Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

On 09/03/2022 at 17:02, Howmanheyman said:

Mothers, man....... before I left home wor lass would usually stay over on a weekend as we were saving for a place of our own. One day my dad let on that she'd had a word with him saying she wasn't stupid, :lol:, she knew we'd be discreetly 'doing it' but I could at least get rid of 'them condom thingys'. My father had a look as to what she was talking about and it was fucking ear defenders from work, they were blueish, transparent and white cotton bud or something inside.....AND WERE OBVIOUSLY SMALL. Obviously the old man knew straight away what they actually we're, laughed and told not to be daft then explained to my mam her error in judgement. I was going to take the piss but I didn't want my shagging becoming a subject around my folks living room so pretended I never knew her error. :lol: (She's Irish so, y'knaa.....) ;)

I mean...she changed your nappies, I'm guessing she knows what she's talking about. 

• Haha 4

How's your Monday going? ....am in a WhatsApp group with nine others all from the town where we live, one lad tested positive last week and two of us did this morning... am suggesting that makes the local infection rate "fuckin rife" :good:

20220314_062957.jpg

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

How's your Monday going? ....am in a WhatsApp group with nine others all from the town where we live, one lad tested positive last week and two of us did this morning... am suggesting that makes the local infection rate "fuckin rife" :good:

20220314_062957.jpg

I hardly know anyone (apart from me) who hasn't had it recently, including my Mrs (we both also had it way back in 2020 before it was a well known thing - (all the symptoms which at the time weren't known/considered as symptoms).

• Like 1

Hope the symptoms aren’t too bad, PL. It’s rife in the local schools again, similar to just before Xmas. It’s GREAT that we’re all being encouraged to go back into the office just as it’s increasing again. 

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hope the symptoms aren’t too bad, PL. It’s rife in the local schools again, similar to just before Xmas. It’s GREAT that we’re all being encouraged to go back into the office just as it’s increasing again. 

Am in  bed  :lol: not eaten anything since last night,  current Mrs PL therefore thinks am dieing  because she's never seen me like this...didn't sleep much last night,  so am mostly just tired...

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Got to admit like, I haven’t got a fucking clue what the crack is now if you get it. Is isolation and such dependant on your specific employer?

You literally don't have to do anything, but the last instruction before it was all ditched was 5 days. So thats what I told them am taking and asked if I was going to get paid....still waiting for an answer...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Am in  bed  :lol: not eaten anything since last night,  current Mrs PL therefore thinks am dieing  because she's never seen me like this...didn't sleep much last night,  so am mostly just tired...

You literally don't have to do anything, but the last instruction before it was all ditched was 5 days. So thats what I told them am taking and asked if I was going to get paid....still waiting for an answer...

Get well soon PL. My mum is still ill with it, although not seriously so. I don't think. Meanwhile it's the anniversary of the last time I saw my sister alive before she went to Cramlington and I never saw her again because they wouldn't let me visit because of covid. I'm utterly fucked mentally, I can't come to terms with it. Seeing the GP next week, will probably take MF's advice and get on the happy pills. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Get well soon PL. My mum is still ill with it, although not seriously so. I don't think. Meanwhile it's the anniversary of the last time I saw my sister alive before she went to Cramlington and I never saw her again because they wouldn't let me visit because of covid. I'm utterly fucked mentally, I can't come to terms with it. Seeing the GP next week, will probably take MF's advice and get on the happy pills. 

I know you know this but there is no shame or weakness in medication. Look after yourself

• Like 5

There's no shame but at the same time I'm not sure crying during meetings is a good look. I've been referred for mandatory counselling. Oh fuck, I think I may need to look for another job. 

Edited by Renton
  • Sad 2

44 minutes ago, Renton said:

So sorry to hear mate,  not sure how much digitally getting things off your chest in this space helps but without trying to sound patronising but failing pretty miserably am pleased/encouraged/whatever that you feel able to do so....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

So sorry to hear mate,  not sure how much digitally getting things off your chest in this space helps but without trying to sound patronising but failing pretty miserably am pleased/encouraged/whatever that you feel able to do so....

It does help enormously me unloading here. I've always been one to push things to the back of my mind in RL, until I have a break down like today. I just miss my sister so much and will never get over not saying goodbye to her. I need to recognise this.  Maybe my work psychologist will help, I don't know. My colleagues seem like genuinely nice people but I'm not sure how much I know them or can trust them. Too late now anyway, off to the work shrink I go. Also yet again proves that drink is not good for me. Got pissed for the time in ages yesterday, today I am suffering a major depressive episode. Not worth it. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

It does help enormously me unloading here. I've always been one to push things to the back of my mind in RL, until I have a break down like today. I just miss my sister so much and will never get over not saying goodbye to her. I need to recognise this.  Maybe my work psychologist will help, I don't know. My colleagues seem like genuinely nice people but I'm not sure how much I know them or can trust them. Too late now anyway, off to the work shrink I go. Also yet again proves that drink is not good for me. Got pissed for the time in ages yesterday, today I am suffering a major depressive episode. Not worth it. 

Honestly mate, what you're feeling - all the emotions and everything - they're nothing to be ashamed of. They're just how you feel. It's both right and natural that very distressing events have caused you distress. It sounds like you're making the right moves in working through them, and the world is just going to have to accept that these things take time.

I think confronting it fully is the way through any sort of serious inner pain - in this country we put too much value on the notion of putting a brave face on it and toughing it out IMO. I do think people are generally starting to be a bit more understanding about this though, so I am sure your colleagues will be genuine in their concern. It wouldn't change my view of you at all, for what it's worth - crying or no.

I do agree that alcohol probably isn't a good idea to throw into the mix with this, although again - if you feel the need idk, I wouldn't judge. I've been there myself. If you feel able to manage without though, then you should. What you're feeling is valid and reasonable, there's nothing wrong with how you're reacting - it's just a question of working through it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Rents man, you've had some serious shite in your direction of late. See what the GP states but be careful which happy pills they put you on. I was put on Citalopram which I later found out was an anti-psychotic drug. It actually made me worse and I was the most horrible cunt imaginable to my missus at the time, and the kids. 

Hoepfully the banter on here (Asprilla aside) is keeping your thoughts positive. Any time you need a debrief mate, drop me a line. 

• Like 2

To be honest it would probably be more worrying if you weren't feeling the way you currently do. You've went through an absolutely terrible time of late and your reaction is entirely normal. Get yourself on some meds to even things out and definitely get talking to a professional to help you work through it.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm really wary of medicating myself Craig, mainly because I think I'm in the normal range of what I should be feeling. I'm also wary of counselling. I had a major issue 6 years back and got counselling, and can honestly say the first counsellor made me feel suicidal (and I fucking paid for it!). Blamed all my relationship problems on me which was pure bull shit. Sent me in to full blown nervous breakdown which ultimately cost me my job (as there was no chance of promotion after this). The second person I saw, a clinical psychologist, was just useless, but at least not damaging to me. But on reflection, I've never dealt with my mental issues and now the additional shit I've had to deal with, my sister and Dad dying, have just pushed me over the edge. Let's see what the new psychologist says. 

• Like 3

One person's medicine is another person's poison. Counselling was what worked for me and I was a serious sceptic - thought it was for fannies and a complete waste of time.

I was lucky enough to be referred for it so cost me nothing and she was excellent. Obviously totally depends on who is your counsellor but she definitely helped me unlock some boxes I was aware i was hiding away and some I'd hidden so deep I'd actually forgotten about them. Definitely got me back on the road to being me and touch wood, I've been in a good place and pill-free for almost 4 years now. 

It's good to talk, even it's just to mates and you've plenty in here (even Gemmill). Hope they sort you out mate. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Renton said:

Cheers. Great to have you back btw. 👍

I promised myself I'd never darken these doors again because I knew I'd not be able to stop coming back! :lol: Ah well, shit happens. It's good to be back, fucking unbelievable that this place is still going strong 17 years later. It's older than one of my kids! :lol: