Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Opposition  deputy health sec who is also an A&E consultant in the constituency where she was born and bred & represents gets to ask questions about the governments performance on Covid 19..second clip is more instructive as it gives full question and Hancock’s  scarcely believable response..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

this country, man

though tbf, it must have been a wrench

I mean, the bloke has already had COVID so clearly isn’t going to give it to anyone else. And anyone on this board who says they haven’t broken lockdown rules at least once are lying. 

30 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I mean, the bloke has already had COVID so clearly isn’t going to give it to anyone else. And anyone on this board who says they haven’t broken lockdown rules at least once are lying. 

I haven’t. I’ve actually been social distancing for a about a week more than the rest of the country. 

To be fair to the bloke, I might have been tempted if I had a bit on the side like that too. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I mean, the bloke has already had COVID so clearly isn’t going to give it to anyone else. 

Is that scientifically proven yet?  Surely only in Trump's world.

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Is that scientifically proven yet?  Surely only in Trump's world.

In the world health organisation world of letting people go back to work after they’ve had it 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

If it wasn’t obvious weeks ago, confirmation today that we’re being fuckin gaslighted. I think I had to look up the definition of what that actually meant about a year ago..... :glare:

• Like 3

Aye, Goebbels would be proud of this lot. Get the bunting out, get the (English) fizzy chilled, and get ready to give a toast to the new Churchill on Friday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

If it wasn’t obvious weeks ago, confirmation today that we’re being fuckin gaslighted. I think I had to look up the definition of what that actually meant about a year ago..... :glare:

It's the second tweet for me, that sums up what is wrong with British people now. Wilful ignorance due to fear of having to acknowledge their own poor judgement.

It's never going to go away though, it's the new landscape. It's the blind leading the people who gouged out their own eyes.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's the second tweet for me, that sums up what is wrong with British people now. Wilful ignorance due to fear of having to acknowledge their own poor judgement.

It's never going to go away though, it's the new landscape. It's the blind leading the people who gouged out their own eyes.

Nicely put 

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye, they were talking on the podcast last week about the honeymoon period. Basically if this all happened in a couple of years time then it's the government at fault. Because it's happened so soon after the election then people don't want to admit that it's them who fucked up by electing these clowns.

11 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Full disclosure: on my Saturday morning run I stopped for 90 seconds to chat to a friend and his kid as they were passing. From a safe distance, of course, but still: I am a dirty rule-breaker. :(

Theresa May now giving a speech about the dangers of popularism and the rise of isolationism. She's right of course, but the hypocrisy is rank. She wasn't a popular leader but she tried to be. And her only policy was literally a hard Brexit from the EU, now she's whinging about the lack of international solidarity? Fuck you May you stupid cunt. You played your part bringing us here. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Full disclosure: on my Saturday morning run I stopped for 90 seconds to chat to a friend and his kid as they were passing. From a safe distance, of course, but still: I am a dirty rule-breaker. :(

That's not rule breaking is it? I've been to an offy just to buy beer. But honestly,  it was essential. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

That's not rule breaking is it? I've been to an offy just to buy beer. But honestly,  it was essential. 

Renton, it's not even 10am.

• Haha 1

Just now, Meenzer said:

It's non-essential. :dunno:

That's subjective though. And anyway, I don't see how what you did posed any risk at all, in fact I don't think its even against the rules. I've been much more naughty. 

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Theresa May now giving a speech about the dangers of popularism and the rise of isolationism. She's right of course, but the hypocrisy is rank. She wasn't a popular leader but she tried to be. And her only policy was literally a hard Brexit from the EU, now she's whinging about the lack of international solidarity? Fuck you May you stupid cunt. You played your part bringing us here. 

"Citizen of nowhere". 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

That's subjective though. And anyway, I don't see how what you did posed any risk at all, in fact I don't think its even against the rules. I've been much more naughty. 

I think it's a reasonable interpretation of the guidance and I guess that's what the original post was driving at. Assuming he wasn't suggesting that we've all driven to see our married lover at some point. :lol: