Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Some coup for your wife, snapping up the 25 year old Sofa King of South Shields. Fair play to her. 

"Hold it there, Ma'am! Sofa King, CT here and my junior assistant, Trevor. That three piece suite your looking at looks mighty fine don't it? It's gonna look even better when I tell you it's reduced by £100, interest free for 24 months with an APR of 0% credit. Would you like to step in to my office and we'll get a few signatures to get this baby home where it belongs, Madam?"

Adobe_20220113_195104.jpg

• Haha 9

CT definitely bought a white jacket from the Man About Town range at Burtons and wore it with the sleeves shoved up, with a pair of Geordie Jeans chinos and some espadrilles from Timpsons on his trotters. :lol:

“ Oh yeah, I sold a lovely chesterfield to Andy Taylor’s auntie, you know him out of Duran Duran. 
Anyway, can I get you a Hooch or Malibu and pineapple pet?” 

• Haha 5

I used to love Miami Vice. I remember thinking I looked like Crockett on holiday in Alcudia, sporting an evening outfit of a lemon Lacoste polo shirt paired with chinos and espadrilles. I was only about 9. I bet the original tv series has aged about as well as George and Mildred though 

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

"Hold it there, Ma'am! Sofa King, CT here and my junior assistant, Trevor. That three piece suite your looking at looks mighty fine don't it? It's gonna look even better when I tell you it's reduced by £100, interest free for 24 months with an APR of 0% credit. Would you like to step in to my office and we'll get a few signatures to get this baby home where it belongs, Madam?"

Adobe_20220113_195104.jpg

I miss that hat :lol: 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I used to love Miami Vice. I remember thinking I looked like Crockett on holiday in Alcudia, sporting an evening outfit of a lemon Lacoste polo shirt paired with chinos and espadrilles. I was only about 9. I bet the original tv series has aged about as well as George and Mildred though 

It came out in 1984 I think. 
I was in full Rocker mode then, aged 16- black leather bike jacket, bullet belt, ripped jeans and Van Halen T-shirt 

Proper knicker-wetter. :lol:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

I saw a clip of it the other day, the one where Phil Collins was in it. Fucking hell.

:lol: :lol:

• Haha 2

What was going to be a believeable source turns into a "wait a minute where do they even get this info" when it doesn't match his preconceptions, watching it play out is lovely.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Class. Rogan is such a fucking halfwit. 

without a doubt. i used to quite enjoy some of his podcasts - he gets great access - before covid. he has completely lost the plot in the past couple of years 

11 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Frank Zappa played a drug lord in an episode, (which is weird given his views on drugs), and it’s as bad as you’d expect. :lol:

There was a thread recently-ish on Twitter about it (I think). Quite a lot of famous people, bands, artists etc. turned up on it. Miles Davis played someone and Little Richard played a street preacher in one show. There was also quite a few bands and artists played themselves (including Suicidal Tendencies :lol: ). Crockett ended up marrying the character played by Sheena Easton before an old enemy of his murdered her. Then you had people like Ian McShane and Stanley Tucci who played one character in one series then showed up in another series playing someone completely different. Also there was one story arc where Crockett was in an accident and developed amnesia (like everyone seemingly did at some point on 80s tv shows) and thought he actually was a drug dealer. Perhaps the most unbelievable thing about the whole show though was that despite being a copper (albeit usually working undercover as a drug dealer) Crockett lived on a yatch, owned a speedboat and drove around in a Ferrari Daytona. 
There may have been some truth to the rumours that the people behind the show indulged in a little nose candy 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

without a doubt. i used to quite enjoy some of his podcasts - he gets great access - before covid. he has completely lost the plot in the past couple of years 

It amazes me how many outwardly normal people hang on this idiot’s every word- my former business partner thought the bloke was some kind of wise life guru and I was like,

” Mate, he’s a fucking comedian who’s been punched more times than is probably safe”

• Haha 2

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

It amazes me how many outwardly normal people hang on this idiot’s every word- my former business partner thought the bloke was some kind of wise life guru and I was like,

” Mate, he’s a fucking comedian who’s been punched more times than is probably safe”

he's gone down a conspiracy rabbit hole and sounds deranged on most matters these days, which is reflected in some of the guests he has on. shame really as he used to do some alright stuff. 

the other thing is he's absolutely humourless on his podcast, which i always found odd given he's supposed to be a comedian. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

There was a thread recently-ish on Twitter about it (I think). Quite a lot of famous people, bands, artists etc. turned up on it. Miles Davis played someone and Little Richard played a street preacher in one show. There was also quite a few bands and artists played themselves (including Suicidal Tendencies :lol: ). Crockett ended up marrying the character played by Sheena Easton before an old enemy of his murdered her. Then you had people like Ian McShane and Stanley Tucci who played one character in one series then showed up in another series playing someone completely different. Also there was one story arc where Crockett was in an accident and developed amnesia (like everyone seemingly did at some point on 80s tv shows) and thought he actually was a drug dealer. Perhaps the most unbelievable thing about the whole show though was that despite being a copper (albeit usually working undercover as a drug dealer) Crockett lived on a yatch, owned a speedboat and drove around in a Ferrari Daytona. 
There may have been some truth to the rumours that the people behind the show indulged in a little nose candy 

Fucking hell :lol:

• Haha 2