Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If anything it's your own fault for not building sufficient slack into your normal working day so it makes it look like you're still working to capacity. No sympathy from me I'm afraid.

I was a first class loafer before austerity hit actually. Damn you austerity.

A mate of mine works for a comapny supplying equipment to ICU's,  He posted this on FB today.

Time to bring things into focus.

Spent the morning on COVID-19 webinars.

There seems to be 2 phenotypes of people presenting.

Type A, slow presentation with opportunity for medics to try multiple therapies.

Type B, sudden and rapid onset of shortness of breath and ICU within hours.

Italy started with most Type A with more B appearing 2-3 weeks in, London seems to be more type B’s already.

So.......for those of you still not applying social distancing or even better isolating there’s every possibility that exposure to multiple sources of the virus from multiple hosts may well dictate your experience and survival.

STAY AT HOME.

Somone asked his about the % of these, he the replied with this;

Theres nearly daily epidemiological papers being published in the journals but the prevalence of type B in London was from a London based consultant on the call, he said those were what he was seeing but the Italians noted regional differences in their country as well.

It was a VERY clinical discussion but the Italians wish they’d gone on lockdown sooner and couldn’t believe the rest of a Europe was taking so long.

It’s a dynamic situation.

The disconcerting part was they all said to begin with it was the elderly and already unwell presenting but as time has moved on they are seeing more people in their 30s and 40s with no past medical history

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

A mate of mine works for a comapny supplying equipment to ICU's,  He posted this on FB today.

Scary stuff. I think there must be a link to your initial viral load and the clinical outcome. That's why the doctor who discovered it died.  But why the fuck should anyone take this seriously when even the NHS isn't. Policies that are explicitly against social distancing and a lack of protective clothing. A lot of doctors haven't woken up in time. 

25 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

brown trousers time tbh

I went for my usual walk earlier today that I've been doing, about 2/3 miles & takes in a bit of the clifftop above the beach. Last week mostly drizzle; almost no cunt around. Today, sun out & I've probably been infected, either by the dosser cunt sprawled out dribbling on the pavement or the fuckin worried looking mouth breather who insisted on fuckin talking to me despite me having headphones in... "THIS VOIRUS IS TERRIBEW INNUM??"  Homestly. Just fuck off. 

• Jaysus... 2

19 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Whereabouts do you live, again? 

I know it’s West Country-ish. 

I live in Poole mate. Edwardian two bedroom semi next to a railwayline 

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

Next to Harry Redknapp's gaff, innit?

:huff: see above ^ 

I'll plot the walk tomorrow..might walk past his gaff if I go a bit further but it'll be busy as fuck down there. He lives right by the harbour, the gypsies all live about 4/5 miles out at the top of the hill.... I'm about halfway between the two ;)

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

I live in Poole mate. Edwardian two bedroom semi next to a railwayline 

:huff: see above ^ 

I'll plot the walk tomorrow..might walk past his gaff if I go a bit further but it'll be busy as fuck down there. He lives right by the harbour, the gypsies all live about 4/5 miles at the top of the hill.... I'm about halfway between the two ;)

Ah! 
I was going to give you the “ Newcastle is further west than Southampton”, but it doesn’t apply to Poole. 
Edinburgh is well west of you though. 

Can you tell how bored I am?   :lol:

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

Ah! 
I was going to give you the “ Newcastle is further west than Southampton”, but it doesn’t apply to Poole. 
Edinburgh is well west of you though. 

Can you tell how bored I am?   :lol:

Ditto :lol:

Most of southern Scotland is south of Berwick. Mad isn't it?... Fuckin kill me now 😒

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Ditto :lol:

Most of southern Scotland is south of Berwick. Mad isn't it?... Fuckin kill me now 😒

:lol:

Hartlepool is further north than the southernmost part Sweatyland. 

Please God, switch off my internet. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

Hartlepool is further north than the southernmost part Sweatyland. 

Please God, switch off my internet. 

You sure?....hold that thought, am away to pick the missus up from graft, I’ll address this particular bombshell when I get back,,,