an check up, I was expecting a call not to bother but haven’t had one. I’m a little worried about my immune system after 9 months of chemo but it was a good while ago so should be ok.

7 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

giphy.gif

They bailed the banks out quicker than you could say “fancy a sub Tarquin?” but apparently won’t lift a finger to save tens of thousands ordinary businesses about to go to the wall. The only surprise is that it’s a new way to fuck ordinary people over..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Renton said:

This.

Don't go to pubs but dont close pubs ffs. I mean its fucking ridiculous.

By the way, even by this governments standards this u turn is ridiculous. Not so much a u turn, the government is doing doughnuts. Hope  this makes sense to J69. 

You can’t help yourself can you?

The goalposts have shifted over the last week, and yes it looks pretty grave. Stop with the petty digs though please. We are all as miserable as each other at the minute.

I also have asthma but am I fuck taking 3 months off work. I rarely need to use an inhaler and I’m otherwise fit and well. The whole economy is going to collapse if we aren’t careful.

I suspect the government will have no choice but to introduce some sort of universal welfare/mortgage breaks in the coming days. They don’t have a choice really. Also gives them a good excuse to bring back austerity for 50years once this horror show has ended. 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The goalposts have shifted over the last week, and yes it looks pretty grave. Stop with the petty digs though please. 

I also have asthma but am I fuck taking 3 months off work. I rarely need to use an inhaler and I’m otherwise fit and well. The whole economy is going to collapse if we aren’t careful 

How have the goal posts shifted though? What's known now that wasn't just a few days ago? I just think the confidence you have put in the government is a bit misplaced and have called you out on it. Maybe I shouldn't panic but you trivialising this, like Johnson did, isn't helpful either. Calling me a fanny iirc. 

Sounds like we're in the same boat with reference to asthma. Problem is, what do you do? Follow government advice or ignore it? My asthma might be dormant but I'm still concerned this could flare when exposed to this. If that happens, I use precious medical resources. I'm not going to be blase about it. It looks like I need to work from home for the next 3 months ffs! I'll go mad.

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Where have you got 3 month from? 

People who are elligible for the flu jab are supposed to self isolate for 12 weeks, includes people with asthma, all over 70s, and pregnant women. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Maybe I shouldn't panic but you trivialising this, like Johnson did, isn't helpful either. 

In a nutshell ;) Can we put it to bed now?

If you can work from home then it makes sense to. My worry is there are 5.4mil people in the UK with Asthma. If they all stop going to work for 3 months the country is going to end up like a scene from mad max!

What do we class as non essential jobs?

Bog roll makers? People who work in pharmaceutical factories? People who make baby food and nappies?Mechanics fixing emergency vehicles? BT technicians who keep the phone lines going? Maintenance men checking fire alarms in tower blocks?

I may be overstating the point, but if 10-20% of the workforce either gets made redundant or stops going to work the ripples are going to be enormous 

29 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The goalposts have shifted over the last week, and yes it looks pretty grave. Stop with the petty digs though please. We are all as miserable as each other at the minute.

I also have asthma but am I fuck taking 3 months off work. I rarely need to use an inhaler and I’m otherwise fit and well. The whole economy is going to collapse if we aren’t careful.

I suspect the government will have no choice but to introduce some sort of universal welfare/mortgage breaks in the coming days. They don’t have a choice really. Also gives them a good excuse to bring back austerity for 50years once this horror show has ended. 

I expect you get a flu jab primarily because you’re a front line A & E nurse?... deputy CMO judt said all asthmatics who get a jab are to socially isolate. 

If you’re needing a bang on something a bit pokey hit me up I got good shit man B)

1B198FCC-6405-4804-8926-4804E1CE9EC4.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Economic rescue package to be announced tonight apparently 

I look forward to my means-tested £15 per fortnight, paid after a three month wait due to the corona virus outbreak. 
:lol:

• Haha 1

UK has more deaths at this stage of the outbreak than any other country other than Spain. That’s what happens when you do absolutely nothing to contain it 

582C790F-E3E5-44B6-BFF4-A432D633F0D7.jpeg

This is doing my head in. The eldest has just started working in a pharmacy, the youngest is still going to school, the wife can't work and I can't work from home and my job isn't essential and I'm due back in tonight. But we should 'avoid' stuff? 'If we can?'

No surprises the UK is looking to be at the top of the charts for worst outcomes for where we're at on the timescale.

• Like 2

As an otherwise healthy person I'd take a dose of it just to be done with it at this stage. Have genuinely considered whether I had it back in Feb when I was completely poleaxed by some flu type thing having had the flu vaccine in December. Fever, dry cough, etc. Not out of the question when the Chinese are now saying first cases there were in November. 

Anyway all the best to those of you with underlying conditions. Fucking dreadful position to be put in with work for some of you by the sound of it. 

Let's see what the govt is going to do but in a sensible world, individual loans to small businesses stuck on the govt balance sheet and enforced mortgage holidays for anyone that needs them would be a good start - the taxpayer bailed out the banks, now its their turn to repay the favour. I won't hold my breath though... 

• Like 2

Watched a webcast from our CEO a little earlier and he confirmed everybody who can must work from home from now. His tone suggests they fully expect it to last a few months.

I'd already cleared that with my line manager anyway using asthma as an excuse - I'm sort of relaxed about that as Renton is and it is really mild but I'll confess to shitting it to a degree.

Also just popped to the co-op at the top of my street where I do my daily shopping and they've introduced 4 of any individual item max rationing.

Working from home is shit. Nothing works. I cant get onto the servers. Outlook isnt working. Cant download attachments from emails. And it is so quiet here, its like a morgue. Massive contrast in Tynemouth from the weekend just 2 days ago. And there wont be anything else on the news for months. 

Booked a meal out with the wife on Thursday as an early mothers day treat, i guess thats cancelled. Cinemas are closing down now. All the kids clubs have been cancelled. Probably my lake Garda holiday, maybe even my annual lake district family meet up, cancelled. This is going to be so shit, isnt it?