Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm starting to get more than a little annoyed with amazon delivery dudes standing right at my front door as i open it, no mask, to hand-deliver the parcels. step the fuck off already and leave it on the deck 

:lol:

Stop ordering shit then. These poor fuckers have to deliver 200 parcels a day so I'm not sure you can expect perfect form every time. You've probably got a <0.1% chance of infection from taking it out of their hand anyway. 

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Stop ordering shit then. These poor fuckers have to deliver 200 parcels a day so I'm not sure you can expect perfect form every time. You've probably got a <0.1% chance of infection from taking it out of their hand anyway. 

We’ve been told to stay at home so we’re getting as much of our shopping as we can delivered instead of going to the corona market. 

I know it’s a shit job. I have nothing but respect for the essential workers who put themselves at risk to keep all of our lives ticking over. Except the ones that want to stand and have a face-to-face chat in the middle of a pandemic. The sooner those ones are replaced by delivery drones the better.

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Or just move to a different area. Our delivery drivers don't knock too loudly, they leave it on the steps and back away until the door opens, then doff their caps and skip away cheerily whistling a merry tune.

That's what you get in Cheshire; a bit of fucking respect.

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I’ve started to take the item straight out of the packaging and throwing the packaging away and then sanitising my hands.

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Or just move to a different area. Our delivery drivers don't knock too loudly, they leave it on the steps and back away until the door opens, then doff their caps and skip away cheerily whistling a merry tune.

That's what you get in Cheshire; a bit of fucking respect.

Start a podcast about Cheshire then.

• Haha 1

On 28/01/2021 at 09:34, ewerk said:

Over here we've moved on to vaccinated the over-65s so my parents went on this morning and got booked to get it tomorrow afternoon. This all seems to be going a little too well.

One day later:

D3E44F1E-22BC-4681-BDBB-2A96F41157B6.png

I don’t think it’s as big a deal as many are making out. They’re making it illegal to funnel vaccines to GB through Northern Ireland. We aren’t going to see checks on the border. Still a massive overreaction though.

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

One day later:

D3E44F1E-22BC-4681-BDBB-2A96F41157B6.png

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

is it me, or is the EU having a bit of a mare? 

They are. I really don't get this at all. For all practical purposes, this was a hypothetical issue not a real one. Why would the Republic supply NI with vaccines when the NI has a much better supply of vaccines from GB? Makes no sense, what the fuck is going on? 

The real cause of this though is inadequate supply. Whether the EU approached this as a block purchaser as it did, or left it to every nation for itself, the problem was not going to go away. That's not ro detract from the fact the government actually did an excellent job securing vaccines and deploying them. We always had a big advantage in the latter having a nationalised health service. Also not to detract from the fact that apart from this our management has been the worst in Europe. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

They are. I really don't get this at all. For all practical purposes, this was a hypothetical issue not a real one. Why would the Republic supply NI with vaccines when the NI has a much better supply of vaccines from GB? Makes no sense, what the fuck is going on? 

The real cause of this though is inadequate supply. Whether the EU approached this as a block purchaser as it did, or left it to every nation for itself, the problem was not going to go away. That's not ro detract from the fact the government actually did an excellent job securing vaccines and deploying them. We always had a big advantage in the latter having a nationalised health service. Also not to detract from the fact that apart from this our management has been the worst in Europe. 

Feels like a direct retaliation to the AZ story. 

And after all the talk of the GFA and red lines, they’re the ones who unilaterally place a border on the island of Ireland. They have united Ireland with UK politicians of all stripes. Bizarre move 

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The EU are just a big a set of cunts as the tories. Quelle fuckin surprise....

That may or may not be the case, I think normally it demonstrably isn't personally, but I don't get the logic of this move even if its true. In one fell swoop they've lost the moral high ground they've built over the last 4 years. For no gain I can see. If this marks the start of true hostilities between the UK and EU things could get quite scary for us. Feels like a prelude to a blockade. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

That may or may not be the case, I think normally it demonstrably isn't personally, but I don't get the logic of this move even if its true. In one fell swoop they've lost the moral high ground they've built over the last 4 years. For no gain I can see. If this marks the start of true hostilities between the UK and EU things could get quite scary for us. 

Yeah I appreciate the seriousness. Someone on the radio analysed the contract the EU published earlier today....its vague and woolly to say the least. Plus the UK has paid top dollar to presumably ensure supply. 

42 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The EU are just a big a set of cunts as the tories. Quelle fuckin surprise....

They’re a protectionist organisation looking out for the interests of their members. This is a result of Brexit, not the EU changing their tactics.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They’re a protectionist organisation looking out for the interests of their members. This is a result of Brexit, not the EU changing their tactics.

Or....they’re  acting like cunts because they’ve made a cunt of procuring the cure for the cunting plague :cuppa: