Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9594615/Covid-UK-110-direct-flights-India-landed-UK-red-list.html

"110 direct flights from India have landed in UK since it was put on 'red list': Up to 8,000 arrive from Covid-ravaged sub-continent in nearly a month amid fears airports have become 'super spreaders' for virus"

Boris & his "rugger chums" needed holding to account for allowing this to happen the bastards

Even when it was Amber before they moved it to red, thousands would have arrived and been subject to the self-isolation with no follow-up advice - little wonder those hotspots have arisen. 

It’s demonstrating why it’s essential to get people fully vaccinated as quick as possible with a single shot obviously not giving enough protection.

Edited by Isegrim

17 hours ago, trooper said:

This has all the hallmarks for another wave to come into the country. Shirley the best thing to do would be to have a green light & red light system. While trying to get a hold on the Indian virus that seems to be spreading rapidly around our country at the minute. 

Yes, but ...

dcms.gif

Can someone explain to me how track and trace cost 37 billion bastard pounds!? Someone's managed to spend a million quid 37,000 times over and it still doesn't work

Isn't it just a big IT algorithm/app with a load of agency staff ringing people who it pings up?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Can someone explain to me how track and trace cost 37 billion bastard pounds!? Someone's managed to spend a million quid 37,000 times over and it still doesn't work

Isn't it just a big IT algorithm/app with a load of agency staff ringing people who it pings up?

TBF it includes the cost of testing but it will still include billions given to private companies to do (or fail to do) the tracing.

I scratch my head at the sums too. It's more than £600 per head (including children). Yet you can get a PCR test done privately now for something like £60. So that's 10 tests each on average, I've not even had one. I think Dildo said 80% of the costs were on the test infrastructure, so that leaves £125 per head on the shitty app and staff who are paid to do fuck all. Its also just shy of the entire military budget! Bargain. 

They’re just making it up now. Sounds like a skateboard trick. 

Tony Hawk Wow GIF by X Games

“Tony Hawk with an Indian variant into a triple variant, unbelievable!”

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can someone explain the point of  advising people not to go on holiday to Spain? 

It’s in case people have the ‘Rona, one of the symptoms of which is a lack of taste. 

😉

• Haha 1

I don't get why there's a concept of a vaccination passport to get you out of the country but tests and self-isolation are required when you return (Amber countries). 

Either trust the fucking vaccine or don't. 

9 minutes ago, NJS said:

I don't get why there's a concept of a vaccination passport to get you out of the country but tests and self-isolation are required when you return (Amber countries). 

Either trust the fucking vaccine or don't. 

You could be protected by the vaccine but still pick up the virus - or a new strain of it - on a foreign holiday and bring it back into the country. 

11 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

You could be protected by the vaccine but still pick up the virus - or a new strain of it - on a foreign holiday and bring it back into the country. 

New strain possibly but very unlikely as WHO has stated vaccines are effective against all current variants. 

"Standard" virus - no fucking way - that's the point. 

1 hour ago, NJS said:

New strain possibly but very unlikely as WHO has stated vaccines are effective against all current variants. 

"Standard" virus - no fucking way - that's the point. 

The vaccination lowers your odds of getting sick. We don’t yet know if vaccinated people can carry and transmit the virus - old or new variant - hence the quarantining on return from amber countries.

As much as I’d love a foreign holiday this year, and I have two weeks booked in October on case things change,  I’m resigned to not having one.

What I’m less prepared to tolerate is a return to the type of lockdown restrictions we saw earlier this year. 

14 hours ago, Alex said:

There’s some beautiful bits of Spain. But I know what you mean 

Aye, the bits without thousands of pissed pink Brits. 

( there is though- Picos del Europa in the North West are stunning , even the Costa Brava is beautiful if you follow the above). 

• Like 1