Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I'm fucking hacked off too like. I just think SAGE are probably the people to trust on this, not the government or "people on the internet". It sounds to me they may have access to some worrying data. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Then they should release it if they want people to comply

Comply with what? They're advisors, not the government. The government don't listen until its too late or they have sufficiently lined their own pockets. But Joe public doesn't give a shit apparently. 

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

Are we going to have a flu pandemic next? I can't see how there'll be any immunity left in the population after this

Combined flu and covid jabs is your answer. 

WAY more should be being made of the fact that that fat cunt's dithering is what let the Indian variant in. That should be the headline story on every major news site. 

The big mistake was letting it in. Whatever decision he makes now, he needs to carry the can for that first mistake:

Cancel the lockdown easing: right you fat cunt, that's your fault for letting it in. We're all stuck in the house and people are losing jobs because of you. 

Allow the easing to go ahead: right you fat cunt, those that die, you are directly responsible for because you rolled out the red carpet for a new variant. 

He's so incompetent, it's unreal. Never ever learns from past mistakes. He's a fucking simpleton. 

• Like 4

Hancock saying the government is moving towards "a mantra of personal responsibility". Mate, there are people that accidentally kill themselves trying to take selfies on cliff edges. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Hancock saying the government is moving towards "a mantra of personal responsibility". Mate, there are people that accidentally kill themselves trying to take selfies on cliff edges. :lol:

Passing the buck. Use common sense. No such thing as public good. Gammons and quiff agree. 

Edited by Renton

Again though. It was "good old fashion British common sense" that was gonna see us avoid a second wave. And then what happened? 

If you had a 5 year old that kept going back to the stove and burning their hands as often as this cunt, you'd put it on gas mark 5 and be done with it. I would anyway. It's why I don't have kids. 

• Haha 2

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

I'm convinced only anti vaxers are dying now anyway

She's an epidemiologist. She goes on to make it clear that this isn't an anti vax message, it's a please take this seriously message. 

I'm as sick of all this as you are, but I'm pretty confident that we're all gonna be back to a full square one mega lockdown before too long if we follow the current road map. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Thought vaccines were 100% effective at preventing serious illness. Seems unlikely that she'd know 2 fully vaccinated people it's fucked. She's overegged the pudding for me, geoff

You thought wrong. None has said they're 100%. 

So, what are people's thoughts on covid at the moment? I've been checking the interactive map pretty religiously the past few months and to me the data looks pretty concerning. There are hot spots popping up everywhere, also I think they are correlated to areas of, ahem, lets say vaccine skepticism. It doesn't bode well since these data precede the latest unlock, let alone June 21st. Now hopefully the vaccine can break the link between infection and hospitalisation/deaths, but can we really let the virus reach high prevalence levels and hope this holds true? What about the risk of new variants developing and breaking free of the vaccine? I think we're probably going to end up with local lock downs again. Hope I'm wrong. 

I think we're going to have to have some form of vaccine passport in order to increase takeup, particularly among the younger groups. It's a bit unfair to do this before everyone has been offered the vaccine but the situation isn't fair on anyone at the moment.

There’s someone being treated at our lass’s place. Won’t go into too many details but they’ve got serious life-changing and, almost certainly, life shortening effects of Long COVID. They caught it over a year ago and they aren’t even 20 years old yet. No previous underlying health issues 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

So, what are people's thoughts on covid at the moment? I've been checking the interactive map pretty religiously the past few months and to me the data looks pretty concerning. There are hot spots popping up everywhere, also I think they are correlated to areas of, ahem, lets say vaccine skepticism. It doesn't bode well since these data precede the latest unlock, let alone June 21st. Now hopefully the vaccine can break the link between infection and hospitalisation/deaths, but can we really let the virus reach high prevalence levels and hope this holds true? What about the risk of new variants developing and breaking free of the vaccine? I think we're probably going to end up with local lock downs again. Hope I'm wrong. 

If we end up in a third wave and there is a statistically significant correlation between those in hospital/the morgue and those that aren't vaccinated, then hopefully it'll encourage people to get vaccinated. 

If it doesn't cause an uptick in vaccination, then it's vaccine passport time for the rest of us. 

If it's killing the vaccinated then I guess it's just survival of the fittest time. 

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

There’s someone being treated at our lass’s place. Won’t go into too many details but they’ve got serious life-changing and, almost certainly, life shortening effects of Long COVID. They caught it over a year ago and they aren’t even 20 years old yet. No previous underlying health issues 

That's awful. It's mad the differing effects it can have on people.