Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Definitely think they know more than they're letting on 

Nicola Sturgeon calls for ALL UK arrivals to quarantine for EIGHT DAYS after Scotland finds six cases of Omicron with 'no travel history': Scottish leader announces return to WFH and demands Boris rolls out even TOUGHER restrictions

Nicola Sturgeon and Mark Drakeford also called for an emergency COBRA meeting over the new variant

I'm supposed to be going to a family funeral in Sweden from Thursday to Saturday (I then have no more foreign travel lined up until the summer, so I don't feel unreasonable about wanting to do so). Given the nature of the occasion I'm fine with paying ££ to book a PCR test at a clinic first thing on Sunday morning and isolating until the results come back by the end of Monday (or hopefully sooner), even if it's a pain to have had that change in requirements sprung on us - the uncertainty is part and parcel of travel right now and if you're not okay with it, you shouldn't be booking. But I'll definitely be on the fence about going if an eight-day quarantine ends up being imposed at short notice like Scotland and Wales are calling for. I know my needs are not the most important thing right now but ffs. :lol: 

17 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Got my booster lined up for Saturday

I'm due to go and see the Sleaford Mods on Friday, been looking forward to it for months, but starting to wonder if it's a stupid idea at this point

Sick of this

It’s a highly personal decision. Depends on how worried you are about getting it or passing it on to any vulnerable people you might mix with. 

My own view after getting the second jab was to just go back to living a normal life. I still wear a mask on public transport etc and take weekly lateral flow tests but I’ve been to gigs, clubs, bars, the cinema and restaurants. Still haven’t had the bloody virus.

This week will be the real test because the bogs at the emirates were the most covidy things I’ve seen yet. Over a hundred blokes queuing in a room with really low ceilings and no ventilation, 3 or 4 people deep for each free spot at the urinal. Next to no fucker wearing a mask etc. My mrs is convinced I’m going to get it in the run up to Christmas and spoil it for everyone. Might be a result if I get out of forced jollity with the inlaws. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s a highly personal decision. Depends on how worried you are about getting it or passing it on to any vulnerable people you might mix with. 

My own view after getting the second jab was to just go back to living a normal life. I still wear a mask on public transport etc and take weekly lateral flow tests but I’ve been to gigs, clubs, bars, the cinema and restaurants. Still haven’t had the bloody virus.

This week will be the real test because the bogs at the emirates were the most covidy things I’ve seen yet. Over a hundred blokes queuing in a room with really low ceilings and no ventilation, 3 or 4 people deep for each free spot at the urinal. Next to no fucker wearing a mask etc. My mrs is convinced I’m going to get it in the run up to Christmas and spoil it for everyone. Might be a result if I get out of forced jollity with the inlaws. 

Sadly I'm the most vunerable person I know as I'm an old cunt and had heart failure a few years back. I've been going to the pub and restaurants. I'm back in the gym and I actually went to the same venue to see Ross Noble a few weeks back. It's just a sweaty gig seems a bigger step.

I'll probably end up going and sitting upstairs in an age appropriate fashion, then catching it anyway

2 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Got my booster lined up for Saturday

I'm due to go and see the Sleaford Mods on Friday, been looking forward to it for months, but starting to wonder if it's a stupid idea at this point

Sick of this

Having the same discussion here at the minute. Work have just sent out a vote about a Christmas do. 

I can't be fucked with work do's at the best of times, but I'm still fucking annoyed that it's this bullshit virus getting in the way.

I'll be visiting a house full of unvaccinated simpletons on Xmas day, so I should probably be doing fuck all between now and then. 

Anyway the date for the Xmas do is the same day as my booster, so current plan is to vote for a Xmas do so I don't look like a miserable cunt, and then claim that the booster has knocked me for 6 and don't attend. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

We've now being told to take an LFT every time we go to the office. Our senior boss has told us this morning he's happy for us not to come in if we're uncomfortable doing so. 

I have to write our policies for this, it’s becoming a bit of a nightmare. We have some staff who are happy to do whatever they used to do as normal, and then others are seemingly nervous about leaving the house at all.

Luckily got decent support from higher ups and am working with HR to adjust peoples contracts to what suits them as well as the business.

Hopefully not going to be in a position where we have to have blanket rules that suit nobody.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

All the schools around here are preparing for wfh. Emails asking have kids got laptops and teachers sorting online plans.

Either just being cautious or expecting closure in weeks.

fuck-that-nah.gif

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Having the same discussion here at the minute. Work have just sent out a vote about a Christmas do. 

I can't be fucked with work do's at the best of times, but I'm still fucking annoyed that it's this bullshit virus getting in the way.

I'll be visiting a house full of unvaccinated simpletons on Xmas day, so I should probably be doing fuck all between now and then. 

Anyway the date for the Xmas do is the same day as my booster, so current plan is to vote for a Xmas do so I don't look like a miserable cunt, and then claim that the booster has knocked me for 6 and don't attend. :lol:

Yeah, that will work.

As far as I'm aware, ours is going ahead. I never bothered with my old work because the colleagues I liked never went plus you had to pay for it yourself. Fuck that. But this time round it's all drink and food paid for, and I don't know my colleagues well enough to dislike them yet. I've just gone for the most expensive thing on every menu, I'm not going to turn down fillet steak with truffles from Blackfriars washed down with champagne.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

All the schools around here are preparing for wfh. Emails asking have kids got laptops and teachers sorting online plans.

Either just being cautious or expecting closure in weeks.

About a third of my daughters' classes are off with it already. Their LFTs are still always negative though, as are mine. Honestly don't know how we've avoided it so far. 

Listen to Private Sector Renton. He's the new ChezGiven. 

"I'll tell what you can do with that champagne, BIG BOY!" *unzip.... cheeks splayed... "Don't pretend you haven't seen this before. We're private sector now. TIP IT IN!" 

• Haha 7