Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

They'll arrest him just for being English, man! Just say that you're both Islamic, immigrant, lesbian wimmins and they might even get you a house these days. 

:lol:

This post goes so well with a fried egg and peas it’s uncanny. 
4221396001_5248502522001_5248500552001_v

• Haha 2

If past behaviour is any indicator, this bunch of muppets will pull a last minute u-turn on lifting restrictions on the 19th- the number of experts saying it’s a terrible idea will get through, eventually, too late for many businesses to plan for, but the correct thing to do. 

I can’t see it. The Health Secretary has gone from trying to prevent it to advocating for it. It’s full steam ahead into the unknown. This could work out okay or could be a disaster but I’d rather not be a test case for the rest of the world to look at. Then again thanks to devolution I won’t be.

• Like 1

COVID-19: UK records 32,367 new coronavirus cases and 34 more deaths

COVID-19 cases have risen by 30.7% in the past week while deaths have increased by 43.1% and hospital admissions by 55.9% ahead of the government deciding whether to lift most restrictions on 19 July.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

I can’t see it. The Health Secretary has gone from trying to prevent it to advocating for it. It’s full steam ahead into the unknown. This could work out okay or could be a disaster but I’d rather not be a test case for the rest of the world to look at. Then again thanks to devolution I won’t be.

It’s an historic shitshow, isn’t it? 

• Like 2

I'd love to believe MF is right that they'll backtrack last minute and I really doubt anyone would be surprised if that happened at this point.

I'm with ewerk though. Our new health secretary has openly said he would happily waltz around a private business premises without a mask against the proprietors wishes if it wasn't a legal requirement. 

Cases are spiking up here faster than I've ever seen in the last 18 months and the symptoms sound the same, even in some double vaccinated folk. Only real difference seems to be the percentage of people that are becoming hospitalised and or dying directly.

The virus can't be stopped now. Johnson let delta in, it's incredibly infectious, no lock down can stop it. We are now the world's Petri dish,  being looked on  with a mixture of interest and horror. Either way, the Euros are finished tomorrow.  I hope people can refocus then about the absolute mess we're in. 

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If past behaviour is any indicator, this bunch of muppets will pull a last minute u-turn on lifting restrictions on the 19th- the number of experts saying it’s a terrible idea will get through, eventually, too late for many businesses to plan for, but the correct thing to do. 

Apparently only 10% of the public agree with removing all restrictions on July 19th.

I can see them backtracking too. Lots of very senior medics publicly stating what a disaster this is going to be, and that will make it difficult for Boris and Javid to plead ignorance in the aftermath. 

• Like 3

The "really ill with covid" mate I mentioned earlier now has at least 11 of his social circle from the weekend also now testing positive.

Which is particularly mental given that hes a heavy introvert with probably only 4 or 5 really close friends who are all still doing their best to stick to the guidance.

I appreciate thats totally anecdotal and has no scientific backing but its pretty alarming to see so much of this now all than the past 18 months.

We're beyond fucked if we can't get a grip on those numbers by autumn.

It must an absolute head-fuck knowing that you’ve, albeit inadvertently, passed it in to others, especially if, as you say, he’s an introverted lad. 
Aside from the physical aspects of having it, I hope he’s doing ok mentally. 

9 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It must an absolute head-fuck knowing that you’ve, albeit inadvertently, passed it in to others, especially if, as you say, he’s an introverted lad. 
Aside from the physical aspects of having it, I hope he’s doing ok mentally. 

He's really beating himself up about it and is fucked up with what he described as "the worst flu he's ever had".

Shit thing is despite his guilt he's not even the bona-fide source of that circle. Just the poor fucker who had a few friends over on Saturday and happened to get sick first. 

18 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

The "really ill with covid" mate I mentioned earlier now has at least 11 of his social circle from the weekend also now testing positive.

Which is particularly mental given that hes a heavy introvert with probably only 4 or 5 really close friends who are all still doing their best to stick to the guidance.

I appreciate thats totally anecdotal and has no scientific backing but its pretty alarming to see so much of this now all than the past 18 months.

We're beyond fucked if we can't get a grip on those numbers by autumn.

I went to watch the Germany match last Tuesday with a bunch of mates who had been at the England vs Sri Lanka game earlier in the day. Was meant to be going back out to watch the Ukraine match with them on Saturday but I was already out with the wife and some friends. Turns out one of them caught COVID at the cricket and the rest of them have had to isolate for the Semi Final and Final :lol:  

Downside is I'm having to watch the match in the house with family and kids!

Edited by Kid Dynamite

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I went to watch the Germany match last Tuesday with a bunch of mates who had been at the England vs Sri Lanka game earlier in the day. Was meant to be going back out to watch the Ukraine match with them on Saturday but I was already out with the wife and some friends. Turns out one of them caught COVID at the cricket and the rest of them have had to isolate for the Semi Final and Final :lol:  

Ha. I'd say it's a safe bet that even the most careful of folk are getting pretty complacent.

I gave the Saturday a miss thinking I'd avoid the slightly larger group and met him for a quiet pint on the Monday, so now I'm fucking housebound until Thursday with four kids. Pain in the arse considering I'm double jabbed and still testing negative 6 days later but a there's (double jabbed) folk in that Saturday group that isolated and turned in several negative lateral flow tests until nearly a week later so I do kinda get the guidance and would be inclined to think this "vaccinated people shouldn't need to isolate" patter is absolute lunacy.

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I’m sure they’re all relieved that their designated driver has remained unscathed.

Woohoo. We’re famous. Got a ludicrous situation at my kids’ school. I don’t blame the I might add. But my eldest is having to isolate. His year and about 3 of the other years are in a similar situation. And half of one of the other years, ie one class are the same. My two little ones have to go in. We’re meant to be going camping on Sunday but what are the odds they’ll end up having to isolate because of a positive case this week? It’s absolutely rife at the minute and the schools are the reason in part. It being open for the last week of term just seems so unnecessary 

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Woohoo. We’re famous. Got a ludicrous situation at my kids’ school. I don’t blame the I might add. But my eldest is having to isolate. His year and about 3 of the other years are in a similar situation. And half of one of the other years, ie one class are the same. My two little ones have to go in. We’re meant to be going camping on Sunday but what are the odds they’ll end up having to isolate because of a positive case this week? It’s absolutely rife at the minute and the schools are the reason in part. It being open for the last week of term just seems so unnecessary 

Can you keep them off? I know plenty of people doing this as they don't want to risk their holidays. Mine have broken up already anyway. Day 5 for the eldest stuck at home. Trying to work and juggle the childcare is shit like. 

It’s just a 3 night trip we booked as everywhere is full up. It’s more the fact the schools staying open just seems like a good way to spread the virus really. We’ve got a week in the lakes end of August we booked ages ago. I think we’ll be really careful in the run up to that. Although my lass is a nurse so she can’t stay at home in the lead up to that 

29 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

BBC News - Long Covid: Early findings bring hope for diagnostic tests
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57776010

Apparently they can tell if you're a fanny.by your blood

Mad that. You would think if they were just pretending there would be no quantifiable evidence that they are actually ill....