Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

If we all plant vegetables in our gardens now, they’ll be harvestable just after we all die. 
:good:

Our state, New South Wales, shutdown all non essential services as of midday today because people just wouldn't listen and kept going out to pubs, cafes and the beach. But still our Tory national government doesn't want schools to shut.

Turns out they were warned weeks ago to do this straight away but they were worried about the economic effect - stupid cunts, it's going to be far worse now but they are still more interested in cutting spending on public health and "small" government ideals.

One of our lads at work is self isolating, cough, aches paivs & fever. Wandering around filthy hospitals for a month in full knowledge of the risks but told by the company who insisted he attended these places to wash his hands more often 🙄

47 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If we all plant vegetables in our gardens now, they’ll be harvestable just after we all die. 

My mum got out ahead of this and set up a poly-tunnel with a fair stash of seeds - also now has 6 chickens :lol:

They were going to do that anyway of course but the plans were brought forward as a precaution. The thing is though, the government isn't going to let us run out of food - they'll ration before that happens.

• Haha 1

I'm fucking annoyed Miss T has had to go & take her sister shopping ( which is fairy enuf) but her sisters bloke was supposed to come home for a couple of hours to look after the 3 kids. The stupid twat wont answer his phone so theyve had to take the 3 kids with them & Miss T is sitting in the car with them as we speak. He's a fucking prick 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

My mum got out ahead of this and set up a poly-tunnel with a fair stash of seeds - also now has 6 chickens :lol:

They were going to do that anyway of course but the plans were brought forward as a precaution. The thing is though, the government isn't going to let us run out of food - they'll ration before that happens.

Are you CT's infant son?

Would explain the left-wing rebellion against "the man" and generally naive views of the world :)  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Omelettes and wicked-strong homegrown Bong then. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

My boss should get the results of her test today. If she's had it there's probably a good chance I have had it or will get it very soon. We work in very close proximity. Gulp. 

You'll sweat it out in no time if that day at Tilleys is owt to go by. 

• Haha 2

Went to the Co-op before and the wife was putting out toilet rolls on the shelf. They weren't at the level of quilting that I'm accustomed to, so I passed, but good to see some bog roll out in the wild.

Well, I've just had a blazing row with my line manager and main manager in front of the entire team on a video conference. Work want me to put my kids into school every day. And me to continue working full time, either physically in the hospital or at home. School has made it clear they want to look after front line worker's kids only and you must not use it as a creche so you can work at home. My boss expects me to push back and just drop them there anyway. But I am terrified they will contract this thing at school. I just don't want to do it. My projects are fucking pointless in the current climate, and they will all be cancelled anyway. My wife has already given up a days paid work a week so I can work maybe 3 days so we will take a financial hit. Looks like I am going to have to do the same.

Who's in the right here? I 'm fucking livid tbh, I mean you would think the NHS would take it more seriously. I work next to a blood cancer clinic! I've asked to be redeployed. Might well get a disciplinary.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, I've just had a blazing row with my line manager and main manager in front of the entire team on a video conference. Work want me to put my kids into school every day. And me to continue working full time, either physically in the hospital or at home. School has made it clear they want to look after front line worker's kids only and you must not use it as a creche so you can work at home. My boss expects me to push back and just drop them there anyway. But I am terrified they will contract this thing at school. I just don't want to do it. My projects are fucking pointless in the current climate, and they will all be cancelled anyway. My wife has already given up a days paid work a week so I can work maybe 3 days so we will take a financial hit. Looks like I am going to have to do the same.

Who's in the right here? I 'm fucking livid tbh, I mean you would think the NHS would take it more seriously. I work next to a blood cancer clinic! I've asked to be redeployed. Might well get a disciplinary.

I'm with you mate. Miss T was told off her boss last night that school would open today for 1 kid. They have to get the caretaker in to open & close the school, they also need a minimum of 2 teachers in for safeguarding issues. It's almost the same all week 1 on Tuesday, 2 on Wednesday, 1 on Thursday  & 5 on Friday. 

24 minutes ago, Renton said:

Can you not just tell them you'll work full time and then just do the best you can, accepting that you won't be working at your maximum? What is it that you're physically delivering each day that would provide evidence that you weren't pulling your weight? 

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Can you not just tell them you'll work full time and then just do the best you can, accepting that you won't be working at your maximum? What is it that you're physically delivering each day that would provide evidence that you weren't pulling your weight? 

Research projects to a specific timetable. Systematic reviews and economic modelling. But it can wait. It's to advise a committee that wont now happen. I should have been clever about this and waited until its cancelled anyway. Pretend to wfh. It's the fucking attitude I hate, putting me in this position with the school is unacceptable. I've never lost it like this before. One colleague spoke up for me at least. 

39 minutes ago, Renton said:

Sounds like you're doing the right thing and your manager is an insensitive douchebag

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Research projects to a specific timetable. Systematic reviews and economic modelling. But it can wait. It's to advise a committee that wont now happen. I should have been clever about this and waited until its cancelled anyway. Pretend to wfh. It's the fucking attitude I hate, putting me in this position with the school is unacceptable. I've never lost it like this before. One colleague spoke up for me at least. 

You defo need to just play the game a bit here. Do what you can, do stuff in the evenings if you need to to keep ticking over. Don't turn your boss into your IRL version of Kid Dynamite. ;)

If he asks what you're doing with your kids, tell him you're trying to make it work with them at home, as the school is (correctly) taking a hard line. Don't tell him you spoke to the head or anything as that's a provable lie. 

Just let him think he's winning and you're doing as he's asked to the best of your ability. 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You defo need to just play the game a bit here. Do what you can, do stuff in the evenings if you need to to keep ticking over. Don't turn your boss into your IRL version of Kid Dynamite. ;)

If he asks what you're doing with your kids, tell him you're trying to make it work with them at home, as the school is (correctly) taking a hard line. Don't tell him you spoke to the head or anything as that's a provable lie. 

Just let him think he's winning and you're doing as he's asked to the best of your ability. 

Aye. Saying my projects were a pile of crap in front of the team might not have been too clever. I've logged off for the day.

Edited by Renton

36 minutes ago, Renton said:

If anything it's your own fault for not building sufficient slack into your normal working day so it makes it look like you're still working to capacity. No sympathy from me I'm afraid.

• Haha 3