Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

As for the media, they’re not worth a fuckin wank. We all know that obvs but still....

Implementing the shutdown earlier in Ireland played a massive part in getting control of this but as a country we’re much less densely populated and have much less large scale public transport than the U.K. which naturally gives us an advantage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I always thought probably one of the most shocking distortions of the truth during the thatcher era as well as the probably the most disturbing acts of police brutality was to the peace convoy near stonehenge in 85.

the hippies were portrayed as being outlaws armed with firebombs.

they were fucking families living in buses!

largely lost in time now amongst hillsborough and orgreave but a national scandal nonetheless, I think it was the fledgling channel 4 news footage which was mysteriously 'lost' for years.....

Aye Wiltshire police + reinforcements just turned up and totalled virtually every vehicle in the field & anyone who put up a fight got the same.I’m of the opinion that this order came from very high up indeed, the miners strike had just finished and the home office & police were emboldened to think that they could do precisely what they wanted and get away with it. Travellers limped on for a few years after but this was the turning point. I saw their “last stand” at Glastonbury 1993 when on the Sunday night they turned all the stalls in the market area over. Eavis had let them in for nothing as usual but by then they were mostly a bunch of desperate pricks. Criminal Justice Act a year later saw most of them off the road for good 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Implementing the shutdown earlier in Ireland played a massive part in getting control of this but as a country we’re much less densely populated and have much less large scale public transport than the U.K. which naturally gives us an advantage.

Yeah. Your cities may have fewer people (population) but I don’t think the density within them would be much less?  Having more cities is the key to that point or am I as usual displaying my appalling ignorance of how these things work?

44 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Alok Sharma on Marr illustrating perfectly why they have medical experts at the daily briefings ie to bounce all the difficult questions on to them.

Just watched it. Sorry, it's made me angry. What an utter cunt that man is. How the fuck can people not see through these charlatans and keep voting for them.

We are doing the worst in Europe in tackling this pandemic, in fact arguably the worst in the whole world. ALL of this is the fault of the government.  Nearly everyone on this board grasped the magnitude of this situation before the government did. How is that even possible? The worst thing is the fucking idiots of Blyth,  Consett and Hartlepool, as well as the usual suspects, have ensured we can't change course as a country for another 5 years. We're fucked as a country with these clowns in charge, totally fucked. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

As for the media, they’re not worth a fuckin wank. We all know that obvs but still....

I’m fucking finished with giving a shit about anyone I’m not close to if these lot aren’t held to account over this. I’m pretty sure they won’t be either. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

UK numbers seem to be hovering around the 8-900 mark. Hopefully plateauing here too 

Can the figures be believed? 

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Aye Wiltshire police + reinforcements just turned up and totalled virtually every vehicle in the field & anyone who put up a fight got the same.I’m of the opinion that this order came from very high up indeed, the miners strike had just finished and the home office & police were emboldened to think that they could do precisely what they wanted and get away with it. Travellers limped on for a few years after but this was the turning point. I saw their “last stand” at Glastonbury 1993 when on the Sunday night they turned all the stalls in the market area over. Eavis had let them in for nothing as usual but by then they were mostly a bunch of desperate pricks. Criminal Justice Act a year later saw most of them off the road for good 

quite weird reflecting on that era, personally alternated between a saturday afternoon yob, a militant and then a summertime festival hippie!

some of the original travellers I got to know and who were at the beanfield are still about and on the road, mostly horse drawn vehicles now and tend to crop stll with their own fields at festivals in the midlands/southwest.

doubt that they'll get the opportunity this summer.

:(

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just watched it. Sorry, it's made me angry. What an utter cunt that man is. How the fuck can people not see through these charlatans and keep voting for them.

We are doing the worst in Europe in tackling this pandemic, in fact arguably the worst in the whole world. ALL of this is the fault of the government.  Nearly everyone on this board grasped the magnitude of this situation before the government did. How is that even possible? The worst thing is the fucking idiots of Blyth,  Consett and Hartlepool, as well as the usual suspects, have ensured we can't change course as a country for another 5 years. We're fucked as a country with these clowns in charge, totally fucked. 

aye.

we had sun readers keep thatcher in power for 11 years.

nowt changes, the majority of people are as thick as fucking pig shit.

49 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I keep thinking/saying that that half arsed two weeks where the blustering buffoon was telling people it might be a good idea to stay at home and Cheltenham went ahead as well as that ridiculous Friday night cost thousands of lives. 

I hope they pay for it but I doubt it. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

quite weird reflecting on that era, personally alternated between a saturday afternoon yob, a militant and then a summertime festival hippie!

some of the original travellers I got to know and who were at the beanfield are still about and on the road, mostly horse drawn vehicles now and tend to crop stll with their own fields at festivals in the midlands/southwest.

doubt that they'll get the opportunity this summer.

:(

I was a bit like that too...I’d pretty much taken early retirement from football by 92/93 though + had moved down south...I was bang into running around fields, old houses, beaches etc, anywhere with a beat. Knew it wasn’t for me long term and by  95 I was back in the fold..

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I was a bit like that too...I’d pretty much taken early retirement from football by 92/93 though + had moved down south...I was bang into running around fields, old houses, beaches etc, anywhere with a beat. Knew it wasn’t for me long term and by  95 I was back in the fold..

took a lot longer for me to grow up!

was driving down to hungary every summer till 2012  to ozora festival.

do you know that one?

packed it in 2012 because about 500 hungarian police turned up after finally noticing that 50,000 psytrance crusties (@Alex) from all over the world were turning up in the middle of nowhere 100 miles south west of budapest and openly taking enough psychedelics to sink a battleship!

ah, the heady of the not so youthful.

wonder when folk will get the opportunity again?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

took a lot longer for me to grow up!

was driving down to hungary every summer till 2012  to ozora festival.

do you know that one?

packed it in 2012 because about 500 hungarian police turned up after finally noticing that 50,000 psytrance crusties (@Alex) from all over the world were turning up in the middle of nowhere 100 miles south west of budapest and openly taking enough psychedelics to sink a battleship!

ah, the heady of the not so youthful.

wonder when folk will get the opportunity again?

No not come across that..we were mostly Glastonbury etc, went to a couple of Spiral Tribe things.. my mates were the ones the local crusties would sometimes go to for gear. That’s how I fell in with them for a bit. They were a good crowd but there were a couple of things that happened in 94ish that made me fuck off to the US for a bit . When I came back I didn’t see as much of that crowd..as you say, if you’re into that sort of thing nowadays or can remember being so inclined the current situation is possibly the worst of all worlds. There again, as the current Mrs PL has wisely stated, who is best suited to lockdown than Gen Xers? brought up to make your own fun but also more than capable of sitting in the house doing fuck all smoking draw and watching shit telly? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

No idea what you mean...

Eat Static were canny to be fair but most of the psi-trance shit was...shit ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used to live in tent for 6 months a year, for nearly ten years. 😄

Much of the first few years I was perma-stoned on some top-notch Mediterranean/Moroccan produce. 

Music was a mix of Floyd, jazz, pre-Brit Pop English guitar bands, and some of that electric nonsense 😂

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

Eat Static were canny to be fair but most of the psi-trance shit was...shit ;)

They are the only ones who sprang to mind at this time :lol:

they did a track where they sampled John Pertwee as Dr Who banging on about kinetic energy...can’t remember its name but it’s was chemically implanted into my brain more than 25 years ago :blink:

• Haha 1

right then, just to keep this relatively on topic for a minute...

ozora festival in hungary is unlikely to go ahead due to coronavirus.

the legendary boom festival in portugal has already been cancelled.

so in these days of death, misery and lockdowns  a reminder to all of us ageing psytrance crusties  of what used to be.

and Alex, this what you missed out on, the most stunning party girls in the world!  :)

9 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Much of the first few years I was perma-stoned on some top-notch Mediterranean/Moroccan produce. 

Music was a mix of Floyd, jazz, pre-Brit Pop English guitar bands, and some of that electric nonsense 😂

Sounds canny...what was rock climbing like when you were full of Moroccan? :lol:

23 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

so in these days of death, misery and lockdowns  a reminder to all of us ageing psytrance crusties  of what used to be.

and Alex, this what you missed out on, the most stunning party girls in the world!  :)

2005? everyone pictured is now either a chartered accountant or a lawyer :D 

40 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I think there were one or two smart lasses who were into house, techno and drum and bass as well like ;) 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Ibiza Compo. 

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

They are the only ones who sprang to mind at this time :lol:

they did a track where they sampled John Pertwee as Dr Who banging on about kinetic energy...can’t remember its name but it’s was chemically implanted into my brain more than 25 years ago :blink:

For a period in the 90s every track released had an obscure sample. Obviously the more obscure the better :D I loved a bit of trance like but I found a lot of that specific goa / psychedelic stuff boring. LSD by Hallucinogen being a notable exception. 

• Like 2