Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

The modelling behind this. Sorry, its absolutely terrifying.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/3-charts-that-changed-coronavirus-policy-in-the-uk-and-us/

Edit: I guess, being optimistic, ;) , what the modelling doesn't really take into account is the development of new antibody tests, antiviral drugs, and manufacturing more respirators. At least I hope it doesn't. I'm less optimistic about vaccines because of the time scale. I dont think we can survive as a society with 12 months lock down. 

Edited by Renton

Aussie PM 

“Stop hoarding, I can’t be more blunt about it. Stop it. It is not sensible, it is not helpful and it has been one of the most disappointing things I have seen in Australian behaviour in response to this crisis.”

Good Cunt. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

I’d have this whole thing sorted by the weekend if I was in charge tbf.

Turns out I didn’t even need until the end of the night to figure out the answer.

So we want herd immunity as quickly as possible but need to protect the elderly and vulnerable?

So is it possible to set up a system of intentional infection whereby young and healthy people are voluntarily given the virus and then kept in hotel isolation for 7-10 days under supervision and come out the end of it with immunity?

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Turns out I didn’t even need until the end of the night to figure out the answer.

So we want herd immunity as quickly as possible but need to protect the elderly and vulnerable?

So is it possible to set up a system of intentional infection whereby young and healthy people are voluntarily given the virus and then kept in hotel isolation for 7-10 days under supervision and come out the end of it with immunity?

As far as I can make out the second stage of the virus causes pneumonia. Even in hospital that’s taking a hell of a risk with people of any age. So no Dr Jekyll, your plan is irresponsible fuckin nonsense. Are you actually Boris Johnson? 

Aye but the people who are gonna get that look like they’re going to get it anyway so that’s why we do it in a controlled way during one of the troughs in hospital admission.

32 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I like this plan. Damn those pesky clinical ethicists.

In other news the pounds tanked against the dollar to its lowest level in 35 years. New BoE boss pleads for traders not to short the pound. Does this silly man not realise these people are cunts who don't give a shit?

And Fenwicks has shut. Could this be the final nail in the coffin of the high street?

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Somebody phoned up 5live or Vine or some other call in show in the week and suggested the same. The doctor they had in the studio said a polite but firm no 

You’ll be wishing they’d followed my plan when they end up kicking down your door and forcing it on you.

When China announced plans to lock down Wuhan and most of the surrounding Hubei province, the news was greeted with astonishment around the world. Experts warned that it was an unprecedented and risky attempt to control the virus that might not work.

Nearly two months later, with the daily number of new cases in China down to single digits last week, Wuhan is starting to emerge from two months of isolation, and this approach has become the model for other countries with outbreaks that appear to be sliding out of control.

Now there is speculation the British government is preparing to implement something similar in London, the centre of the coronavirus outbreak in Britain.

Preparations are underway to put London in a lockdown similar to EU countries if experts decide it is the only way to cut coronavirus deaths, Downing Street says.

Prime minister Boris Johnson said he was not ruling out legal restrictions to prevent people flouting health advice to stay at home and keep away from public gatherings.

Measures including the closure of most shops and forcing all but essential workers to remain at home are on the table – after an alarming rise in cases in the capital.

Edited by trooper

11 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

by the army, apparently. but hopefully we will be allowed out to buy food etc, as in other countries

Is this ITK the same as the MA selling up stuff? Just saying :)

• Haha 5