Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

My lass's school got a call from the police telling them to make sure that kids don't mix together once they've left the grounds at the end of the school day.

Firstly, not the school's job, secondly, they've been in a classroom together all day, thirdly, please fuck off. 

Can’t the police just leave up to the common sense and decency of the British public? Seeing as that’s been their default stance throughout 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Congratulations on the new job @Rayvin

I've moved to a proper database structure now anyway :lol: Apparently my bog standard little side business is now more sophisticated than the entire government's COVID data collection system.

59 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can’t the police just leave up to the common sense and decency of the British public? Seeing as that’s been their default stance throughout 

How about they arrest Johnson and his boss for their criminal handling of the whole thing? 

• Like 1

A good friend of mine and his 14 year old daughter just tested positive after a big outbreak in her school. First of my close friends to get it. Makes it feel bigger and more real when it happens to someone you know 

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

A good friend of mine and his 14 year old daughter just tested positive after a big outbreak in her school. First of my close friends to get it. Makes it feel bigger and more real when it happens to someone you know 

Aye the son in laws ex wife (lovely lass) got it in early April she was in a bad way. Induced coma, ventilator, dialysis it was touch & go thankfully she pulled through but it really hit home to us how bad it was. I hope your friend & daughter are ok mate. 

Edited by trooper

Local UK leaders tell Hancock: 'Existing restrictions not working'

Council leaders from cities in the north of England have written to UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock, urging him to improve local coronavirus measures.

They said they were "extremely concerned about the sharp increase in new Covid-19 cases" in their areas and the national responses.

The four leaders said: "The existing restrictions are not working, confusing for the public and some, like the 10pm rule, are counter-productive.

"Instead, local measures, developed jointly across police, council enforcement and public health services, should be deployed to address rising infection rates based on local knowledge."

Leader of Leeds City Council Judith Blake, Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson, leader of Manchester City Council Sir Richard Leese and leader of Newcastle City Council Nick Forbes told Mr Hancock:

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

14,542 cases today, 76 deaths. Anybody confident where this is going? We've fucked up again, haven't we?

e6385d20d9cf75796bd6422fa6c5606d.jpeg

I'm still watching the deaths figure and it remains nothing like what it was first time around. We'll see what happens, I guess. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

I'm still watching the deaths figure and it remains nothing like what it was first time around. We'll see what happens, I guess. 

Just earlier in the cycle. Looks to me that admissions and deaths are in exponential phase. We'll be getting 3 figure daily numbers next week. The local trusts are shitting themselves now. 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

:lol: Ireland has had that for months. It makes the rules crystal clear. Of course the U.K. would be months behind in doing this.

Didn't the RoI just override the experts on this? 

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

14,542 cases today, 76 deaths. Anybody confident where this is going? We've fucked up again, haven't we?

e6385d20d9cf75796bd6422fa6c5606d.jpeg

4,368 infections on September 23rd, 2 weeks ago cases have tripled 

Edited by trooper

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just earlier in the cycle. Looks to me that admissions and deaths are in exponential phase. We'll be getting 3 figure daily numbers next week. The local trusts are shitting themselves now. 

No-one can possibly believe any figures released from this shower of fools. Absolute charlatans.

24 minutes ago, Renton said:

Didn't the RoI just override the experts on this? 

Like any government they took their advice on board and made their own decision. Is there any country where decision are made solely by health experts?

What sort of metrics? We had some risk assessment points in our level system but none that were linked to specific figures. Worked pretty well.

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

What sort of metrics? We had some risk assessment points in our level system but none that were linked to specific figures. Worked pretty well.

I don't think we can take anything from New Zealand. The obvious one is new cases per capita. Dunno what granularity you can practically employ this like. But the present system isn't working.

10 hours ago, Meenzer said:

First poppy advert of the season on the telly tonight and they're equating the COVID-19 crisis to - you guessed it - war. :lol:

It's going to be a long winter...

And the people who lap that shite up think wearing a mask to go to Asda is too much of a sacrifice 

• Like 1

You can tinker about with restrictions as much as you like but you regularly see whole families going food shopping for a basket full of items, for example. Levels of complacency like that in somewhere which seems like such an obviously high risk place in terms of infection suggests this is going nowhere anytime soon. 

• Like 1