Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Renton said:

What's going on with so many famous people having it? Is it because they are socially gregarious and mingle a lot? Or is it because they have more testing and what this shows is that the underlying prevalence is huge? 

This is an interesting read about it all. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/21/rich-famous-coronavirus-tests-covid-19-tom-hanks

I've just stood in a line (safe distance away) from the son of one of the biggest cunts in the Australian government and watched him use his father as a reason to get tested.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You're up mate. Make sure your phones not on silent :D

:lol: I'm gonna King Ralph this motherfucker. Those daily press conferences just got a whole lot sexier.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’m cynical enough to believe they don’t have it and it’s just another stunt where they can say “look at tough old Boris, guided the country while under the weather himself, what a man” when it’s all said and done 

That’s a dangerous game to play when you’re dealing with such an infectious & potentially  fatal virus.

Its a very realistic prospect that they have it as well as a huge amount of others in that there London.

28 minutes ago, Tom said:

That’s a dangerous game to play when you’re dealing with such an infectious & potentially  fatal virus.

Its a very realistic prospect that they have it as well as a huge amount of others in that there London.

This.

Pretend to have it and publicise but if they then do get it = cue panic about "there is no immunity".

10 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

This.

Pretend to have it and publicise but if they then do get it = cue panic about "there is no immunity".

How many people do you think would something like that be have to be kept from just within his inner circle? 

Who did the test on Johnson & Hancock? Rishi fuckin Sunak? 🙄

I hate the Tories as much as anyone but they're as spooked as anyone about this. Johnson has a pregnant missus ffs.

25 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Anybody else feeling anxious?

I get it in waves. I was calm most yesterday, dont feel at all calm today. I've had that sick feeling in the pit if my stomach all day. 

I found out the other day a mate of mine and his wife have both had it. He's fine but she's still a bit rough as he put it. 

Both healthy people but still a small comfort in a way that it can be the "mild" thing we all hope. 

Yeah, rationally I know the vast majority of us will be okay, but then I'm shit scared of flying and that makes no sense.

But even discounting your own health, there's others to consider, personal finances, and the unprecedented collapse of the global economy to contend with. Not to mention the stresses of social distancing and the effect of this on kids. And the sheer speed of what's happened. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

I get it in waves. I was calm most yesterday, dont feel at all calm today. I've had that sick feeling in the pit if my stomach all day. 

I'm fixin to get spangled this evening. Your mam, dad and sister are picking me up shortly. Your dad reckons he knows a good dealer, so hopes are high. 

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Had it in waves like you.  I cant say I am massively worried about getting it.  Infact, I could have even had it!  I get worried about work, then I am ok, then worried about my old man, then I speak to him and he's in good spirits.  I have limited myself on social media etc and tried to keep busy.  I am currently on Annual leave so spent most of the day doing jobs in the garden I have been putting off for months.

Stick in there Renton.

• Like 1