Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

London R value apparently 0.4, half of that of the North East and just under half of that of the SW where I’m starting back on Monday 😬

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8321677/London-records-just-24-new-covid-19-cases-day-raising-hopes-lockdown-eased.html

The Mail getting back into line now...YOU CUNTS WILL GO BACK TO WORK...

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Translation: teachers, please put your lives at risk so we don’t murder our children 

3177434A-9A81-4A95-8DBD-4E8E3E78F3F7.jpeg

They might as well have gone with "Out Of The Trenches And Over The Top With You, Plebs"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Translation: teachers, please put your lives at risk so we don’t murder our children 

3177434A-9A81-4A95-8DBD-4E8E3E78F3F7.jpeg

Replace "be" with "die as". The teacher isn't even socially distanced in that photo ffs. She looks like she has her arm around him.

I fucking hate this paper, whenever I see someone buy it I despair. I have to say it is usually always old retired twats that have ruined the country. I guess their younger equivalents have the Sun. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I know the company I used to work for have been given the task of identifying fraudulent claims for grants and furlough payments. I'm sure there's people out there who thought this would be easy money but they are doing checks.

50 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

If there was any lingering doubt about the BBC...

Been obvious for ages but depressing nonetheless 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

If there was any lingering doubt about the BBC...

fucking hell, i'd like to know who actually said that. the absolute gall

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

@Dr Gloom

Do you have any thoughts on that BBC position mate? I'm not baiting you here, just curious.

shocking- it's the kind of thing you'd expect senior journalists at RT or CCTV to say

Had to go to the post office just now and crikey, down at the shops you wouldn't know there's a crisis on. I'll politely describe the prevailing attitude as "casual".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

I know the company I used to work for have been given the task of identifying fraudulent claims for grants and furlough payments. I'm sure there's people out there who thought this would be easy money but they are doing checks.

It was always going to happen with the amount of chancers these days, like you say they probably thought the government wouldn't have the resources to catch them out.

5 hours ago, Renton said:

Yet London has an R value of 0.4 apparently, half that of the NE?

I was amazed at that given what I’ve seen recently. That said, pretty much everyone I know down here has been working from home for more than 2 months? It will be interesting to see what proportion of people have the antibodies once the testing gets done. 

5 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Had to go to the post office just now and crikey, down at the shops you wouldn't know there's a crisis on. I'll politely describe the prevailing attitude as "casual".

I just had a similar experience on my run just now. If the shops and pubs didn’t all their shutters down, you would have no clue we were in lockdown. People and traffic everywhere. This past week has felt very different to just a fortnight ago. 

5 hours ago, Renton said:

Yet London has an R value of 0.4 apparently, half that of the NE?

Hard to imagine that staying the case for too much longer. I saw a group of six young people having a bbq in the park. Ok, they might all live in the same house share but amazing how the atmosphere has changed since the PM’s address on Sunday.