Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Jesus...

You know that they wouldn't have done that unless they absolutely had to, dragged kicking and screaming most likely.

The government lockdown that is, apparently not Rod Liddle, disturbingly.

I can’t see any kids willingly let Rod Liddle fuck them either 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

So when did you yourself become aware of the virulent new strain that has quadrupled new cases in London & the SE in a few days? I wouldn’t vote Tory if you set fire to me me but ffs would you rather he did fuck all? 

The numbers in London have been alarming for a good while now but you still go to the pub there at the beginning of this week 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Behave man :lol:

Anyone with half a brain has been saying a 5 day lockdown break is fucking lunacy for weeks. The cunts accused Starmer of trying to ruin Xmas for saying as much. 

They knew about it on Thursday when they rearranged all of the tiers. Low and behold, 5 days to go, the whole country has their travel plans booked, preparations sorted, loads of offices shut down on Friday and now they get told the whole Xmas bubble is probably a bad idea now.

Reactive rather than proactive like everything else they do day in, day out while they destroy the fucking country 

Largely agree.  Anyone with half a brain would also not go anywhere near the at risk and vulnerable at the moment regardless of the time of year and no instructions regardless of when they’re issued will stop those who don’t give a shit doing precisely what they want to do. I’ve thought for a long time that we’ve got to look after ourselves and those closest to us and try not to worry too much about others, there’s literally no controlling what people do. Johnson has a dozen voices in his ear, we didn’t vote for the rambling indecisive wanker, the idiots that will mix freely at the end of this week very likely did. He’s belatedly done the right thing . That’s consistent with his actions throughout this. We’re cancelling everything this year. Not bothered really. It is, and mostly always has been, down to us , regardless of what Johnson & the scientists have said . 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

The numbers in London have been alarming for a good while now but you still go to the pub there at the beginning of this week 

Yeah....Johnson will not call another regional/national lockdown until forced to. This is where we are. This is where we’ve always been. 

14 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah....Johnson will not call another regional/national lockdown until forced to. This is where we are. This is where we’ve always been. 

You can see another Lockdown coming now though. People could well have been commuting from London, unknowingly having the new strain of the virus. 

Just now, trooper said:

You can see another Lockdown coming now though. People could well have been commuting from London, unknowingly having the new strain of the virus. 

Yeah mate there’s nothing more certain. No real word on how this new strain affects the vaccine though 🤔

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah mate there’s nothing more certain. No real word on how this new strain affects the vaccine though 🤔

My simplistic understanding is that as long as it uses that spike protein on its surface the vaccine should still work against it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

My grandma had her first jab the other day and her second one is in January. What sort of protection will she be afforded between jabs? She's not been well this year and we might not get another Christmas with her.

At an educated guess probably about 80% of the full efficacy. The second jab is mainly a booster to increase longevity of protection. Usual caveats apply, I'm not a vaccinologist and have no inside information. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Largely agree.  Anyone with half a brain would also not go anywhere near the at risk and vulnerable at the moment regardless of the time of year and no instructions regardless of when they’re issued will stop those who don’t give a shit doing precisely what they want to do. I’ve thought for a long time that we’ve got to look after ourselves and those closest to us and try not to worry too much about others, there’s literally no controlling what people do. Johnson has a dozen voices in his ear, we didn’t vote for the rambling indecisive wanker, the idiots that will mix freely at the end of this week very likely did. He’s belatedly done the right thing . That’s consistent with his actions throughout this. We’re cancelling everything this year. Not bothered really. It is, and mostly always has been, down to us , regardless of what Johnson & the scientists have said . 

I personally disagree. My actions are part determined by my perception of risk, but also partly by law. What Johnson should have done is said we will make the decision 1 week before Xmas and you must be prepared for a negative outcome,  but it mightbe positive. Instead, he promised an open Xmas. People have now made plans which are difficult and expensive to change. People are sick of his hypocrisy and flip flopping and will use their "common sense". They will take risks. 

This all atems from Johnson's incompetence and over promising and under delivering. It was entirely avoidable. He's already trying to transfer blame to the public, this is what these people do, they never take the blame. Seems to me by your post you are sort of agreeing to this. Poor leadership can ruin a country very quickly. That's what we are seeing right now in the UK.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Renton said:

I personally disagree. My actions are part determined by my perception of risk, but also partly by law. What Johnson should have done is said we will make the decision 1 week before Xmas and you must be prepared for a negative outcome,  but it mightbe positive. Instead, he promised an open Xmas. People have now made plans which are difficult and expensive to change. People are sick of his hypocrisy and flip flopping and will use their "common sense". They will take risks. 

This all atems from Johnson's incompetence and over promising and under delivering. It was entirely avoidable. He's already trying to transfer blame to the public, this is what these people do, they never take the blame. Seems to me by your post you are sort of agreeing to this. Poor leadership can ruin a country very quickly. That's what we are seeing right now in the UK.

You’ve not said a thing I disagree with.  Speaking generally the whole thing on a personal level has been a risk assessment. That’s because there’s no sense surrounding Johnson, apart from the scientists but theyve got to verbally beat him up to get him to listen. I suppose that could be viewed as letting him off the hook. Think I’m just jaded with the whole thing. He’s acted. There’s no way on gods earth he’s getting the same reaction as he was in March. 8 months in he never was. 

41 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You’ve not said a thing I disagree with.  Speaking generally the whole thing on a personal level has been a risk assessment. That’s because there’s no sense surrounding Johnson, apart from the scientists but theyve got to verbally beat him up to get him to listen. I suppose that could be viewed as letting him off the hook. Think I’m just jaded with the whole thing. He’s acted. There’s no way on gods earth he’s getting the same reaction as he was in March. 8 months in he never was. 

Gotcha. I fully agree. 👍

Also, apologies, just really pissed off that plans I had made can't now happen.  Always hard but in our situation really complicated because this is the last Christmas we can have as a whole family on my side. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

Gotcha. I fully agree. 👍

Also, apologies, just really pissed off that plans I had made can't now happen.  Always hard but in our situation really complicated because this is the last Christmas we can have as a whole family on my side. 

No need for apologies mate, tbh this place is pretty much the only place I can fully express myself without causing ww3 and am grateful for it. For all of us  whose plans have to change it’s a massive kick in the teeth. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 4

In news no one could possibly have anticipated, telling ten million people they'll be subject to new rules from midnight and for the foreseeable future causes a substantial number of them to try and leave before midnight. :boogie: 

• Jaysus... 3

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

In news no one could possibly have anticipated, telling ten million people they'll be subject to new rules from midnight and for the foreseeable future causes a substantial number of them to try and leave before midnight. :boogie: 

Loads of people are leaving London for Christmas. There couldn’t have been a worse time for this new strain to hit London, it will be all over Britain in a week. 

I'm not sure that's even on the government really. Coming out at 6pm and saying the rules come into play in a few hours is less notice than they've given previously by quite a distance. And yes they could have done many things differently but IMO this rush happens however they do it unless the literally shut the trains down instantly.

This is just selfishness from all those travelling.

• Like 1