Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

I've had a difficult weekend of it. For no apparent reason at all I've been haunted by my sister's passing. Just randomly.broke down yesterday, then decided to get pissed, and feel rough as fuck today,.which makes every thing so much worse. I've not met anybody at my job yet, probably won't for a long time. I miss the crack from my old job, miss just talking to people other than my wife. It feels like too much hassle nowadays to even meet up with mates. I feel like I'm losing touch as a result. Hope I feel better tomorrow, so many people have it worse than me. 

Please talk to some of your mates about this and try and meet up with some of them. It will do you the world of good. I know it’s fucking easier said than done though, mate 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Love this place though. Alex.will be asking for a aquarelle go shortly. :lol:

I don’t drink bottled water

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Some long covid data for our resident long covid denier. 385k people in the uk with symptoms lasting longer than 12months 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/prevalenceofongoingsymptomsfollowingcoronaviruscovid19infectionintheuk/1july2021

That’s the worry for me with the young uns not getting vaxxed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Please talk to some of your mates about this and try and meet up with some of them. It will do you the world of good. I know it’s fucking easier said than done though, mate 

Aye, you're right will do. Got a week in the lakes to look forward to in a couple of weeks. I just feel.so knackered, mentally,.it's unreal. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

:)

wierd autocorrect! 

I thought as much but just went with it Del Boy-style :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I've had a difficult weekend of it. For no apparent reason at all I've been haunted by my sister's passing. Just randomly.broke down yesterday, then decided to get pissed, and feel rough as fuck today,.which makes every thing so much worse. I've not met anybody at my job yet, probably won't for a long time. I miss the crack from my old job, miss just talking to people other than my wife. It feels like too much hassle nowadays to even meet up with mates. I feel like I'm losing touch as a result. Hope I feel better tomorrow, so many people have it worse than me. 

I hear you. I’ve had moments like this and my experience during the pandemic has been far more straightforward than yours. Definitely try to get out for a beer with mates if you haven’t seen them in a while. It’s good therapy. The way we’re living now isn’t good for anybody’s mental health 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Some long covid data for our resident long covid denier. 385k people in the uk with symptoms lasting longer than 12months 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/prevalenceofongoingsymptomsfollowingcoronaviruscovid19infectionintheuk/1july2021

Course there is. I know a lass that reckons she has cancer all the Time as well. She'll have long covid

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Pregabs on a morning and night. Man-up juice in between

42 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Are we gonna have to resurrect the toontastic piss-ups and get Sweaty Renton out for the night? 

I'd be up for it but I think I'm the only fucker with season ticket nowadays! 

Edited by Renton

34 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Course there is. I know a lass that reckons she has cancer all the Time as well. She'll have long covid

Mate, take the hint. She REALLY doesn't want to go out with you. 

"Ah not tonight sorry, I've got cancer again." :lol:

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Are we gonna have to resurrect the toontastic piss-ups and get Sweaty Renton out for the night? 

Woah whoah woah. I said with his mates 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

They're going full on herd immunity. Honestly, we've ran out of road, we've no choice now. Let's not forget why and how we arrived here though. 

Yeah, this is what I think too. Seems a risky strategy. 

28 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This is fuckin bullshit mind...they're literally saying relax all restrictions but Johnson saying it's nowhere near the end of the pandemic? FUCK OFF 

He said there's no obvious endpoint to do it and nobody screamed "how about when every fucker's vaccinated! ". 

• Like 3