Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

10 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Christmas no.1?

The amount of anti-vaxers is taking the piss now mind. They're fucking everywhere.

Reminds me of that quote, "Think how stupid the average person is, and then remember that half of them are even more stupid than that"

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I just listened to an interview with the Dr who identified the new variant and she basically called the response overboard. She said the new variant isn’t anymore dangerous than the previous one.

I heard her too but with respect to her she can't possibly know this, she was using anecdotes from a setting not really relevant to the UK. I hope she is right and it is no more likely to cause severe illness than delta, but we need to wait and see. 

I read that her remarks mainly related to its effects on young, healthy people which would apply for other variants too. 

A more infectious variant which becomes dominant but is milder would be a decent way out of this but I don't hold out that much hope yet. 

1 minute ago, NJS said:

I read that her remarks mainly related to its effects on young, healthy people which would apply for other variants too. 

A more infectious variant which becomes dominant but is milder would be a decent way out of this but I don't hold out that much hope yet. 

Yeah, that's the ideal situation. I've also heard that although it evades the vaccine in terms of mild disease spread, the vaccines still seem effective at preventing severe illness and death, with all hospitalisations so far caused by Omicron being in unvaccinated  people. I'll be honest, if this variant wipes out anti-vaxxers, that's an added bonus. 

35 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Christmas no.1?

The amount of anti-vaxers is taking the piss now mind. They're fucking everywhere.

Reminds me of that quote, "Think how stupid the average person is, and then remember that half of them are even more stupid than that"

takeup in the UK has been pretty good. they're just a particularly vocal minority. 

23 minutes ago, NJS said:

that's the way viruses tend to go, isn't it? they find a way to become more transmissible while killing off fewer hosts. 

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, that's the ideal situation. I've also heard that although it evades the vaccine in terms of mild disease spread, the vaccines still seem effective at preventing severe illness and death, with all hospitalisations so far caused by Omicron being in unvaccinated  people. I'll be honest, if this variant wipes out anti-vaxxers, that's an added bonus. 

yeah :lol:

what was it bill hicks said? the world just a bit lighter, we lost a few morons - good. 

If it kills the unvaccinated, I would lose half my family, so that gets a downvote from me. 

If it kills Mark Zuckerberg and all the groups making money spreading bullshit on Fox News, Facebook and YouTube, then let's get this party started. 

Lad in our team at work who's South African is reluctant rather than anti - he's had one dose and was talking of having his second last week. I had a mild go at him which he was fine with but his Xmas plans are now down the shitter as he was going to go home but would now need full quarantine on return. 

Worst thing was he was worried about telling his brother he was vaccinated as he's full anti - I told him he needed to think selfishly from that angle while being selfless in the bigger picture. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's like trying to keep a fart in your trousers though, amirite? 

The ultimate straw man argument given no one ever said a mask stops you getting COVID.

Id rather someone farted in my face in a pair of trousers than with their bare arse cheeks though. Unless it's Blake Lively 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The ultimate straw man argument given no one ever said a mask stops you getting COVID.

Id rather someone farted in my face in a pair of trousers than with their bare arse cheeks though. Unless it's Blake Lively 

I thought he meant stopping the spread in general, but I might have misinterpreted it. 

13 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We’re well aware of your preference for clothing related to the nethers. :lol:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

I thought he meant stopping the spread in general, but I might have misinterpreted it. 

You must have missed the right banger he posted on the last page :lol: 

My response was aimed at Piers, not Gemmil 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Haha 1