Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Cancel physical presence for students but keep schools open for your kids, I'm guessing? :razz:

Students are just getting their lectures online anyway. As has been said, the only reason they are being dragged to campus is to fund land lords. They are all snagging each other and are clearly spreading it.

The way things are going I think schools may have to close too. I'm really worried about the effect of this on their education, so should you be if you believe in society.

Incidentally, hospitals are now reading struggling with covid absenteeism. Half my department is down. 

Edited by Renton

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Students are just getting their lectures online anyway. As has been said, the only reason they are being dragged to campus is to fund land lords. They are all snagging each other and are clearly spreading it.

The way things are going I think schools may have to close too. I'm really worried about the effect of this on their education, so should you be if you believe in society.

Incidentally, hospitals are now reading struggling with covid absenteeism. Half my department is down. 

So are schools. Both teachers and students. 20 percent of my wife's class was missing last week, she's probably gone in to find that more are missing this week. 

It is pointless continuing the pretense that keeping schools open is working. There are entire year groups missing and when that starts happening to the GCSE and A Level kids, that is true disadvange in an exam year.

Do the remote stuff to keep them ticking over and then once there's a vaccine get everyone back and work out what needs to happen to catch every one up. 

45 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Never heard of anyone in China getting Long Covid Syndrome. Weird.

It was only in May so fair do's, easy to miss in your research if you spent less than the 20 seconds I did.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3084634/china-adds-long-term-organ-damage-list-effects-covid-19

• Haha 2

Fucking bone idle teachers fancying even more holidays I reckon.

Just had an email from our Trust saying not to ever self isolate if directed to by the NHS app, and in fact turn the app off completely work. Clearly getting staff into work takes precedence over their safety like. An outbreak here would not surprise me. 

You need to consider psychological welfare as well. I hate agreeing with Trump but he's right in saying children, younger ones anyway, have little to fear from this virus.

Edited by Renton

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

Fucking bone idle teachers fancying even more holidays I reckon.

Just had an email from our Trust saying not to ever self isolate if directed to by the NHS app, and in fact turn the app off completely work. Clearly getting staff into work takes precedence over their safety like. An outbreak here would not surprise me. 

It's not an NHS app though is it, it's Dildo Harding's baby (Serco) isn't it

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

You need to consider psychological welfare as well. I hate agreeing with Trump but he's right in saying children, younger ones anyway, have little to fear from this virus.

Is that really true though, no-one knows yet what potential effect on young'uns is

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He can fuck off, if I can still go to the pub (which I don't) I will visit my son and D-in-law (live 5 minutes walk round the corner) he's working from home, she's a veterinary nurse and is fully PPE'd when at work (and doesn't use public transport)

People seem to be behaving in a less cautious manner than they were before the tighter restrictions were brought in up here so I can see this going down like a wet fart. Amongst the ever diminishing number of people even trying to follow whatever the fuck the restrictions are anyway 

Edited by Alex