Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

17 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If we were inside the EU though and they were shipping vaccines from the EU to the USA to our detriment would you feel the same?

This is how it is to be outside the tent rather than inside.

We got a head start, not sure if that was anything to do with being in or out of the the EU and I wouldn't take any gammon claiming it was seriously but ffs its the only thing Hancock has got right and the EU can't fuckin stand it. If it was the other way around and we were making up rules to clip the EUs vaccine wings we'd be furious. 

How did we get a head start? Pfizer and AZ promised the EU certain deliveries by certain dates and they aren't going to meet those figures. I think it's fair enough for the EU to say that they won't be able to export those made within the EU.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

We got a head start, not sure if that was anything to do with being in or out of the the EU and I wouldn't take any gammon claiming it was seriously but ffs its the only thing Hancock has got right and the EU can't fuckin stand it. If it was the other way around and we were making up rules to clip the EUs vaccine wings we'd be furious. 

I think we'll have to see the contracts before casting judgement personally. Worth noting though that the EU paid up front for 300 million doses compared with UKs 100 million, costing them a lot more. They've had their prior March allocation reduced from 100 million, to 80 million, to 30 million now. For a whole continent. As you say, if that was the other way round...

Someone has fucked up. We were supposed to have 100s of millions of doses ready to roll in Autumn.

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think we'll have to see the contracts before casting judgement personally. Worth noting though that the EU paid up front for 300 million doses compared with UKs 100 million, costing them a lot more. They've had their prior March allocation reduced from 100 million, to 80 million, to 30 million now. For a whole continent. As you say, if that was the other way round...

Someone has fucked up. We were supposed to have 100s of millions of doses ready to roll in Autumn.

Not sure if its a fuck up...pretty sure its big pharma exploiting a global pandemic, completely within character. The EU have been left standing on their dicks. 

There was an MEP on 5live this morning complaining that pharma has been bunged billions in public money to develop the vaccine and now, when there's a supply issue, won't hand over their "intellectual property" :lol: MEP sounded completely and utterly naive tbh.

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

Yeah but the EU have a lot more Pfizer and Moderna doses ordered. It's not like it's all or nothing with AZ. 

Apperently forner Eastern bloc EU members are relying virtually completely on AZ due to cost & ease of storage/distribution....?

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Not sure if its a fuck up...pretty sure its big pharma exploiting a global pandemic, completely within character. The EU have been left standing on their dicks. 

There was an MEP on 5live this morning complaining that pharma has been bunged billions in public money to develop the vaccine and now, when there's a supply issue, won't hand over their "intellectual property" :lol: MEP sounded completely and utterly naive tbh.

Didn't AZ say they would give up the IP only to later retract this and instead offer the vaccine at cost under license? I'm normally in support of Big Pharma but suspicious in this case.

Is it really that surprising not to approve the AstraZeneca vaccine for people  over 65 when there isn‘t sufficient data regarding its efficiency yet? Especially when you have other vaccines where there is sufficient data available.

That‘s got nothing to do with nationalism imho but seems sensible. I have no problem myself to opt for the AstraZeneca one if it means someone older gets the BionTech or Moderna one.

Just had a humbling moment there.
Have a bloke decorating my house at the minute - got chatting to him and turns out he's a pilot on furlough.
He's taken up work as a decorator to try and pay his mortgage. 
He’s not that good at cutting in, but he did a great job on the landing.

• Haha 5
  • Jaysus... 1

22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Have a bloke decorating my house at the minute - got chatting to him and turns out he's a pilot on furlough.

For fucks sake. 

As much as I think we should've restricted international air travel a good 10 months ago its got fuck all do with folk getting their "downstairs landing" addressed. 

Just have a wank like the rest of us and leave the pilots to their furlough. 

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: Absolutely terrible. (I'm still pinching it). 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

go.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Bison GIF

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Alex said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55843506 Little wonder we’ve got so many deaths this time round. This so-called lockdown is an absolute piss-take. 

Notice how every shitty employer’s response was,

“ The safety of employees is our priority…”

which translates in plain English to 

“ We couldn’t give a fuck”. 

• Like 3

i'm starting to get more than a little annoyed with amazon delivery dudes standing right at my front door as i open it, no mask, to hand-deliver the parcels. step the fuck off already and leave it on the deck 

We took a decision as a safety team to shut all our offices during the first lock down and haven’t opened them. 

There is no need for office staff to be in an office all day unless higher ups don’t trust them, in which case why employ them? Or the higher ups are knobs. Wonder which one is more common.

Our construction sites are still open but with heavy guidance in place to protect workers. They are difficult to manage mind. 

• Like 2