Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

The financial cost of the next few months is going to hit 99% of us in the pocket for another decade. Austerity mk2

Id bet my house on the premier league games this weekend either being cancelled or played behind closed doors 

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The financial cost of the next few months is going to hit 99% of us in the pocket for another decade. Austerity mk2

Id bet my house on the premier league games this weekend either being cancelled or played behind closed doors 

oh, for sure. bye bye olympics and euros too

It kind of makes you think if things will ever get better like the good old days? It's been unmitigated shit for the last 4 years in this country, we stumble from one disaster to an even worse one, with the poorest calibre leaders in history in charge of the country, and many other countries. 

we will be in the thousands of cases by the end of the weekend. it's about to go BOOM while our politicians sit with their thumbs up their arses. 

i just dragged my kids out of school, not because i'm overly concerned about our health, despite my boy having asthma, but because it's the responsible thing to do. my mother in law, who helps with childcare, is massively at risk due to a lowered immune system and we have instructed her to self isolate for at least a month. 

i'm fortunate enough to be able to work from home. my mate, a VFX compositor, works in a new industry that isn't unionised and they are being offered zero flexibility. he was just saying his bus to work was just as crammed as it always is. 

i've got mates down here who reckon i'm panicking, and i might be - a result of spending all day plugged into twitter, but the lack of action here is staggering. we need to wake up - italy is on its knees. that's us in just over a week unless we start social distancing now. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

It kind of makes you think if things will ever get better like the good old days? It's been unmitigated shit for the last 4 years in this country, we stumble from one disaster to an even worse one, with the poorest calibre leaders in history in charge of the country, and many other countries. 

this is nature's revenge on us fucking the planet. the earth's immune system 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

The good old days when Polio was a mass killer, if you had HIV it meant death etc.  BRING THEM BACK!!!!

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

we will be in the thousands of cases by the end of the weekend. it's about to go BOOM while our politicians sit with their thumbs up their arses. 

i just dragged my kids out of school, not because i'm overly concerned about our health, despite my boy having asthma, but because it's the responsible thing to do. my mother in law, who helps with childcare, is massively at risk due to a lowered immune system and we have instructed her to self isolate for at least a month. 

i'm fortunate enough to be able to work from home. my mate, a VFX compositor, works in a new industry that isn't unionised and they are being offered zero flexibility. he was just saying his bus to work was just as crammed as it always is. 

i've got mates down here who reckon i'm panicking, and i might be - a result of spending all day plugged into twitter, but the lack of action here is staggering. we need to wake up - italy is on its knees. that's us in just over a week unless we start social distancing now. 

You're doing the right thing imo. London will be first to explode. I'm e expecting tomorrow to be my last day physically in work for some weeks. 

Just now, wykikitoon said:

The good old days when Polio was a mass killer, if you had HIV it meant death etc.  BRING THEM BACK!!!!

Well no, I meant the Blair days silly. ;)

I think a lot of the problem is we have become complacent about infectious diseases because science has been so successful at eradicating them. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well no, I meant the Blair days silly. ;)

I think a lot of the problem is we have become complacent about infectious diseases because science has been so successful at eradicating them. 

Very much.

40 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hearing rumours from multiple sources that schools will be disbanded from tomorrow. Five week Easter holiday ffs. :suicide:

Also, bollocks to bog roll, I’m stocking up on booze if so. 

• Haha 2