Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

On 09/11/2020 at 14:57, Toonpack said:

Hope the trucks can keep them at minus 80 whilst they queue at the docks come January !!!!

You'll be reassured to hear that this was raised in parliament yesterday and Hancock's answer was "I have confidence in our plans". No suggestion of what the plans are, but they'll have some. Definitely.

Dropping like flies at my place. Either got it or isolating. We've got to wear masks, try and keep our distance, (impossible) and wash our hands regularly as well a few other measures in place. Anyway, bottom line......carry on regardless.

• Sad 2
  • Jaysus... 2

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

You'll be reassured to hear that this was raised in parliament yesterday and Hancock's answer was "I have confidence in our plans". No suggestion of what the plans are, but they'll have some. Definitely.

Plans you say !! So when we can't get a vaccine it'll be the remainer's fault, probably sums it up.

If this thing actually does work, there's going to be a bun fight for it, I wouldn't be surprised if they adopt an "EU first" supply policy, especially when initial supplies are limited and if we fuck them over with torn up treaty and no-deal. (Which would then be the EU's fault and a Tory plan B to the above)

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Plans you say !! So when we can't get a vaccine it'll be the remainer's fault, probably sums it up.

If this thing actually does work, there's going to be a bun fight for it, I wouldn't be surprised if they adopt an "EU first" supply policy, especially when initial supplies are limited and if we fuck them over with torn up treaty and no-deal. (Which would then be the EU's fault and a Tory plan B to the above)

Aye, expect a lot of warm empty phials trundling into Dover. Or phials full of warm piss!

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Dropping like flies at my place. Either got it or isolating. We've got to wear masks, try and keep our distance, (impossible) and wash our hands regularly as well a few other measures in place. Anyway, bottom line......carry on regardless.

Hope you’re ok

55 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hope you’re ok

So far, it's half my shift who have it or isolating. Sat with a lad on my breaks yesterday and he started to have symptoms by the end of it. He's off today to get a test. 

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

So far, it's half my shift who have it or isolating. Sat with a lad on my breaks yesterday and he started to have symptoms by the end of it. He's off today to get a test. 

Fuck’s sake. Sounds like a nightmare 

Missus just told me there's some folk in one her "mums" forum saying that if the vaccine is 90% effective they'd rather take their chances with the virus, since the mortality rate from covid is far less than 10%. 

Fuck me man its no fucking wonder our death toll is the highest in Europe. 

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 3

On 09/11/2020 at 11:23, PaddockLad said:

All corrupt bastards. I see Sunak plans to whack up capital gains tax to claw back some cash. The top rate of tax remains unchanged though and huge corporations are still allowed to tax dodge 

12 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

All corrupt bastards. I see Sunak plans to whack up capital gains tax to claw back some cash. The top rate of tax remains unchanged though and huge corporations are still allowed to tax dodge 

I expect no less. Never trust a Tory. 

What's the quote again? If there's any decent ones they're like sweetcorn in a turd. You could argue they've kept their integrity but they're still inbedded in shit. 

• Haha 3