Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Are you suggesting the government should bypass the JVCI? 

The JCVI's remit in this is too narrow, they aren't considering the wider societal and educational implications imo. The government has ignored scientific advice on covid from SAGE many times so it might be useful if they followed the global lead on this for once. Like I said, I bet you they will u-turn in 3 weeks when it is too late. You also implied the vaccines aren't safe in kids, that's demonstrably untrue. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

The JCVI's remit in this is too narrow, they aren't considering the wider societal and educational implications imo. The government has ignored scientific advice on covid from SAGE many times so it might be useful if they followed the global lead on this for once. Like I said, I bet you they will u-turn in 3 weeks when it is too late. You also implied the vaccines aren't safe in kids, that's demonstrably untrue. 

I haven’t implied that at all :lol: 

Ive simply said I’d rather take the advice of the experts rather than Boris. You seem to be suggesting Boris should overrule the JCVI.

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Ive simply said I’d rather take the advice of the experts rather than Boris. You seem to be suggesting Boris should overrule the JCVI.

NOW he wants to listen to the experts. 

• Haha 5

Just now, Gemmill said:

NOW he wants to listen to the experts. 

:lol: Quelle surprise lorry drivers and other jobs are suddenly getting a nice bump in wages.  So you and Renton have to suffer a little shortage in goods at Forum & Mason……. Hey ho 

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I'm questioning why we are out of step with the rest of the world and what the consequences of this might be. I don't hold as much stock in experts as you just because they are British. It's not a scientific question this, it's strategic. 

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Quelle surprise lorry drivers and other jobs are suddenly getting a nice bump in wages.  So you and Renton have to suffer a little shortage in goods at Forum & Mason……. Hey ho 

That's certainly one interpretation of what's happening. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

We have a million vacancies in jobs we can't fill; this isn't a good thing. Forcing wage increases due to scarcity of Labour isn't sustainable and will lead to inflation. And you of all people should be panicked by food shortages. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm questioning why we are out of step with the rest of the world and what the consequences of this might be. I don't hold as much stock in experts as you just because they are British. It's not a scientific question this, it's strategic. 

I’m pretty sure the vaccines are very safe for kids but some will get clots and die. Given the low impact of corona on kids, I’d much rather know the facts rather than put them at risk to save a few older people.

I suppose your (not you) view can be slightly more acute if you have a child in that age group.

Still happy to wait for out experts to ok it.

15 hours ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

He's actually managed to write a song that is even worse than the sentiment expressed. What a cunt.

In the 60s he was racist. In the 70s he began his coke-fuelled descent into becoming one of the dullest artists on the planet. In the 80s he abused and raped his then wife and in the 90s he let his 4 year old son fall 50 floors to his death out of an open bedroom window. Great to see him back 

• Haha 2