Coronavirus

46 minutes ago, trooper said:

Surely if people aren't social distancing in a queue you'd wear your mask.

A Bedlington pub has been shut after police caught households mingling and customers without their masks in breach of coronavirus guidelines.

Officers claimed there was no social distancing inside The Wharton Arms during a spot check on Saturday, October 3.

Northumbria Police say multiple breaches at the pub also included not displaying a Track and Trace QR code, or enforcing a one-way system.

there is a very small risk of transmission outdoors. i wear one indoors, don't tend to outside

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great news lads the son in laws ex wife is home. It looks like she's going to be ok it's really brought it home how bad this is. Hopefully things can get back to some kind of normality in a couple of

My old man has days, at the most, left.    Good luck to anyone trying to stop me seeing him.    It’ll be The Rule Of Five.…   Five Knuckles.…       I’ll hit th

A 10ft coffin, slowly whirring down the aisle carried by 6 weeping Roombas. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Aye, fair enough. I'm feeling characteristically down about the situation, really hit me today.  I do think we are repeating mistakes but what do I know?  its going to be a shit winter regardless.  

no doubt about that :lol:

30 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, I didn't get why he said 200 cases per day. Unless he was factoring in increased lockdown provisions. Honestly though, we are in serious shit imo. I'm most worried about the knock on effect to other services, especially cancer. 

Yep, and that is down to lack of funding of the NHS and nothing else, there's been zero steps to mitigate the effect of Covid on other services.

This is all wearing on me now - I think I'm almost in the camp of wanting them just to open everything up again because dying from COVID in the coming few months would be preferable to economic armageddon that creates a completely shit living situation for the next 20 years, doubtless accompanied by the return of austerity.

Anyway, the good news is that my cleaner is back as of today. I was on half pay from May through August with a significant job loss threat hanging over me (thankfully now resolved),  so couldn't keep her on.

This is a significant boost which won't be reflected in any of your covid doomsday graphs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

This is all wearing on me now - I think I'm almost in the camp of wanting them just to open everything up again because dying from COVID in the coming few months would be preferable to economic armageddon that creates a completely shit living situation for the next 20 years, doubtless accompanied by the return of austerity.

Don't think like that, hang in there, we've got sunlit uplands and unicorns from January.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Glad to hear it Gemmill. You lazy twat. 

It's fallen to me to do it all, man, as the chief worker from home. Just another reason for schools not to have reopened. 

Pubs and restaurants barred from selling alcohol indoors for two weeks in most of Scotland. Pubs & restaurants in 5 areas must shut for all but takeaways. I wonder if Boris will follow their lead 

Edited by trooper
6 minutes ago, trooper said:

Pubs and restaurants barred from selling alcohol indoors for two weeks in most of Scotland. Pubs & restaurants in 5 areas must shut for all but takeaways. I wonder if Boris will follow their lead 

£40 million being made available, not sure how that will be dished out mind.

Honestly I could not be nicer. I'm just an all round great bloke. I'm confident she would agree without me even having to remind her that this is only her first week back and things can change quickly. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, trooper said:

I can see this going down well in Glasgie.

1627795943.jpg

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Hey it's legal to have a cleaner in the house. It's only friends and family who are barred. 

Aye, I’ve told me dad he can come round to see the bairns if he cuts the lawn and cleans the windows 

• Haha 4