Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Was thinking this. Do you have to cook your own dinner as well? 

No Christmas dinner last year, you had to go up on your break and get a 'Christmas' sarnie and bring it back to your designated break room. Ho-ho-ho! :lol:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I just don't think anyone should be forced to have something injected into them if they really don't want it. 

I don’t want getting a potentially lethal virus transmitted  by people rejecting necessary treatment.

I am most times for respecting people’s freedom to make their own choices how stupid they might be. But this kind of freedom does have it’s limits as well when it does effect not only the freedom but lives of other people. That’s what happening to freedom rights all the time. Vaccine mandats aren’t something new either. Measles vaccinations became mandatory in Germany again because of too many people behaving unreasonably.

We have to get to the bottom of this pandemic and as far too many people are clinging to conspiracy theories and refusing to obey necessary measures then it’s tough luck for them if they have to face getting a 5g chip injected in their body.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I don’t want getting a potentially lethal virus transmitted  by people rejecting necessary treatment.

I am most times for respecting people’s freedom to make their own choices how stupid they might be. But this kind of freedom does have it’s limits as well when it does effect not only the freedom but lives of other people. That’s what happening to freedom rights all the time. Vaccine mandats aren’t something new either. Measles vaccinations became mandatory in Germany again because of too many people behaving unreasonably.

We have to get to the bottom of this pandemic and as far too many people are clinging to conspiracy theories and refusing to obey necessary measures then it’s tough luck for them if they have to face getting a 5g chip injected in their body.

How do you enforce it though. I assume not actively, but do it by excluding unvaccinated from public life and activities, like working in an office, shopping, or going to the pub? If you work at home and shop online I think you should be free not to have it. 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

How do you enforce it though. I assume not actively, but do it by excluding unvaccinated from public life and activities, like working in an office, shopping, or going to the pub? If you work at home and shop online I think you should be free not to have it. 

There are going to be fines.

2 hours ago, trooper said:

UK records 53,945 new cases and 141 more deaths in highest daily infections figure since spike after Euros in July

Hold on to your masks here we go again 

Eh? Is that not what it’s been the last 4-5 months like?

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Cases are on the rise again. Pretty much ever since you turned up telling us they'd been falling for successive weeks and the pandemic was over. :lol:

Gloomy is to the pandemic what Parky used to be to football.

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Cases are on the rise again. Pretty much ever since you turned up telling us they'd been falling for successive weeks and the pandemic was over. :lol:

Cases schmases. Deaths have been around that level consistently since summer 

Ireland introduces new COVID restrictions

Michael Martin, the PM of Ireland, has confirmed the country will reintroduce some coronavirus restrictions ahead of the Christmas period.

New limits on the hospitality sector follow "very stark" advice from the chief medical officer Dr Tony Holohan, he said.

Under the latest rules, nightclubs will close until 9 January.

Table service only will return to bars, with a maximum of six people per table permitted in restaurants.

Mr Martin said the Omicron variant risks sparking a "very serious crisis" in Ireland.

"The risks associated with proceeding into the Christmas period without some restrictions... is just too high," he added.

"My message this evening is a difficult one...  I understand and I share the disappointment and frustration this will cause for many of you."

However, Mr Martin insisted: "This is not about going back to the days of lockdowns."