Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, the bits without thousands of pissed pink Brits. 

( there is though- Picos del Europa in the North West are stunning , even the Costa Brava is beautiful if you follow the above). 

We did hire a camper van for two months being on parental leave when our oldest was just turning one. We went all over the place and you’ll find stunning places everywhere.

But you are right, the worst bit was travelling along the south coast driving through those shit holes inhabited by mostly British tourists.

My parents moved to Spain when they retired. Between Malaga and Seville, bought an old farm house and me and my old man did it up. The rural parts of Spain are mint. It’s an easy option to piss on but it’s a beautiful county.

I mooched around in a hire car for 4 months when i got laid off once. Bilbao and San Sebastián were some of the nicest places I’ve been. The Alhambra palace was mint too.

Ignore the little Englanders who move to new build estates to live with other English people and it’s a mint place to be. The lasses are muck too, from personal experience 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, strawb said:

My parents moved to Spain when they retired. Between Malaga and Seville, bought an old farm house and me and my old man did it up. The rural parts of Spain are mint. It’s an easy option to piss on but it’s a beautiful county.

I mooched around in a hire car for 4 months when i got laid off once. Bilbao and San Sebastián were some of the nicest places I’ve been. The Alhambra palace was mint too.

Ignore the little Englanders who move to new build estates to live with other English people and it’s a mint place to be. The lasses are muck too, from personal experience 

I spent a few days climbing and staying at La Mussara, an abandoned village up in the hills near Tarragona way back when. 
There’s a mountain refuge/inn/bunkhouse there, but the rest of the town is ruins. 

Stunning place, right on the cliff edge. 

I met a right fox there too. 
5an27z.jpg

Agree about Spanish lasses, too :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Smurfette*

:lol:

If looking at this makes you think of ladies, I’m happy to help - can you still get a boner without the Kamagra these days, or is Little Pinky a softy when sober? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I like your Rex Kwan Do pants. 

I bought them from a hippy stall at a French market. 

They were probably made by a 3yr old in an Indian sweat shop. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I bought them from a hippy stall at a French market. 

They were probably made by a 3yr old in an Indian sweat shop. :lol:

I thought you must have got some part time work as a chef. 

• Haha 2

Climbing “fashion” was a strange beast in the 1990s. 

( I did work as a chef for a few years, any cunt wearing anything other than standard strides was roundly destroyed though  - brutal places, working kitchens :lol:). 

I worked as a waiter for about a week when I was 17. 2 days into the job I was still clueless and being shown the ropes and the pastry chef shouted at me for walking past a dessert he'd put to take out. I mean I didn't know what it was or where it was going or owt but aye have a pop. Baaldy cunt

It was at redworth Hall, used to host a lot of away teams when they were playing a North East side. They used to serve vegetables on Sundays in a communal bowl on people's tables.

The leftovers off people's tables went into the soup for the next day. 😂

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I worked as a waiter for about a week when I was 17. 2 days into the job I was still clueless and being shown the ropes and the pastry chef shouted at me for walking past a dessert he'd put to take out. I mean I didn't know what it was or where it was going or owt but aye have a pop. Baaldy cunt

Suck it up, Sugartits, there’s no place for the weak in a kitchen. 

• Haha 1

That soup tale is fucking bogging mind. 

I worked in a fair few places- bog standard local “Italian” places, mid-range bistros, hotels, etc and everywhere I worked was totally on the ball when it came to not doing that kind of shit. 
Apart from being absolutely minging, it’s just not worth risking the minuscule saving you’d make on what is the cheapest lot of ingredients you buy in to potentially be exposed as filthy bastards :lol:

One place I worked at, the previous “chef” would pre-cook a shitload of long grain rice, then use it in his terrible version of risotto. 
I told the owner that, apart from being shite, pre-cooked rice was the number one cause of food poisoning, and we’d not be doing that anymore. 
I took the shite risotto off the menu, put proper risotto, with arborio rice and cooked from scratch, on the specials over the next month, then, after it went down well, we put it back on the menu at a higher price than than the shite that had been on before. 
After that, the owner pretty much let me do what I wanted- including abusing dodgy pant-wearers and quivering new waiters. :lol:

• Haha 1

It's an upmarket place as well. I was horrified. Think I mentioned it in a bad review after I left. Lass was refusing to give me my p45 unless I drove through and returned my locker key. Told her withholding a p45 is illegal and didn't return the key. Got my p45 and left a shit review 

Haven't worked in hospitality since, needless to say

Edited by TheGingerQuiff
  • Haha 1

That’s often the case- the high end hotels are all about the bottom line and will cut corners. 
Family restaurants and such are far more reliant on reputation, and can’t afford the bad press. 

Having said that, if the head chef was over ordering/over portioning veg on a Sunday lunch service to the point they were making soup out of it, he should’ve been p-45ed along with you. 😉

• Haha 1

I'll get shot to shit for being a miserable twat, but this thread doesn't make good reading. I think the government have fucked it up, again. Cases in North Tyneside have more than doubled in a week. I really hope this doesn't filter through to hospital admissions.

13 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol: do you take owt for anxiety or not? Hospitalisations are continuing to fall despite cases rising slightly as you'd expect with reopening. Vaccines chin Indian variant. Haven't read the thread.

Yeah, maybe read the thread from a professor in epidemiology. The vaccine don't completely chin the virus, especially the Astra Zeneca one, and especially one dose (only 30% effective against Indian variant). There's a 3 week lag between infection rates and hospital admissions. I think its highly likely we are heading for a third wave. Because of Johnson's rank incompetence. 

Wasnt the 30% figure relating to catching it? And that it was expected that the figure was higher in preventing hospitilisations? It depends what you see as a third wave. There could be a spike, but I'd wager any meaningful third wave won't happen 

6 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Wasnt the 30% figure relating to catching it? And that it was expected that the figure was higher in preventing hospitilisations? It depends what you see as a third wave. There could be a spike, but I'd wager any meaningful third wave won't happen 

Only 30% effective against preventing symptomatic infection, it's not clear how effective the vaccine is against serious illness and death. My concern is that if this is as transmissable as feared, we are heading into a situation where it will increase exponentially risking more mutation. And kids aren't immune to long covid.