Anorthernsoul

Coronavirus

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

definitely agree with that. i love that about coming home (to newcastle). funny i call it that as i haven't lived up there since 1997.

i think again it's down to the volume of people. it's overwhelming in the centre, people don't even stop or look up, let alone engage in friendly chit chat. it can be exhausting, but it also appeals to those who like anonymity. people tend to leave each other alone. though i have been struck by how everyone on my street seems to know each other and how they're all looking out for each other right now. there are loads of whatsapp groups, which i tend to avoid, and that nextdoor app where people are helping out dropping off food for those who are isolating. 

and conversely, while small towns are without a doubt more friendly and welcoming, they are also more threatening. i've never had any bother in 20 years living down here. i've seen more fights kick off during nights out on the trips home i've had than i have seen down here this entire time. 

Bet you get more of this kind of thing in small towns too:

• Haha 2

Spoke to my sister today who's a retired radiographer and she got a letter asking her to come back. I think she would have been willing but she has MS so its a non-starter. She's okay but not to stand all day. 

I think we're both pretty happy in reality. 

• Like 1

Me and the wife do a 4 mile walk every night.  Bored shitless the rest of the time.  I hope none of you on here suffer in any way shape or form.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Geffen has always been a cunt. The man screwed over hundreds possibly thousand of bands and then as soon as he got the "big one" he couldn't sell the label quick enough.

Billionaires like Branson will soon be asking for government help to pay his staff. Cunt should have an injection of Covid put in his eye the disgusting cunt. 

32 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Billionaires like Branson will soon be asking for government help to pay his staff. Cunt should have an injection of Covid put in his eye the disgusting cunt. 

Uh, aren’t the government already paying his staff?

Maybe these hard times will turn us into a kinder nation? Okay, maybe not...

958ADA86-CF68-4703-A72F-E4BF3D80879E.png

Edited by ewerk

27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Ffs

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

The Mail were treacherous cunts in WW2 and nothing has changed, a ruly despicable paper poisoning everything godd about this country. Johnson has just proved he's not practising what he's preaching if anything. Not surprising considering he boasted about shaking hands with coronavirus patients. 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Rayvin said:

The Prime Minister should be tested indeed, as he is a key worker in the whole situation. I have an issue with Prince Charles getting one though since he is an irrelevance.

I do think it's fair for Johnson to take some flack for being part of successive governments which failed to properly fund the system that is taking such good care of him.

Aye, but he uses BUPA.

14 hours ago, McFaul said:

Me and the wife do a 4 mile walk every night.  Bored shitless the rest of the time.  I hope none of you on here suffer in any way shape or form.

Alright Stevie. Did you catch the Arsenal game the other day?  

• Haha 5

Police helicopters buzzing over our house, the news summary sounds like the army is mobilising. All very dystopian and unsettling.