Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

23 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm not sure that's even on the government really. Coming out at 6pm and saying the rules come into play in a few hours is less notice than they've given previously by quite a distance. And yes they could have done many things differently but IMO this rush happens however they do it unless the literally shut the trains down instantly.

This is just selfishness from all those travelling.

The thing is were the new mutated strain of the virus was more or less restricted to London & the South East. It could well now be unknowingly be being spread all around the UK. 

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

The new strain emerging from the first place in the world to approve a vaccine and within a couple of weeks of doing so. WEEEEIIIIRRRDD

How many people are involved in keeping mum about all these conspiracies you see? ...this latest one is a fuckin doozy :cuppa:

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

How many people are involved in keeping mum about all these conspiracies you see? ...this latest one is a fuckin doozy :cuppa:

They used all the folks from the moon landings conspiracy. 
Rethink

Reskill

Reboot

59 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

An indeterminate number. How many of those involved would disappear if they blew the whistle?

"Are you the Quiff? Deep throat didn't make it, was silenced by them. He asked me to pass on the details instead. They're going to roll out the mutated virus in London and get them to spread around country when they get all Chris Rea and go home for Christmas. Ingenious, isn't it? My code name, by the way? Just call me ''Kamagra'. I'll be in touch soon. Keep a low profile and don't punch any double glazed windows. Goodbye."

JFK-1991-Kevin-Costner-Donald-Sutherland-pic-2.jpg

• Haha 7
  • Jaysus... 1

The UK has recorded its highest daily increase in coronavirus infections after another 35,928 new positive tests were reported. I can see this hitting nearer 50k in a weeks time very worrying 

3 minutes ago, trooper said:

The new strain, which is up to 70% more transmissible, has been found in every part of the UK except Northern Ireland, an expert has told Sky News.

That is fucking scary. I guess my worst fear will be if the new strain reduces the threshold of transmission down so low that supermarket shopping, for instance, becomes a genuine route of infection. Ffs. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

That is fucking scary. I guess my worst fear will be if the new strain reduces the threshold of transmission down so low that supermarket shopping, for instance, becomes a genuine route of infection. Ffs. 

When you getting the jab? Are you classed as 'front line'? The main concern I've had about catching it is passing it onto someone at higher risk. Knowing that the most at-risk groups are vaccinated certainly puts me at ease. Can't say I'm worried about "long covid".

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Supermarkets already are/were a hotbed of it IMO. Aye, they’re deep cleaned regularly but the amount of pricks not bothering to sanitise or wear a mask is beyond a joke in those places.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

When you getting the jab? Are you classed as 'front line'? The main concern I've had about catching it is passing it onto someone at higher risk. Knowing that the most at-risk groups are vaccinated certainly puts me at ease. Can't say I'm worried about "long covid".

I'm not front line so fuck knows. Why aren't you concerned about long covid?  It affects younger people with even mild symptoms as much as older people with severe symptoms. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm not front line so fuck knows. Why aren't you concerned about long covid?  It affects younger people with even mild symptoms as much as older people with severe symptoms. 

Because I've got bigger problems to worry about than the remote chance of being in a small group of afflicted people. Once the vaccine minimilises the chances of me killing some poor high-risk fucker I'm not going to live in constant fear.

As Ive mentioned before my daughter is involved in data analysis for PHE, and specifically covid death and infection levels in the South East. The opinion of her and her team is that whilst this new variant exists it is being used as an excuse by Johnson to change policy for Christmas because having Lomdon in tier 2 and the 5 day relaxation of rules was such a terrible mistake

Edited by spongebob toonpants
  • Jaysus... 1

2 hours ago, trooper said:

The new strain, which is up to 70% more transmissible, has been found in every part of the UK except Northern Ireland, an expert has told Sky News.

Give it a week and it’ll be rife with the people coming home for Christmas, including my own brother and sister. We’re a smaller island than you so closing the airports from GB would be the sensible move but the DUP would never have it.

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

As Ive mentioned before my daughter is involved in data analysis for PHE, and specifically covid death and infection levels in the South East. The opinion of her and her team is that whilst this new variant exiists it is being used as an excuse by Johnson to change policy for Christmas because having Lomdon in tier 2 and the 5 day relaxation of rules was such a terrible mistake

Well you could have told us earlier. Renton has slashed his wrists